The Niner - Seahawk / Major - Buzz Comparison

Could it have been that it was 475 miles roughly for Mason fans? Could it be that 5 of those 7 schools were playing football that weekendā€¦ Coastal Carolina, ECU, NC State, Wofford? Even Georgetown.

The plan was one bus for the students and one for the adults, using that term loosely. Both were being organized by 49erfanatics.com, which was something that has never been done before. Athletics has always set us the bus arrangements for the studentsā€™ bus. Combining it was a last ditch effort to save the trip for both factions, although Iā€™m not sure the athletic department did much to promote the trip. I know Nick certainly has worked hard on it and worked diligently to get funding for the student bus when SGA refused NNGā€™s request for bus money which was budgeted for the trip as an organization.

The last I heard was that the ā€œgoodā€ half of the bus would not be provided alcohol. Better check with the ā€œtour director.ā€[/quote]

First it was saying we didnā€™t have enough fans to even fill up the lower bowl for Radford when that wasnā€™t true, now youā€™re trying to say our fans donā€™t travel? ???

1. We had more fans travel to Clemson than they returned
  2. We were the second most traveled team in the Charleston Classic (football excuse is a cop-out, fans could have worked their schedule to make games and still go to the Classic games)
  3. We brought more fans to Davidson than they brought here
  4. We brought more fans to ASU than they brought back
  5. A bus-load of fans will still out-number the number of ECU fans that came here last year

What team has brought more fans to Charlotte than we took to their arena?

Youā€™re a good fan with lots of history, but Iā€™m not sure why youā€™ve been so negative lately.

1. Iā€™d disagree that Clemson didnā€™t bring as many fans to Halton. They were just scattered in the arena.
  2. ECU and NC State fans would have come a longer distance than Charlotte folks. And I also donā€™t think theyā€™d go to Charleston for 2 games and return for a football game, passing up Sundayā€™s game. You either followed football or basketball.
  3. Davidsonā€¦ who cares? For years, Charlotte has been their biggest (and only) draw.
  4. Appalachian, they donā€™t draw cricket for their own games. I can name 10 current students I know now attending there who donā€™t go to the games but theyā€™d never miss a football game.
    5.) ECUā€¦ itā€™s football or baseball. they could care less about any other sport.

As for negativity, Iā€™ve not gone negative yet. But Iā€™m not going to sugar coat it or be a rah-rah guy. eason, perhaps I see several issues being handled poorly that you donā€™t see.

I think UNCC should schedule Iowa Stateā€¦they would bring in a ton of fans and then there would finally be a ā€œcoachā€ in the building again that has a clue. HAHAHAHAHAā€¦FIRE JUDY ROSEā€¦and Dui"BOSO"ā€¦Howā€™s that change going??? :)) :)) ;D

[quote=ā€œninerdad101, post:43, topic:24394ā€]I think UNCC should schedule Iowa Stateā€¦they would bring in a ton of fans and then there would finally be a ā€œcoachā€ in the building again that has a clue. HAHAHAHAHAā€¦FIRE JUDY ROSEā€¦and Dui"BOSO"ā€¦Howā€™s that change going? ??? :)) :)) ;D[/quote]would that be the same coach that led us to greatness these past 5 years?

Obvious troll is obvious.

12/15/10

School Record RPI (SOS) Pomeroy Rating

UNCW - 4-4 56 (40) 232
Charlotte - 4-6 280 (273) 166

So we are leading in Pomeroy, which I find to be a better all around statistical analysis of the team versus RPI, but we are getting murdered in RPI, largely due to their high SOS rating.

Just for quick reference, the 4 losses for UNCW came at Florida, at Ohio State, at NC A&T, & at George Mason. The only BAD loss being to A&T, and a loss to a Mason team that is questionable, but still 8-2.

Fred Hoiberg?

[quote=ā€œNinercentral, post:47, topic:24394ā€]12/15/10

School Record RPI (SOS) Pomeroy Rating

UNCW - 4-4 56 (40) 232
Charlotte - 4-6 280 (273) 166

So we are leading in Pomeroy, which I find to be a better all around statistical analysis of the team versus RPI, but we are getting murdered in RPI, largely due to their high SOS rating.

Just for quick reference, the 4 losses for UNCW came at Florida, at Ohio State, at NC A&T, & at George Mason. The only BAD loss being to A&T, and a loss to a Mason team that is questionable, but still 8-2.[/quote]

So how many scholarship players do they have playing right now?

EE, the answer is 11 on scholarship, none out due to injury. 2 of their freshmen are averaging 22+ minutes. 4 players are seniors, 8 signed for next season.

UNCW will see the RPI fall once the CAA schedule gets into full swing. Remaining OOC games are with Radford (314), Illinois State (244), Campbell (214) and Toledo (259), winnable/competitive games. They are now predicted to finish of 15-14, 8-10 in the CAA. That would be a huge accomplishment, they were preseason picked12th (last) in the CAA. Personally, Iā€™m still not sold on the Seahawk stew.

Two games with: Virginia Commonwealth (68), George Mason (92, played one already), Hofstra (165), Northeastern (174), William & Mary (230), Georgia State (272), Towson (298)
SIngle games with: Old Dominion (15), Drexel (51), Delaware (75), James Madison (140)

[font=arial]School Record RPI (SOS) Pomeroy Rating[/font]

Charlotte - 9-8 180 (226) 162
[font=arial]UNCW - 9-8 128 (124) 186[/font]
[font=arial]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]

[font=arial]Other than SOS, this looks like a pretty damn good comparison as it is shaping up to be. Both teams are 9-8 a little over halfway through the season. I know the makeup of the A10 and the CAA is a little different, but really not that far apart.[/font]

[quote=ā€œNinercentral, post:51, topic:24394ā€][font=arial]School Record RPI (SOS) Pomeroy Rating[/font]

[font=arial]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]

[font=arial]Other than SOS, this looks like a pretty damn good comparison as it is shaping up to be. Both teams are 9-8 a little over halfway through the season. I know the makeup of the A10 and the CAA is a little different, but really not that far apart.[/font][/quote]

So did UNCW lose 4-5 guys at different points of the season also? Donā€™t really see the comparison.

[quote=ā€œEE9er, post:52, topic:24394ā€][quote=ā€œNinercentral, post:51, topic:24394ā€][font=arial]School Record RPI (SOS) Pomeroy Rating[/font]

[font=arial]Other than SOS, this looks like a pretty damn good comparison as it is shaping up to be. Both teams are 9-8 a little over halfway through the season. I know the makeup of the A10 and the CAA is a little different, but really not that far apart.[/font][/quote]

So did UNCW lose 4-5 guys at different points of the season also? Donā€™t really see the comparison.[/quote]

I also fail to see the comparison. I guess you could say we are similar to UNCW when we only have 7 scholarship players available, but that is stretching things.

i vote for playing UNC-Greensboro, that way we could play ALL our freshman and shoot even the cheerleaders could play and weā€™d be fine :stuck_out_tongue:

UNCG 1-15