The Success of the White-Out

[SIZE=2]

SO yah or nah on the white out, I love the idea but it seems like yall tried to get in the game too late. I have seen the posters on campus though and I lot of my friends have been talking about it, so I wonder how effective it will look tonight.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]

yeah, i never said they weren’t going to endorse it. I said that it was a great idea just a little to late to in the game to promote it and get the “ideal” results. Chevee is right. i dont think picking up this kind of project would merritt the results Monday before the game. whether or not the AD does anything with this is up to some of the higher ups.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]

Granted, the white would really stand out…but only if 90% in attendance wore white. I don’t see that happening this Wed against Xavier…I don’t think 50% of people wearing white will look that intimadating.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]

Bad news guys. I talked to Jason today, apparently the athletic dept has decided not to support or endorse this, citing that they “don’t have the budget”. I guess they get charged per e-mail or something…
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]This just means it’s all on us… we can still do this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]

If the school is planning something, they probably will not announce it until Sunday or Monday. Announcing it now makes sense from a “get the word out early” viewpoint, but you are sort of looking past SBU if you come out with it now. That’s kind of a no-no. Some may say it’s okay since the SBU game is a road game, but…
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]

Woah, woah, now… Chill out. If the AD does something, they want to do it right. You have to understand that if they do what you want them to do and just send out emails and post posters, then when people have complaints they will come back to the AD. So, I’m sure they are saying that they would rather do something right or not at all. They didn’t say it was a bad idea from what I read, they just said that they can’t support it.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]

if the AD supports and people dont do it they look like they arent doing their job. we should have hit this idea up with them 2 weeks ago at least.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]This just proves to me the incredible things a small group of people with big ideas can do. Even on NNN there was a pessimism towards the success of this effort. And look what happened. A small group of individuals took the intiative and pulled this off with their budget of $0, and were more successful than the Athletic Department has even been in any similar promotion. Everyone involved deserves to be recognized and receive a round of applause for their hard work.[/SIZE]

good job gotlutz, i think it was a very good showing especially given the time frame and the fact that it was a grassroots campaign

[SIZE=2]This just proves to me the incredible things a small group of people with big ideas can do. Even on NNN there was a pessimism towards the success of this effort. And look what happened. The small groups of people who pulled this off with their budget of $0 were more successful than the Athletic Department has even been. Everyone involved deserves a round of applause for their hard work.[/SIZE]

Great job guys. I was shocked when I entered Halton and saw a sea of white. NNN flexes its muscle again.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;295225]

Woah, woah, now… Chill out. If the AD does something, they want to do it right. You have to understand that if they do what you want them to do and just send out emails and post posters, then when people have complaints they will come back to the AD. So, I’m sure they are saying that they would rather do something right or not at all. They didn’t say it was a bad idea from what I read, they just said that they can’t support it.

[SIZE=2]This just proves to me the incredible things a small group of people with big ideas can do. Even on NNN there was a pessimism towards the success of this effort. And look what happened. A small group of individuals took the intiative and pulled this off with their budget of $0, and were more successful than the Athletic Department has even been in any similar promotion. Everyone involved deserves to be recognized and receive a round of applause for their hard work.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Woah, woah, woah! I was not pessimistic! I said that if the AD wanted to do it, they wanted to be all in and involved since they are a business. I wore white and even bought shirts that were distributed to students in 104 and 105 that didn’t wear white. :hammer:

That said, I was very impressed with the turn out. I have pictures and a video that I will post this evening.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Woah, woah, woah! I was not pessimistic! I said that if the AD wanted to do it, they wanted to be all in and involved since they are a business. I wore white and even bought shirts that were distributed to students in 104 and 105 that didn't wear white. :hammer:

That said, I was very impressed with the turn out. I have pictures and a video that I will post this evening.

Chevee, you are correct. I paused when I included your quote. You are not in the pessimistic bunch. I included your quote as a criticism of the AD, who initially said no because it was too late. It’s never too late, and with the help of folks who bought tshirts like yourself, this effort was successful. So no worries, I love you. :smile:

The sections looked awesome! Well done!

I brought my boys to the game and they were in white T’s also. They both thought it was so “cool” and felt included in the fun. Thanks to all of you for that! As my 11 year old said “we should do this every game … it looks great!”"

I think it worked pretty well. The whole lower bowl (at least in the student areas) were in white. I saw a friend in between my classes and lab last night, I asked if he was going to the game. He said he did not know there was a game last night, but he would go. Then I told him to wear a white shirt. I had to go to my Astronomy lab then at 6:30. I was not able to get to the game until halftime. It looked amazing. Except in the upper arena where there were dumb pricks wearing tight polo shirts.

I think it worked pretty well. The whole lower bowl (at least in the student areas) were in white. I saw a friend in between my classes and lab last night, I asked if he was going to the game. He said he did not know there was a game last night, but he would go. Then I told him to wear a white shirt. I had to go to my Astronomy lab then at 6:30. I was not able to get to the game until halftime. It looked amazing. Except in the upper arena where there were dumb pricks wearing tight polo shirts.

To be totally honest, I don’t mind them wearing whatever in the upper sections. I would rather see them in Charlotte getup, but I"m not going to make a big deal of it as long as it isn’t another school’s gear. As long as they stay out of the lower level, let them go and enjoy the game.

I do, however, have a problem with students bringing their parents to the game to sit in the lower student section. Look, your parents don’t want to stand the whole game. There was a set of parents in 105, and as far as I know, they stood the entire time. Kudos to them, and kudos to them for wearing white shirts when they were given to them. However, in most cases all we hear from parents in the student section is “It’s too loud here” or “they won’t sit down, I can’t see” or something like that. If you’re going to sit in the lower level, I think you should have to bring a loud voice. If you’re not going to yell and be loud, let somebody sit down there that will.

To be totally honest, I don't mind them wearing whatever in the upper sections. I would rather see them in Charlotte getup, but I"m not going to make a big deal of it as long as it isn't another school's gear. As long as they stay out of the lower level, let them go and enjoy the game.

I do, however, have a problem with students bringing their parents to the game to sit in the lower student section. Look, your parents don’t want to stand the whole game. There was a set of parents in 105, and as far as I know, they stood the entire time. Kudos to them, and kudos to them for wearing white shirts when they were given to them. However, in most cases all we hear from parents in the student section is “It’s too loud here” or “they won’t sit down, I can’t see” or something like that. If you’re going to sit in the lower level, I think you should have to bring a loud voice. If you’re not going to yell and be loud, let somebody sit down there that will.

Well, as for bringing parents into the student section. I did it 1 time, (cant recall which game right off though), but both of them have bad knees and a bad back but they were getting as loud as anyone else around us and on their feet the entire time. I can agree that most parents that i’ve seenat our games don’t do that though

Well, as for bringing parents into the student section. I did it 1 time, (cant recall which game right off though), but both of them have bad knees and a bad back but they were getting as loud as anyone else around us and on their feet the entire time. I can agree that most parents that i've seenat our games don't do that though

now thats cool… as long as they’re going to act like students at a basketball game, bring them on in.

now thats cool... as long as they're going to act like students at a basketball game, bring them on in.

One thing that night that annoyed me with my own family was (this was their first game…ever) both my mom and dad were trying to sneak my niner pride reward shirt away and keep it for themself. (They failed though)

white looked so much more intemidating to x then a green out would have been…the white out stands out so much more and so much easier to do…bring it back next year!!!

I loved the white-out. My wife and I were in 220 wearing our white and cheering as loud as we could! It looked great from our side and I was very impressed that this was done from the grass roots level without any Athletics help. Good Job!

I have a question about the section in the corner next to where the band sits on the student side. That is the only section on the student side with students in it that don’t stand up? The whole section was in white, but they were just kind of sitting there. Is that where we put all of the hung over students?

I have a question about the section in the corner next to where the band sits on the student side. That is the only section on the student side with students in it that don't stand up? The whole section was in white, but they were just kind of sitting there. Is that where we put all of the hung over students?

the section next to the frats and band is athletes…the baseball team down in the front rows sit because they dont want to stand but the softball, tennis, golf and I believe track of some sort maybe cross country…stood last night and cheered…if thats the one section yur talking about the top half stood while bottom sat…and ps they arent hung over

the section next to the frats and band is athletes...the baseball team down in the front rows sit because they dont want to stand but the softball, tennis, golf and I believe track of some sort maybe cross country....stood last night and cheered....if thats the one section yur talking about the top half stood while bottom sat....and ps they arent hung over

Yeah, that was the section, but why do they not want to stand? Are they tired from practicing, or just don’t want to? Thanks for clearing that up, they looked hung over; maybe from practice.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;295225]
[SIZE=2]This just proves to me the incredible things a small group of people with big ideas can do. Even on NNN there was a pessimism towards the success of this effort. And look what happened. A small group of individuals took the intiative and pulled this off with their budget of $0, and were more successful than the Athletic Department has even been in any similar promotion. Everyone involved deserves to be recognized and receive a round of applause for their hard work.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

And where does my quote elude to pessimism about being able to make it happen?

the “sea of white” is now my background.

I thought the white out was fantastic. It looked great from 223.