The Mike Beasley to Charlotte website

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;166352]ForDā€¦Not much from Mike. A little more from Mom. It was between 3 and 4 on Saturday. Not sure how easy it would be to find.[/QUOTE]
Mikeā€™s mother was on the shout box Sunday afternoon as well.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;166332]Point taken, but Iā€™m from the perspective that we should do everything we can to get TMB here. Period.[/QUOTE]
Well, fireronzook.com workedā€¦

Whoever has control of the site CharlotteAlum posted, it would be an interesting idea to see that site made-over into a ā€œcome play for us _____ā€ site. Buying a domain name just for one player seems a bit much. Use the existing webspace for separate pages for Beasley, Tatum, Harmon, McNeal, ect ect ect.

Just an idea, Iā€™m all for showing TMB and the rest of the recruits how much we want them to play here, but I think NNN does a better job of that than any separate site would (by the sheer numbers we have here), so if you are going to throw money at something, throw it to ninermac. Just the way I see things, any extra support we can show TMB is great.

[QUOTE=CMack124;166354]Well, fireronzook.com workedā€¦

Whoever has control of the site CharlotteAlum posted, it would be an interesting idea to see that site made-over into a ā€œcome play for us _____ā€ site. Buying a domain name just for one player seems a bit much. Use the existing webspace for separate pages for Beasley, Tatum, Harmon, McNeal, ect ect ect.

Just an idea, Iā€™m all for showing TMB and the rest of the recruits how much we want them to play here, but I think NNN does a better job of that than any separate site would (by the sheer numbers we have here), so if you are going to throw money at something, throw it to ninermac. Just the way I see things, any extra support we can show TMB is great.[/QUOTE]

Well I have been informed that this site has bandwidth limits that we might break, thus creating extra charge. Also, it is set to expire sometime this year, and we would have to pay to renew. So it might not be such a good idea to use it. Sorry - I wasnā€™t aware of the background information on the site - just knew that it existed.

Alrightā€¦ if you want to do it right and do it for players going forwardā€¦

You register a domain of your choice and then use subdomains for the player names. For instance, you could register comehometocharlotte.com. Then for each player you setup a subdomain so that you could have michaelbeasley.comehometocharlotte.com.

I could host it probably, donā€™t have time to develop it though.

thats a great idea ninermac. better than getting just 1 website for beasley. I would throw in on it. My buddy has a website he does for his car club i will ask him if he has time to develop another one.

anybody got anything in the works yet?

Alright... if you want to do it right and do it for players going forward...

You register a domain of your choice and then use subdomains for the player names. For instance, you could register comehometocharlotte.com. Then for each player you setup a subdomain so that you could have michaelbeasley.comehometocharlotte.com.

I could host it probably, donā€™t have time to develop it though.

Iā€™d be more than happy to do the code for teh website as long as you can host it. I designed a couple UNC Charlotte student org websitesā€¦ www.uncc.edu/msa and www.sco.uncc.edu/prelaw

Lemme know and Iā€™m on it!!!

And as far as the domain name is concerned, I think it will be much more effective to have simply a [URL=http://www.beasleytocharlotte.com]ā€œwww.beasleytocharlotte.comā€[/URL] (or whatever) instead of ā€œplayername.cometocharlotte.comā€ā€¦ TMB is something that happens once every few decades. Playername.comtocharlotte.com doesent sound very convincing. An entire website dedicated to him does.

Again, let me know, and Iā€™ll get started.

I think macs idea is more reasonable though. It would look like all we care about it getting beasly, which might turn off other recruits?

Maybe the best way to go about it would be to have a site that could be updated with the recruits pages, and each recruit have information on them, and then a guest book. Users could comment in the guest book to show how many people want that student there, and leave positive comments. An admin could weed out negative ones.

i love it for beasley but what if we are recruiting John Doe and he isnt listed on rivals so we donā€™t know about him. he goes to [URL=http://www.cometocharlotte.com]www.cometocharlotte.com[/URL] and he doesnt see his name, could have a backwards effect is all i am saying.

Maybe add a section for recruits?

ā€œNot on scouts.com or rivals.com but interested in charlotte? CLICK HERE to be added to the siteā€ sorta thing.

Not very difficult. Not somethign that would happen very often either I bet.

[QUOTE=UpState49er;166353]Mikeā€™s mother was on the shout box Sunday afternoon as well.[/QUOTE]

What did she say?

:clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

does anyone else think that this is DANGEROUSLY close to recruiting violations?

I think you guys are playing with fire and should leave the recruiting to the professionals (Lutz) and scumbags( Huggins) that do it for a living.

This message board seems like a good place to host a thread and post about recruits.

[QUOTE=ninerID;167118]does anyone else think that this is DANGEROUSLY close to recruiting violations?[/QUOTE]

Fans canā€™t commit recruiting violations. That is funny though. Boosters can, but not fans.

[QUOTE=ninerID;167118]does anyone else think that this is DANGEROUSLY close to recruiting violations?[/QUOTE]

No violation here.

If it was a violation, what would keep some one from posing as a fan and commiting violations to bring another school down?

I think a lot of people on this board are boosters.

I donā€™t think it is a violation that would be the problem. I am more concerned about how and what information is presented on the site and if it becomes somehow representative of the university which would have no control over the site.