Charlotte could crack AP Top 25 poll

[b]49ers in the AP Poll

How Charlotte has fared in the AP poll:

Season Pre* Peak Final
1976-77 19 17 17{+1}
1991-92 NR 17 NR{+2}
1997-98 18 17 NR
1998-99 NR 24 24 [/b]

Wow, funny how misinformation spreads. We were ranked briefly in Rodney’s year here. I believe up to 23rd.

[b][b]"We should have a great crowd," Charlotte coach Bobby Lutz said of the DePaul game. "I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't have a huge crowd."[/b][/b]

Enough said…

[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 07:13 AM [b]Wow, funny how misinformation spreads. We were ranked briefly in Rodney's year here. I believe up to 23rd.[/b]
From what I can tell, Charlotte was ranked for a week at #24 in December of 2000 before losing at Indiana, but that was in the coaches poll, not the AP poll. I can't find anything listing Charlotte as being ranked in the AP poll since the end of '98-'99.
[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 07:13 AM [b] Wow, funny how misinformation spreads. We were ranked briefly in Rodney's year here. I believe up to 23rd. [/b]
Never ranked in AP in 1999-2000. If there was misinformation (other than yours here) it is perpetuated by your media guide.
[b]Never ranked in AP in 1999-2000. If there was misinformation (other than yours here) it is perpetuated by your media guide.[/b]

God I hope not. Helliwell for three.
Mike, Rodney played in the 2000-2001 season.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger+Feb 14 2005, 10:48 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mike_Persinger @ Feb 14 2005, 10:48 AM)

I was at the first game where we were ranked that 99-00 season. We went up to ASU and App State and Patterson kicked our butts. :frowning:

[i]Originally posted by Savio[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 10:58 AM [b] I was at the first game where we were ranked that 99-00 season. We went up to ASU and App State and Patterson kicked our butts. :( [/b]
Wasn't Colson out that game, also? I seem to remember we lost 2 of our first 3 that year.

You guys are giving me a brain tumor. That was the 97-98 season.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 11:28 AM [b] You guys are giving me a brain tumor. That was the 97-98 season. [/b]
you're right...it was the 97-98 season b/c I wast a freshman then....

Sean Colson was on that team with DeMarco Johnson. They rushed the court on us. I think we were ranked 19th?

That was a fun game. A group of us went and we didn’t know where to sit so we actually sat with the ASU fans…ROFL!!! My buddy kept ripping stinkers!

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 11:28 AM [b] You guys are giving me a brain tumor. That was the 97-98 season. [/b]
My bad (I really did know that). I apparently didn't look at the year of the post.

Right or wrong, thanks for the article. Hopefully it puts butts in the seats on Wednesday.

Not ranked in new cbs sportsline poll

When does the ESPN poll come out??

[i]Originally posted by Savio[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 10:58 AM [b] I was at the first game where we were ranked that 99-00 season. We went up to ASU and App State and Patterson kicked our butts. :( [/b]
That was a godawful game. In OT, App called a TO they did not have giving us FTs that Butter promptly missed, costing us the game. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 12:05 PM [b] Not ranked in new cbs sportsline poll [/b]
The records are updated, but not the rankings for CBS Sportsline. It will be updated today though.

I think the AP Poll comes out first, around 3:00-4:00pm.

The ESPN Coaches Poll tends to come out a few hours later, like around 6:00-7:00pm.

AP is usually out in the 2 o’clock hour. ESPN poll around 6.

I’m sure Mike P will post it when he gets it, especially if we’re not ranked.

[b]Never ranked in AP in 1999-2000. If there was misinformation (other than yours here) it is perpetuated by your media guide. [/b]

My mistake, the coaches poll had us ranked in Rodney’s year.

That being said I would really like Penner to continue his Observer sports section mistake of the day series now that he is back in town :smiley: Just cause I know you’d love it, Mike P.

Please wish us luck for Wednesday night vs. DePaul. It worked last time.