The Plane - Fire Judy Rose! Help wanted new AD needed! Home Coming 2017

Iā€™m assuming since I stood up for the Fire Judy guys, he thought I wanted us to lose. If that was his line of thinking, I feel bad for him.

That guy was an idiot.

That being said, we have to be very careful if weā€™re going to continue to campaign against her. We have to make it abundantly clear that our issues with Mrs. Rose lie in the results both on the field and in the coffers. Those that are inclined to keep the status quo will jump at any chance to bring feminism into this. Weā€™re coming to the point that we need to make sure we have a unified message to avoid having our reasons misconstrued or misrepresented.[/quote]

Agree with this. She has much more reach than we do and can change the narrative in her favor.[/quote]

Iā€™m not going to let the PC Police deter me from doing anything. The mediocrity of the athletic department speaks for itself. Iā€™m sure some will disagree with me and thatā€™s too badā€¦

[font=verdana][size=1.35em]Hereā€™s what I would like to see: [/size][/font]

1. A genuine effort to increase the fan base and 49er club. Reach out to our alumni - our university is so bad at this in general. There are so many alumni out there that have had no contact from the university in decades. Iā€™m not one of them, but there are so many.

2. A genuine effort to increase interest from the students. Build fans for tomorrow starting with the students you have today. We had some sort of program about 10 years ago, and we used to have great student support. They were organized too. What happened? Why did it stop?

3. A better effort marketing the revenue sports. Prioritize the money makers first, and let them elevate the non-revenue sports. Our priorities should be something like this:
    Football / Menā€™s basketball
    Baseball / Menā€™s soccer / Womenā€™s basketball

[font=verdana][size=1em]Anything else while weā€™re at it?[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]Hereā€™s what I would like to see: [/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=78%] [/size][/font]

1. A genuine effort to increase the fan base and 49er club. Reach out to our alumnae - our university is so bad at this in general. There are so many alumnae out there that have had no contact from the university in decades. Iā€™m not one of them, but there are so many.

2. A genuine effort to increase interest from the students. Build fans for tomorrow starting with the students you have today. We had some sort of program about 10 years ago, and we used to have great student support. They were organized too. What happened? Why did it stop?

3. A better effort marketing the revenue sports. Prioritize the money makers first, and let them elevate the non-revenue sports. Our priorities should be something like this:
    Football / Menā€™s basketball
    Baseball / Menā€™s soccer / Womenā€™s basketball

[font=Verdana][/size][size=2]Anything else while weā€™re at it?[/size][size=78%][/font][/quote]

Alumnae is the plural for our female alumni. (Alumni is predominately used for male ā€œalumsā€, but can be used generically for both genders.) So Austin, if you are a woman my apologies, your post is spot on. If you are not, then I am just being nit-picky because this is one of about three areas where my high school Latin has any value.

I should be ashamed, having taken 2 years of Latin at Charlotte Latin, but alas, that was a very long time ago (the early 80s). Corrections made.

There was a 4th point I wanted to add, but itā€™s stuck in the cobwebs of my mind at the moment.

EDIT: oh yeah, #4: more accountability for success in revenue sports.

4 years ago TODAY

3 Likes

Wow, this was actually a very refreshing read. Itā€™s pretty encouraging to me to have seen how passionate everyone was (and still are) about the university and athletics department, while holding respectful dialogue. Glad I took the time to read it.

Since Iā€™ve been out of things for a while, how are folx feeling now under the current leadership, administration, coaches, etc.?

We are good

We are better in almost every aspect of our Athletic Department. The only thing that remains similar is our menā€™s basketball results.

3 Likes

Reading through this and man, it is amazing how much things have changed. Huge thank you to mike, Chris and everybody that works so hard in that AD.

5 Likes

Perhaps it is time to rename this thread to something more positive. Whether you liked her results or not, you have to appreciate her passion and ongoing support of our program.

Mike Hill has recognized the fact that Judy left the AD in strong financial health with great facilities; a building block to build from. I firmly believe upper administration held her back.

Judy still attends our games frequently. She continues to be ā€œone of us.ā€ I have little doubt she is still active in helping us grow to our potential.

Thank you Judy for your historical achievements and ongoing support of our program!

2 Likes

Totally agree. She is one of the largest foundational blocks of our athletic program and she is a Niner through and through. Without Judy our program would be nowhere near where we are today.
You may arm chair and disagree with some decisions she has made, but using my favorite quote, ā€œdonā€™t judge me on the decisions I have made when you donā€™t truly understand the choices I had at the timeā€.

Glad sheā€™s gone. The only thing she really did imo that has paid dividends is her conservative nature with funding and a war chest.

Past that we can just let it go. Sheā€™s gone, we are better now than we were in every facet. I disliked her more than most but itā€™s time to just move on

2 Likes

If you are primarily interested in the future success of our program, and I am certain you are, then yes ā€œlet it go.ā€ Let the past go. I feel confident she made what she felt were the best choices available at the time. None of us can change the past but we can impact the future.

Judy continues to support our program and can be one of our greatest assets as we move forward. Glad she continues to be a supporting member of our team.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t agree with Judy all the time about decisions and nondecisions, but this thread has outlived its purpose and needs to be locked. Disagree?!? Check into rehab.