The Search for a New Men's Basketball Coach has begun

Agreed hence my Fearne suggestion.

3 Likes

We are the only open D1 coaching spot right? Maybe it’s perfect timing :rofl:

Think he is available…

2 Likes

Maybe I am wrong here, but I think he is leaving because he did not believe he could be successful here.

This will be interesting to say the least. Not sure where we go from here.

I wonder what the real story of him leaving is….

1 Like

We can probably pull his assistant!! As long as he’s clean.

1 Like

Melvin Watkins

The official statement says that a national search for a new head coach is underway, but the timing and the fact that Sanchez already had another job lined up back at Virginia is weird, did Sanchez finally wake up and see the writing on the wall, and realize that he was not cut out for a head coaching position, did he look at his roaster for the up coming season and realize that he was heading for another sub .500 in conference record or did Mike Hill have a potential coaching replacement in the works that was uncommitted until now, or obligated else where until now?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say you can’t still find a good coach at this point. Really could just depend on who they are looking at and who is willing to make a move at this late a point.

The interim is interesting (but doubtful) and I would have said five years ago no way, but with the portal you make a good hire at the end of the season and you can immediately change things.

So someone gonna put together a list of available coaches? Cause I am drawing blanks.

WAs about to look through the coaching carousel thread.

Here’s a list:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1666131554039476224

Oh the Bart Lundy fanboying has the potential to get Lutzian, very quickly.

We need the Lutz gif replaced by Lundy, Lundy Lundy!

(I’m indifferent to him, just commenting on the potential)

Hopefully Hill has not been sitting on his hands and has someone in mind since the fan base has been uncomfortable with Sanchez for some time.

I initially thought of Lundy but Morrell and Siddell are definitely intriguing.

I hear Mike Krzyzewski is available.

1 Like

Something not right here. The Ron Samchez BB camp starts in 2 weeks. Didnt Fearne have a cryptic tweet a couple of days ago??

1 Like

Gotta admit, I forgot Lundy coached at HP, and that he had 2 coaching stints at Queens.

Milwaukee finished 2022-23 at 22-12, with an 11 pt loss to Sanchez in the CBI.

Fearne going to be interim HC to run the camps at least?

3 Likes

Here are some other possibilities:

Hal Wissel
Alan Major
Mark Price