The Observer Sucks - Pro Am Addition

[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/sports/story/728718.html[/URL]

Are you serious, “UNC Charlotte” players and not a mention of a single one.

Next see this picture, I think there are 3 Charlotte players in this picture, Wilderness Phil Jones and Barnett (who is a Charlotte native)

Yet, here is the blurb…
[SIZE=2][I]K.C. Rivers of Clemson roars down the court Wednesday during a summer pro-am league basketball game at the Grady Cole Center. The league – which features street players as well as professionals and college athletes – is so tough that on this night, Rivers’ team lost.[/I] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]HIS TEAM LOST TO A D1 TEAM. A D1 TEAM HIS OWN D1 TEAM LOST TO AT HOME THIS PAST SEASON.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Our local paper has no idea there is a school 15 min NE of downtown.[/SIZE]

May your stock keep tanking Observer! [URL]http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:MNI[/URL]

Hmmmmm, let me fathom a guess here.

1. The Niner players would not take time to talk with the reporter.

2. They left early on the day the reporter was there…therefore, they weren’t available.

3. The Charlotte Observer is a sub-standard product.

4. The reporter was in a hurry, getting ready for charlotteobserver.com, and was slack in writing his story.

[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/sports/story/728718.html[/URL]

Are you serious, “UNC Charlotte” players and not a mention of a single one.

Next see this picture, I think there are 3 Charlotte players in this picture, Wilderness Phil Jones and Barnett (who is a Charlotte native)

Yet, here is the blurb…
[SIZE=2]K.C. Rivers of Clemson roars down the court Wednesday during a summer pro-am league basketball game at the Grady Cole Center. The league – which features street players as well as professionals and college athletes – is so tough that on this night, Rivers’ team lost. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]HIS TEAM LOST TO A D1 TEAM. A D1 TEAM HIS OWN D1 TEAM LOST TO AT HOME THIS PAST SEASON.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Our local paper has no idea there is a school 15 min NE of downtown.[/SIZE]

May your stock keep tanking Observer! http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:MNI

Barnett isn’t in this picture.

Not to nit pick, but I think you still have 8 minutes to change Addition to Edition.

Btw, that’s Wilderness, Phil, and Coleman in the pic. Barnett isn’t on that team.

Not to nit pick, but I think you still have 8 minutes to change Addition to Edition.

Btw, that’s Wilderness, Phil, and Coleman in the pic. Barnett isn’t on that team.

crap, mods?

wow, haven’t seen coleman, but that pic resembled barnett in the limited times i’ve seen him, either way, 3 niners, 0 mention.

that…is…

RIDICULOUS.

pretty pathetic.

Doesn’t Utter attend these games regularly?? You would think that he would be writing this article or at least contributing.

The most amazing part is that people around here are still amazed when something like this happens…

Shame on you guys for bashing the disturber ! Our very own “local” bird cage lining.:tongue:

I’m sure jfickett can tell you all why you’re wrong and the why Observer is right.

[QUOTE=gk49;331406]I’m sure jfickett can tell you all why you’re wrong and the why Observer is right.[/QUOTE]

sweet! we’re going to make fun of people now!!!

[QUOTE=gk49;331406]I’m sure jfickett can tell you all why you’re wrong and the why Observer is right.[/QUOTE] My apologies gk49 ! It’s too dang hot for another 5 pages of “harlequin” novel.:tongue:

From $75 to $4.25… man, that is ROUGH! I’d consider buying if I thought they were viable, but with idiotic decisions like this, and the constant slaps in the face to the home team it’s pretty clear the management has no desire to right the ship.

They seem to be way off course and heading for an iceberg. I think I’ll stay away from this stock. I would do the same if it was a part of my 401k as well… Jesus, what is Persinger going to retire on, peanuts?

From $75 to $4.25... man, that is ROUGH! I'd consider buying if I thought they were viable, but with idiotic decisions like this, and the constant slaps in the face to the home team it's pretty clear the management has no desire to right the ship.

They seem to be way off course and heading for an iceberg. I think I’ll stay away from this stock. I would do the same if it was a part of my 401k as well… Jesus, what is Persinger going to retire on, peanuts?

[semihijack]fwiw, i work for them and could even get in for less using an employee stock purchase plan, and won’t. maybe if it gets down to $2… shrug [/semihijack]

seriously though… that picture and all the players and not a single player mentioned? thats pretty crappy. anyone know the day/page/section? i’ll try and talk to the sports guy next time he’s in raleigh (our sports departments semi-merged).

[QUOTE=Chisox17;331393]
Btw, that’s Wilderness, Phil, and Coleman in the pic. Barnett isn’t on that team.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that’s last Wed night when we were there. Chi, remember the photographer we were wondering who he was with. Guy seemed lost.

Btw, Niners/Shamari Spears owned them.

paging Jfick to come swooping in to defend this nonsense.

Get used to this sub 25 crowd, you’ll be real nice and jaded by age 30 after you read a few dozen more stories like this.

who TF is Dan Tierney, an intern?

So, what PERCEPTION does this give the average basketball fan living in Charlotte of us?

This has always been my complaint. Yes, we get coverage, but the overall perception of us generated by the Observer has always been less than it should be… MUCH LESS.

[QUOTE=CMack124;331402]The most amazing part is that people around here are still amazed when something like this happens…[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have a point.

2 things that you can count on at NNN…

1. surprise when the Niners are ignored by the Observer.
  2. “over the top” praise when the Observer prints a story that references the Niners

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;331421]So, what PERCEPTION does this give the average basketball fan living in Charlotte of us?

[/QUOTE]

they live in ACC Country?