The Search for a New Men's Basketball Coach has begun

I’d like someone who has HC’d and won a game in the NCAA Torney in the last 3 years. Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Sanchez has fucked his staff!!!

Unless Fearne comes in as interim and kerps staff this looks really shitty and a deterrent to new Coaches.

3 Likes

Is the transfer portal closed at this point?

I suspect our nation-wide search will go deep into next March and Fearne indeed is it for 23-24.

I feel for Dinkins. I hope whoever comes in retains him.

3 Likes

I’d agree with this if it was Hill’s doing. If this move is on Sanchez I don’t see how the program gets the blame.

1 Like

Would not mind at all if they just keep the current staff, Fearne as an interim and see how things go next year.

And yeah he may have screwed his staff. Unless they are all kept.

This has to be a Sanchez decision right?

Run will clear it up, but if the transfer portal is closed and the team can’t leave, the timing suddenly makes more sense.

Also, if that is the case, I’d feel strongly that we are either keeping Fearne and the staff, OR we already have a frontrunner candidate already lined up and a near lock.

1 Like

Maybe one of these guys can fit with that criteria? They are both available.

Head coach and associate head coach right there

2 Likes

I wonder if the new players are pissed? I wonder if they can go back into the portal? Anyone know?

2 Likes

Only thing that makes sense to me.
Sanchez wanted an extension because of ability to recruit. Hill says no. Sanchez says okay gotta go and bails back to UVA where he belongs. Crazy thing is (if true) Hill fell on his sword for Sanchez and Sanchez bails after the first no from Hill to what he wanted.

2 Likes

Ted???

Where are you buddy?!?

Where Are You Cordell Walker GIF by Sony Pictures Television

I wonder if Aly is? He couldn’t get NIL as a foreign player. Also, wonder about Brice.

I guess we will never know.

I want a coach that makes me think twice about buying just GA tickets for next season.

1 Like

Really wish Brice hadn’t left now. We might actually get a coach that runs a system he could thrive in.

It’s more personal with him. Legacy player. Really bothered me that he left. Felt like a total failure for the program.

3 Likes

comedy central GIF by Drunk History

2 Likes

Please for the sake of all concerned , GIVE IT UP!

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoachesPodcast/status/1666124714601852928

I’ve only heard of lundie and Kimble…and I’ve only heard of those two because of their stints in Charlotte.

Not too impressive of a list

1 Like