The Jerks of Online Forums

[URL]http://www.pcworld.com/printable/article/id,163734/printable.html[/URL]

I just read the descriptions, but I’m sure I fit almost all of the categories. LOL.

classic… I smell a class project.

we’ve got a few of those on here, i could name names, but I don’t wanna hurt anyones feelings.

LOL that is so perfect :lol:

I can think of at least one poster on here for each category. Some fit almost flawlessly.

Nice find ID.

I can think of NUMEROUS POSTERS on here for each category. Some fit almost flawlessly.
:lmao: Fixed.

:shades:

Haha good stuff. I think we def have a few people who fit some of those perfectly. I don’t see as many fitting perfectly as you guys tho.

The list of jerks could go on forever. Our list, however, ends here. Now it’s your turn...
[U]The Buffoon[/U]

This poster, while harmless, generally can make his comments appear worthless and get them dismissed by other readers before they have even read the entire post. This poster often doesn’t even understand the mechanics of posting.

Responding to someone, or several people? The quoting mechanic would be perfect for this situation, but this poster has no clue about it even though almost all the other posters use it. Instead, they choose to to reply to three different, old, and vague topics in the discussion by unnamed posters in one mixed up and confusing post, not unlike the thoughts of someone experiencing psychosis.

Spacing? Often times this poster simply creates a massive wall of text or manufactures their own, strange style. Screw paragraphs. How about each new thought on its own line without even a space between those thoughts? This poster might think that’s a good idea.

To finish it off, this poster may not be able to spell or punctuate to save their life, and since this is a message board, that is somehow a valid excuse for them to not even attempt to act like they took high school English classes.

Combine all these, and you have a poster who very well could be an adult, but uses a message board on a 2nd grade level.

The Signature Jerk

For whatever reason, this person finds it necessary to have the biggest and most pointless signature possible. Two large pictures of a landscape in which the difference of the two pictures is 10% visibility taken from the top of the first picture and added to the bottom to form the second picture? They think this is a good idea. Forget the ability to open up MS Paint and make this into one picture in less than a minute, they want everyone who likes having signatures to have to scroll through their moronic sig every time. On top of that, they may add one or two more giant pictures that also serve very little purpose and make the signature truly egregious.

Combine this activity with the poster’s frequent use of all caps words and sometimes absurd use of punctuation and you have a clear and pitiful cry for attention.

The Punctuation Abuser

This type of poster is a relative of The Signature Jerk, but manifests its pitifulness in a different way. This poster’s apparent purpose in life is to make marks of punctuation his bitch. Almost as though this poster had terrible experiences in school where they just could not get their punctuation right, this poster is now using every mark to its full potential.

Asking a simple question? Screw one perfectly good question mark, they are going with four. A statement of excitement? No less than 5 exclamation points will do for this poster. A message of bewilderment? Only a minimum of 15 exclamation points and question marks interspersed, sometimes with a one or a forward slash mixed in, will adequately describe their shock and amazement.

The real cause for this poster’s behavior is similar to that of his relative, The Signature Jerk. This poster plain and simple just wants attention and will get it at any cost necessary. Combine this with this posters frequent behavior like a jaded twelve year old, always complaining and hating on everything, it is clear this poster suffers from a lack of self esteem and/or an inflated ego.

[QUOTE=49or bust;406519]Haha good stuff. I think we def have a few people who fit some of those perfectly. I don’t see as many fitting perfectly as you guys tho.

[U]The Signature Jerk[/U]

For whatever reason, this person finds it necessary to have the biggest and most pointless signature possible. Two large pictures of a landscape in which the difference of the two pictures is 10% visibility taken from the top of the first picture and added to the bottom to form the second picture? They think this is a good idea. Forget the ability to open up MS Paint and make this into one picture in less than a minute, they want everyone who likes having signatures to have to scroll through their moronic sig every time. On top of that, they may add one or two more giant pictures that also serve very little purpose and make the signature truly egregious.

Combine this activity with the poster’s frequent use of all caps words and sometimes absurd use of punctuation and you have a clear and pitiful cry for attention.

[/QUOTE]

Wonder WHO; he’s [B][I]talking[/I][/B]’ about?:blink:

this whole thing is a great thread!!!
so let’s do a spread sheet with all the categories across the top and everybody who is above ‘recruit’ (or something) down the side and let’s vote!
on the other hand, we could get some posters from other boards/schools in here that would like to trash some of us who are reallyreally cool people.

Wonder WHO; he's [B][I]talking[/I][/B]' about?:blink:
lol :tongue:

That fro of his is indeed quite the landscape. At least the sig is almost a reasonable size now.

[QUOTE=49or bust;406534]lol :tongue:

That fro of his is indeed quite the landscape. At least the sig is almost a reasonable size now. [/QUOTE]

Don’t know how you have your screen set up but my previous signature always came out side by side on my screen. Didn’t realize it was one on top of the other for some others. My bad.:doh:

Don't know how you have your screen set up but my previous signature always came out side by side on my screen. Didn't realize it was one on top of the other for some others. My bad.:doh:
Ah, no biggie. What's your resolution? Mine is 1024x768. In the campus banner, I can only see too the right side of Atkins. I have this problem with others who have bigger screens. Like Timelesseffort's sig, it is too big and causes a bottom scroll bar. I've asked him to correct it to no avail. :doh:

Lame.

I personally like the description of #5

[QUOTE=49or bust;406540]Ah, no biggie. What’s your resolution? Mine is 1024x768. In the campus banner, I can only see too the right side of Atkins. I have this problem with others who have bigger screens. Like Timelesseffort’s sig, it is too big and causes a bottom scroll bar. I’ve asked him to correct it to no avail. :doh:[/QUOTE]

I go from the Niner Nation Logo to the baseball field and Norm’s statue, get the first few letters of the Logo again. 1680 X 1050 resolution.

I go from the Niner Nation Logo to the baseball field and Norm's statue, get the first few letters of the Logo again. 1680 X 1050 resolution.
Sheesh. That explains that haha.

[QUOTE=49or bust;406558]Sheesh. That explains that haha.[/QUOTE]

You stuck at that resolution or are you just happy with seeing half the screen?:tongue:

[U]The Buffoon[/U]

This poster, while harmless, generally can make his comments appear worthless and get them dismissed by other readers before they have even read the entire post. This poster often doesn’t even understand the mechanics of posting.

Responding to someone, or several people? The quoting mechanic would be perfect for this situation, but this poster has no clue about it even though almost all the other posters use it. Instead, they choose to to reply to three different, old, and vague topics in the discussion by unnamed posters in one mixed up and confusing post, not unlike the thoughts of someone experiencing psychosis.

Spacing? Often times this poster simply creates a massive wall of text or manufactures their own, strange style. Screw paragraphs. How about each new thought on its own line without even a space between those thoughts? This poster might think that’s a good idea.

To finish it off, this poster may not be able to spell or punctuate to save their life, and since this is a message board, that is somehow a valid excuse for them to not even attempt to act like they took high school English classes.

Combine all these, and you have a poster who very well could be an adult, but uses a message board on a 2nd grade level.

:lmao: Perfect.

Is it my imagination, or did Bust just create 2 new categories?

Is it my imagination, or did Bust just create 2 new categories?

He created three.