The same debate again

Nor have any of our other assistant coach hires.

Jeff is the one that enabled Halton - it did open under Judy. Jeff negotiated our Metro and CUSA membership as well.

I’ll give Judy credit for some things - mostly knowing changing our name was important. Once she didn’t have a choice she stopped trying to stop football. There are things, but all of our men’s basketball success can be traced back to Jeff. The first step she made without his finger prints was Alan Major.

Sanchez is not even mediocre

1 Like

standing ovation applause GIF

1 Like

I agree with most of what Niner central says. I don’t understand hiring a coach that has not been a proven HC. I think that was Hill’s first mistake. I think Hill’s extension of Sanchez put him in this predicament. After the extension and some time passing, then comes the firing of Healey. Now he cannot fire Sanchez until next year. I think it will come next year. But, if what some think is true, that Hill is satisfied with Sanchez then I don t know what to say. Sanchez is not going to be able to turn the program around. I don’t think this was the year to fire him bc he had just fired Healey. But next year has got to be the year unless things turn dramatically. I am and have been with the group stating that Sanchez is not the guy we need. But I believe there is a good time and bad time. This year was not the time.

2 Likes

Comments request to Ted Sanchez and Dlb

Neither are some of the haters on here.

1 Like

Again, you only really have haters if youre successful, ron isn’t.

Who is on your list Ted Sanchez? Let’s see your full list

This was pretty much the sentiment of most people on the board at the time. Many folks wanted a proven HC with a dynamic offense. We got the opposite and it hasn’t worked out to date. I highly doubt it improves next season, and I think Sanchez is gone.

You guys notice Ted ignored my question on any specific metric he would like to apply to Sanchez next year.

Just like he ignored direct questions the day Brice and Aly transferred.

He will have fresh excuses for Sanchez next year.

Ted won’t lay down any metric by which Ron should be judged.

Sounds just like our athletic director who was very clear at Ron’s hiring about not setting a time line or specific metrics for success.

You make my head hurt.

NWA has a thing for Mullins. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do. Imagine how different things could be if Jeff decides to stay on as AD not HC, turns the reigns over to Melvin. Judy never rises up to AD. Jeff starts football when we should have, never get kicked out of CUSA 1.0…

All thanks to Jim Valvano and the crap that went on at State.

2 Likes

That is 100% accurate on the NCSU mess.

season 2 beating GIF

Man don’t y’all get tired of beating the same horse over and over, then creating another thread to beat it some more, then take over another unrelated thread to again beat the same horse???

Seriously. Y’all might need to see someone.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::wink:

clt asks how did ncsu impact us?

UVilleNiner asks if ghostofCLT is serious?