The new NN.N Feedback/Suggestions/Gripes

I’m just gonna post ideas/problems I have if I find them. Ignore them if you want, I’m just saying cause I don’t know where to draw the line. Not trying to be too nitpicky or w/e. -Oh yea, this is all on Firefox. No idea if it is different on other browsers.
EDIT: Just saw mac’s post about details. My OS is Windows XP. Mozilla version 3.5.4.

Problem: I can’t do different size fonts on posts. If I make the font size 10 or 8, the text ends up being realllly tiny. Like each character is smaller than a period. See?: [size=2px]this is font size 10 text
[/size]And otherwise it just doesn’t change the font size at all.
EDIT: When I post it the first time, the font size doesn’t change from standard size. When I go to modify, in the modify box it is already this small.

Idea: When replying to a thread, every single subsequent post has “Re: .” This is dumb and a waste of vertical space. Readers know what thread they are reading. Removing this would allow more posts per page.

If there is some reason for this to be there (linking individual posts or something so that people know where that post came from), you could just put it on the same line as the date and time of submission to save just as much space.

============
More

Praise/Problem: Love the stats pages for profiles! However, I believe the percentages and pie charts are off. Probably not being calculated right.
-For posting activity by time, the %s are way off. 4pm has 100%, 5pm has 96%, and so on. I think the percentage it is showing is what percentage of your maximum activity this hour of the day has, which is dumb. Should just be percentage of total activity, which clearly it could calculate.
-For Most Popular Boards By Posts, the pie charts are all outa wack. Not sure what they are supposed to show but whatever it is they are wrong. My top forum is at 1/4th and All Pro Sports is at 100% full. No idea what it is.
-For Most Popular Boards By Activity, the pie charts appear to be being calculated the same way as the posting time percentages. Top pie chart is 100% full, and they get less and less full accordingly.

Suggestion: Remove the stars under people’s names. Some people’s (not me) feelings are getting hurt. :frowning: Some people value quality over quantity. Don’t reward people who make lots of unnecessary posts with golden stars.

========
Another few before I sleep

Question: How much PM space do we have now? Used to be 1000 but now it doesn’t say how much room I have left. I don’t like to delete them cause they are funny to look at or helpful to go back to, so my inbox has been teetering around full for months and I’ve had to strategically delete PMs.

[color=red]Demand[/color]: Gold must be added as a font color option. >:( >:D
nah jk about the demand :stuck_out_tongue: but I believe we can’t go long without it. This current shade of green is suspect as well.

Praise: These emoticons are funny. :stuck_out_tongue: :-* :’( :o
Even got Satan up in this joint and no angel/god. >:D The christians won’t be happy about this.

Problem: Looks like I can’t get this cry emoticon to work. :’(

This brings up another
DEMAND: We must put back in our emoticon roster!! (guess it looks like I finally gotta fix it so there is no background to it.)
You can add green tinted glasses while you are at it if ya want.

Bust, weren’t you the one complaining about sigs too large at one point?

Overall, I think most things have been covered. As for me, I have two issues, one that sounds like it can be worked on, the other I thought I saw addressed early on, but I have no idea how to correct.

1.) Sizing/spacing/scaling on the page with headers and such. Obviously this is an aesthetics fix and will be hammered out after “true bugs”, but just wanted to chime in on it.

2.) Is there a “trick” or setting to get the shoutbox up and operational? It is totally blank for me, and I do not see a “post” button to add my shout(s). I tried the “Open Popup” link, but no dice there either.

Sytem Info:
I.E. 7
Windows XP Professional; Version 5.1.2600 – SP3

Haven’t read everything, but my one request…

make login persistent. Liked not having to login everytime I visit. Especially since have to bounce in and out during the day.

[quote=“cakewalk5, post:44, topic:22270”]Haven’t read everything, but my one request…

make login persistent. Liked not having to login everytime I visit. Especially since have to bounce in and out during the day.[/quote]

Sorry Cakewalk but Ihad to quote you to be able to reply. Im on PS3 & cant find a reply anywhere… No big deal because I dont use it much just wanted to see what the new board looked like on here. (Terrible)

Not sure if anyones mentioned this but the moble site is pretty nice. Would’ve loved to have it with my old cell phone…

Still trying to get use to this new board but I just want to tell Mac THANKs for the hard work!!!