The new NN.N Feedback/Suggestions/Gripes

What are your new NN.N Feedback/Suggestions/Gripes ?

Looks great but will def take some getting use to, It’s like playing with a new phone or something and figuring out where everything is.

1. I wish each post showed in full and you didn’t have to scroll. well, this post showed in full but Ive seen some where I had to scroll to read so im confused

2. When I made a post, it took me back to the homepage instead of keeping me in that thread, normal?

3. I didn’t see it, but is there a remember your password option when signing in?

4. Love the stats section!

I think there is a ‘remember password button’

But I did have trouble logging in. Outside of that, nada!

Oh and I agree with Cibi, I wish after posting the page would direct back to the thread and show your post like it used to, rather then going to forum page.

whenever a new page loads, I get a black box in the top left hand corner covering the Home and Community link. It sometimes goes away if I put my cursor over it. No big deal really, just a little distracting.

Other than that, looks great so far. Much cleaner.

[quote=“cibik02, post:1, topic:22270”]What are your new NN.N Feedback/Suggestions/Gripes ?

1. I wish each post showed in full and you didn’t have to scroll. well, this post showed in full but Ive seen some where I had to scroll[/quote]

Ditto this.

There was a box to click that said “always stay logged in”. Click on that and I think it will serve as the same thing.

Browsing threads looks meh. Is all this really necessary besides the author? “Started by NinerAdvocate on Today at 08:46:18 AM” If the font was smaller at least and there was less gap between threads it’d look better imo.

The header is way too big. It’s needs to be at least half the size of what it is. The shoutbox is nearly at the bottom of my screen when the homepage pops up. The header size from the previous site was perfect.

No more go to first new post button.

No more UserCP area to go to my unread subscribed thread.

Subscribed threads also disappeared.

[quote=“X-49er, post:7, topic:22270”]The header is way too big. It’s needs to be at least half the size of what it is. The shoutbox is nearly at the bottom of my screen when the homepage pops up. The header size from the previous site was perfect.[/quote]I like it. Actually I wish the entire site area was wider since I’m on a larger monitor. So I guess scalability would be good?

Most of the features will just take getting used to. Like I’m used to quote being on the bottom of a post, not top, so I first quoted Jackrabbit instead of this one.

[quote=“Jackrabbit49er, post:8, topic:22270”]No more go to first new post button.

No more UserCP area to go to my unread subscribed thread.

Subscribed threads also disappeared.[/quote]

Try the “replies” link beside your avatar for a list of threads that have been responded to since your last visit. Still trying to find the “first unread” button myself.

[quote=“cibik02, post:1, topic:22270”]1) I wish each post showed in full and you didn’t have to scroll. well, this post showed in full but Ive seen some where I had to scroll to read so im confused[/quote]It looks like it only scrolls if you are quoting someone. I’ll find out as soon as I hit the “Post” button.

This is my 1st post ever on any fan forum board.

edit: i quoted, but don’t have to scroll to read it. Forget my theory.

Lots of wasted space as X said, the top banner is gigantic and my avatar and stuff fill most of that banner so i can’t see the pictures that well anyways. then on items that you need the space it is gone, i.e. if you type long shout, and you reach the sound button, you can’t see what you are typing, and the scroll function on the posts is annoying.

Can i have it default for the shouts to always be silent?

I appreciate the hard work and the fact that we have an independent site, but I miss the old one. Just my opinion though.

The new spacing between shouts makes it difficult to read shouts. I can only read 3 shouts without having to scroll.

looking at this from a 19 in monitor, there is a ton of wasted space, especially on the sides. Not a big deal…but still.

Done

i like the banner pics. you should make some of them into wallpaper downloads

Done[/quote] testing

Can you move the Collegiate Sports Forum up in the Pro/College section. It will see more action there than the NFL forum at the top of that section IMO.

Done!

I’m having trouble making my signature look… well not plain. I don’t know how to make things bold etc. without having the quick buttons. I may just be missing htem?