The official movies I did not see in a theater thread

So I’m going to use this thread to talk about movies i’ve seen recently while sitting at home (netflix, redbox, whatever). You guys should do the same.

The Way Way Back - a pretty good coming of age movie with Steve Carrel and CJ Cregg. I’m a sucker for these types of movies though. And its always weird seeing Steve Carrel being a dick.

Pitch Perfect- I was unaware of Anna Kendrick before this movie. Now i’m aware so I am very glad my wife chose this movie.

Most of them.

I rented kick ass 2 and fast and furious 6 the other weekend. It was a brain night off, let’s watch people get beat up and stuff explode night.

Kick ass 2 was ok, the first was much better. There were some lame parts here and there but it was overall enjoyable enough for a $1.20.

Fast 6 was pretty standard for that series. Over the top plot, nice cars, hot women, and ass beatings. Good for all those things.

clt can endorse Anna Kendrick.

I had a retro night, Over the Top. Great 80s flick.

Most recently I watch It’s a Disaster & and Movie 43.

It’s a Disaster was about about bunch of late-20s/early-30s yuppies at Sunday brunch while a dirty bomb goes off miles away, good acting by David Cross & America Ferrera

Movie 43 is our generation’s Kentucky Fried Movie, a bunch of shorts presented under the premise of a madman pitching stories to a movie producer at gunpoint. Some really disgusting and funny stuff.

I would recommend both.

Side Effects(2013) - Starred Rooney Mara, Jude Law. Better than I was expecting.

I watched this one recently too. Its streaming on netflix. Its a steven soderbergh film so i thought it may be worth checking out. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought Rooney Mara looked terrible in it though.

The Internship- buddy film with Owen Wilson and Vince Vaugn about being interns at Google. Lots of Vince Vaughn talking fast and Owen Wilson talking slow. Not worth the time

[quote=“casstommy, post:1, topic:28564”]So I’m going to use this thread to talk about movies i’ve seen recently while sitting at home (netflix, redbox, whatever). You guys should do the same.

The Way Way Back - a pretty good coming of age movie with Steve Carrel and CJ Cregg. I’m a sucker for these types of movies though. And its always weird seeing Steve Carrel being a dick.

Pitch Perfect- I was unaware of Anna Kendrick before this movie. Now i’m aware so I am very glad my wife chose this movie.[/quote]

Pitch Perfect is one my favorite movies that I have seen in the last few year that was totaly unexpected. I had serveral people recommend it and I watched and then my kids made me buy it.

Check out Kings of Summer, a good little coming of age film I think you will like.

Pitch Perfect is “Drumline” for white people.

It is also getting a sequel.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:10, topic:28564”]Pitch Perfect is “Drumline” for white people.

It is also getting a sequel.[/quote]

Is anna kendrick in drumline?

[quote=“casstommy, post:11, topic:28564”][quote=“Powerbait, post:10, topic:28564”]Pitch Perfect is “Drumline” for white people.

It is also getting a sequel.[/quote]

Is anna kendrick in drumline?[/quote]

zoe saldana is.

White House Down- Channing Tatum does a whole host of entirely unbelievable shit in an attempt to save his daughter and Jamie Foxx (who portrays president Malcolm X) from a bunch of bad men. It wasnt terrible.

It was basically Die Hard in the white house.

2 guns

I agree. Totally not a christmas movie

I agree. Totally not a christmas movie[/quote]

Of course not, because it isn’t set during Christmas. Duh!

13 Assassins. It’s in Japanese, so you’ll have to read and watch.

Last 40 minutes is basically just a slaughter-fest. Thoroughly entertaining.

I watched The Wolverine last night. The one where he goes to Japan. WTF did this movie get made? What a completely mindless and unnecessary plot. Does anyone really care about any of these people in the movie? Some dude he saved in Nagasaki? These Wolverine movies have been bad.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - Wes Anderson makes another beautiful movie, even if the story was a little weak(for my liking that is). This is one that might have been better in the theaters, on a big screen, because of the settings.