The Niner - Seahawk / Major - Buzz Comparison

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:12, topic:24394”]I don’t get the comparison unless we want to see what Charlotte alum tore a program down worse over the past 4 years.
[/quote]

omg…you really are a loyal fan aren’t you. ::slight_smile:

[quote=“919R, post:21, topic:24394”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:12, topic:24394”]I don’t get the comparison unless we want to see what Charlotte alum tore a program down worse over the past 4 years.
[/quote]

omg…you really are a loyal fan aren’t you. ::)[/quote]

My point is this is a stupid comparison, if we are not looking at every coach we “could” have hired.

Besides, what did I say that was false in that statement. It sucks, but that is the truth. Just because someone is an alum doesn’t mean I can’t be objective regarding their performance.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:22, topic:24394”][quote=“919R, post:21, topic:24394”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:12, topic:24394”]I don’t get the comparison unless we want to see what Charlotte alum tore a program down worse over the past 4 years.
[/quote]

My point is this is a stupid comparison, if we are not looking at every coach we “could” have hired.

Besides, what did I say that was false in that statement. It sucks, but that is the truth. Just because someone is an alum doesn’t mean I can’t be objective regarding their performance.[/quote]

What other coaches would that exactly be per se? We were mainly looking at assistants, Buzz was one of the few candidates that we were looking at that had HC experience. He’s also the only other one that got hired onto a state university in North Carolina. One that plays in a relatively similar conference, and a program that made the NCAA tournament last just one year subsequent to our last appearance.

If you can’t see the freaking similarities, then you are a GD moron. If I didn’t get so much Niner news from here, I seriously think I’d quit coming as gay as this place has gotten lately.

I think scheduling UNCW might be good. We’re both rebuilding. Could be win/win. Why not?

We play enough local teams that have fans that don’t travel.

LOL, and the 49er fans travel well? Neither the student bus nor the “good” bus for ECU filled up. They’re having to combine into one bus.

I imagine we’d be travelling much better if we weren’t on the losing side of 500.

We are unbelievably bad this year. Good luck finding many teams fans that will travel 4 hours each way on a Wednesday night to see their sub-.500 team play.

We had more fans than every team in Charleston other than NCSU. And that was after losing to Gardner-Webb.

[quote=“Ninercentral, post:23, topic:24394”]What other coaches would that exactly be per se? We were mainly looking at assistants, Buzz was one of the few candidates that we were looking at that had HC experience. He’s also the only other one that got hired onto a state university in North Carolina. One that plays in a relatively similar conference, and a program that made the NCAA tournament last just one year subsequent to our last appearance.

If you can’t see the freaking similarities, then you are a GD moron. If I didn’t get so much Niner news from here, I seriously think I’d quit coming as gay as this place has gotten lately.[/quote]

As far as instate 1st year coaches go, Lebo and Major will likely recruit against each other more than you’ll run into Buzz/UNCW on the recruiting trail. That’s already been the case on several recruits and recruits we are both still after in other classes. Plus they face each other head to head a couple times. UNCW is one of the biggest train wrecks in America right now. They only have 2 players over 6-5 and 9 scholarship players, and I doubt it gets a lot better with 8 freshman next year. Not sure what you’re going to get looking at them as a model. It will take Buzz a while to clean that mess up IMO.

How many times are you going to edit the same post?

how often are you going to check it and read it?

Every time you edit it, you mark it as new on the “Unread Threads” list.

Implying that we would have the same issues for several years. Maybe for a year and a half at most, but several years implies a long period of dark times.[/quote]We’re several years into the dark times, right?[/quote]

I wish I had a counter for this statement…

For what it’s worth, Charlotte’s upside is much, much higher than a Seahawks team that was genuinely unwatchable last year. I haven’t made it to Trask to see them this year, but all the players they return except one were awful last year. Like, CAA dregs awful.

Implying that we would have the same issues for several years. Maybe for a year and a half at most, but several years implies a long period of dark times.[/quote]We’re several years into the dark times, right?[/quote]

I wish I had a counter for this statement…

For what it’s worth, Charlotte’s upside is much, much higher than a Seahawks team that was genuinely unwatchable last year. I haven’t made it to Trask to see them this year, but all the players they return except one were awful last year. Like, CAA dregs awful.[/quote]no offense to you or UNCW, but 99.9% of people on here don’t care about how we compare to UNCW. We’ve fell so far off the map it’s embarassing.

Anyone know how, if in any way, Judy has been held accountable for this?

We are unbelievably bad this year. Good luck finding many teams fans that will travel 4 hours each way on a Wednesday night to see their sub-.500 team play.

We had more fans than every team in Charleston other than NCSU. And that was after losing to Gardner-Webb.[/quote]

I’m with eason here. If we fill up one bus to ECU, I think that’s travelling well. The fact that they planned to have two buses shows that there is usually a need for them…only this year we’re terrible, so there isn’t.

[quote=“Ninercentral, post:23, topic:24394”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:22, topic:24394”][quote=“919R, post:21, topic:24394”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:12, topic:24394”]I don’t get the comparison unless we want to see what Charlotte alum tore a program down worse over the past 4 years.
[/quote]

Besides, what did I say that was false in that statement. It sucks, but that is the truth. Just because someone is an alum doesn’t mean I can’t be objective regarding their performance.[/quote]

What other coaches would that exactly be per se? We were mainly looking at assistants, Buzz was one of the few candidates that we were looking at that had HC experience. He’s also the only other one that got hired onto a state university in North Carolina. One that plays in a relatively similar conference, and a program that made the NCAA tournament last just one year subsequent to our last appearance.

If you can’t see the freaking similarities, then you are a GD moron. If I didn’t get so much Niner news from here, I seriously think I’d quit coming as gay as this place has gotten lately.[/quote]

As mentioned we could look at Lebo. We could also look at the fact that a few of the other assistant we looked at are still assistants. We could even look at Mike Rice, Jr.

Buzz comes up because people wanted Buzz to be our next coach. Did you specifically want him, I don’t know, but if you didn’t have an ulterior motive then why not bring up other coaches?

We are making sure the adults still get to drink on our 1/2 of the bus don’t we? I already spent $120 + tax for me & my brother damn it. >:(

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:36, topic:24394”][quote=“Ninercentral, post:23, topic:24394”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:22, topic:24394”][quote=“919R, post:21, topic:24394”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:12, topic:24394”]I don’t get the comparison unless we want to see what Charlotte alum tore a program down worse over the past 4 years.
[/quote]

As mentioned we could look at Lebo. We could also look at the fact that a few of the other assistant we looked at are still assistants. We could even look at Mike Rice, Jr.

Buzz comes up because people wanted Buzz to be our next coach. Did you specifically want him, I don’t know, but if you didn’t have an ulterior motive then why not bring up other coaches?[/quote]

The only other coach you could possibly look at would be Lebo. Except that ECU hasn’t made the tournament since 1993, and they have a totally different program than Charlotte. At least UNCW has had some success in recent years and is a little more comparable than ECU. The fact that you would even insinuate that I had the ulterior motive of promoting Buzz is ridiculous, since after what he did at App, I did not want him AT ALL. You made a ridiculous argument, now you are backed into a corner and grasping at straws. You want to compare Lebo, fine start your own damn thread.

THIS THREAD WAS TO COMPARE TWO CANDIDATES THAT WERE SUPPOSEDLY BEING LOOKED AT FOR THE CHARLOTTE JOB, AT TWO SCHOOLS THAT HAVE HAD SUCCESS IN THE 2000s AND HAD A HARD PAST 4 OR 5 YEARS. THEY ARE BOTH IN-STATE, BASKETBALL-ONLY SCHOOLS. THEY BOTH HAVE FAN BASES THAT CARE ABOUT BASKETBALL AND WERE LOOKING FOR A RETURN TO WINNING.

IF YOU STILL CAN’T COMPREHEND THE COMPARISON, AND WHY THESE TWO SCHOOLS WERE CHOSEN SPECIFICALLY, I’M SORRY, BUT I CAN’T HELP YOU; YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID.

JESUS H CHRIST

[quote=“Ninercentral, post:38, topic:24394”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:36, topic:24394”][quote=“Ninercentral, post:23, topic:24394”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:22, topic:24394”][quote=“919R, post:21, topic:24394”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:12, topic:24394”]I don’t get the comparison unless we want to see what Charlotte alum tore a program down worse over the past 4 years.
[/quote]

Buzz comes up because people wanted Buzz to be our next coach. Did you specifically want him, I don’t know, but if you didn’t have an ulterior motive then why not bring up other coaches?[/quote]

The only other coach you could possibly look at would be Lebo. Except that ECU hasn’t made the tournament since 1993, and they have a totally different program than Charlotte. At least UNCW has had some success in recent years and is a little more comparable than ECU. The fact that you would even insinuate that I had the ulterior motive of promoting Buzz is ridiculous, since after what he did at App, I did not want him AT ALL. You made a ridiculous argument, now you are backed into a corner and grasping at straws. You want to compare Lebo, fine start your own damn thread.

THIS THREAD WAS TO COMPARE TWO CANDIDATES THAT WERE SUPPOSEDLY BEING LOOKED AT FOR THE CHARLOTTE JOB, AT TWO SCHOOLS THAT HAVE HAD SUCCESS IN THE 2000s AND HAD A HARD PAST 4 OR 5 YEARS. THEY ARE BOTH IN-STATE, BASKETBALL-ONLY SCHOOLS. THEY BOTH HAVE FAN BASES THAT CARE ABOUT BASKETBALL AND WERE LOOKING FOR A RETURN TO WINNING.

IF YOU STILL CAN’T COMPREHEND THE COMPARISON, AND WHY THESE TWO SCHOOLS WERE CHOSEN SPECIFICALLY, I’M SORRY, BUT I CAN’T HELP YOU; YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID.

JESUS H CHRIST[/quote]

Jesus guy, need a tampon?

Could it have been that it was 475 miles roughly for Mason fans? Could it be that 5 of those 7 schools were playing football that weekend… Coastal Carolina, ECU, NC State, Wofford? Even Georgetown.

The plan was one bus for the students and one for the adults, using that term loosely. Both were being organized by 49erfanatics.com, which was something that has never been done before. Athletics has always set us the bus arrangements for the students’ bus. Combining it was a last ditch effort to save the trip for both factions, although I’m not sure the athletic department did much to promote the trip. I know Nick certainly has worked hard on it and worked diligently to get funding for the student bus when SGA refused NNG’s request for bus money which was budgeted for the trip as an organization.

The last I heard was that the “good” half of the bus would not be provided alcohol. Better check with the “tour director.”