The Observer Sucks - Pro Am Addition

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;331425]Yeah, you have a point.

2 things that you can count on at NNNā€¦

1. surprise when the Niners are ignored by the Observer.
  2. ā€œover the topā€ praise when the Observer prints a story that references the Niners[/QUOTE]

I could guarantee you the ā€œover the topā€ praise will not coming from me. ā€œFree Throwsā€ are expected. Besides, itā€™s a ā€œhomeā€ game.

n/m

Does anyone really care anymore?

paging Jfelt to come swooping in to defend this nonsense.

Get used to this sub 25 crowd, youā€™ll be real nice and jaded by age 30 after you read a few dozen more stories like this.

I think youā€™ve got me mixed up with J Fickett. Iā€™m a self-proclaimed Observer Basher.

Does anyone really care anymore?

It also would help if we got our act together enough to be a serious threat again. We havenā€™t scared anybody since the Plavich days.

I think you've got me mixed up with J Fickett. I'm a self-proclaimed Observer Basher.
MY BAD, I'll go edit it sorry

[QUOTE=metro;331453]It also would help if we got our act together enough to be a serious threat again. We havenā€™t scared anybody since the Plavich days.[/QUOTE]

Yep, we start beating people and start making noise, coverage is going to happen. But geez, 3 hometown niners and no blurbā€¦and the fact that WE DID beat Clemson who WAS represented in the picture, thatā€™s just sad. But yeah, we win a lot, we get covered a lot. I think weā€™ve got a couple years to go.

[QUOTE=hootie;331447]Does anyone really care anymore?[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s cooler to be aloof, but Iā€™ll admit it - I care.

Iā€™m not going to yell and scream about it, but I am regularly disgusted by it.

What can we do? Weā€™re kidding if we think winning a national championship would change anything. The same people would still have the same allegiances.

It's cooler to be aloof, but I'll admit it - I care.

Iā€™m not going to yell and scream about it, but I am regularly disgusted by it.

What can we do? Weā€™re kidding if we think winning a national championship would change anything. The same people would still have the same allegiances.

Exactlyā€¦what gets me is everybody coming on here posting about how ā€œif we winā€¦ā€ā€¦bull crap! Weā€™ve won PLENTY and the coverage rarely changes. Oh, it might APPEAR better for a short-time, but then its back to the same olā€™ crap, like this picture/caption represent!..and I never thought it possible to say this, but since the Raleigh/Charlotte staff ā€œmergerā€ the ACC coverage/lack of Niner coverage has gotten MUCH worse (need evidenceā€¦ has anyone seen MIke P. around this board lately?)

:unhappy:

since the Raleigh/Charlotte staff "merger" the ACC coverage/lack of Niner coverage has gotten MUCH worse (need evidence.... has anyone seen MIke P. around this board lately?)

:unhappy:

AMEN
I wonder if the triad is getting Charlotte 49er and Davidson stories the way we are getting inundated with Triad - ACC stories.

[QUOTE=metro;331512]AMEN
I wonder if the [B]triangle[/B] is getting Charlotte 49er and Davidson stories the way we are getting inundated with [B]Triangle[/B] - ACC stories.[/QUOTE]
fixed

Yep, that's last Wed night when we were there. Chi, remember the photographer we were wondering who he was with. Guy seemed lost.

Btw, Niners/Shamari Spears owned them.

Exactly what I was thinking. Very discouraging. Spears was the stud in that game, if not the whole league that night. He was the MVP of the game and got the postgame interview with the MC. Spears had somewhere around 35 points. Rivers something like 10.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;331463]Itā€™s cooler to be aloof, but Iā€™ll admit it - I care.

What can we do? Weā€™re kidding if we think winning a national championship would change anything. The same people would still have the same allegiances.[/QUOTE]

Let me clarify. I care a lot about how we do, just donā€™t give a sh@t about the O. It doesnā€™t do any good to care about those idiots or morons like Fat Pac.

sweet! we're going to make fun of people now!!!!

Congrats for the only thing worth commenting on this month, Ben. That was pretty good.

Congrats for the only thing worth commenting on this month, Ben. That was pretty good.
is this worth commenting on?

Ah, kevin, you always did know me well. Yes, indeed.

[QUOTE=metro;331512]AMEN
I wonder if the triangle is getting Charlotte 49er and Davidson stories the way we are getting inundated with Triangle - ACC stories.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing, although we all know the answer. The N&O covers ECU better than the Observer PAPER VERSION covers Charlotte. Now, if we start getting ECU crapā€¦ :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Charlotte exports are Bobcats and Panthers. Triangle has ACC and Hurricanes. Iā€™m pretty sure that will be about the only thing shared in sports.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;331559]is this worth commenting on?

[/QUOTE]

ā€œHOLLER!ā€

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;331392]Barnett isnā€™t in this picture.[/QUOTE]

who do you think is behind kaci rivers then? because i cant really tell.

who do you think is behind kaci rivers then? because i cant really tell.

I didnā€™t pay attention before, there are actually 4 niners in the photo. Thatā€™s Coley behind Rivers.