The Success of the White-Out

I watched the game on the net and it looked really good. I could only see section 104, 105, & 106 (I think). Did the alumni participate?

anyone have pics?

anyone have pics?

A few alums wore white, but it was mainly those on this board. Itā€™s much harder to contact alumni than students.

Iā€™m not going to lieā€¦ the more I look at the pictures and the more I hear everybody talk about it, the more I want to make this a permanent thingā€¦

ā€¦ it will be interesting to see the next gameā€¦ I have a feeling a lot of people are going to wear white because of this game.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;295408]A few alums wore white, but it was mainly those on this board. Itā€™s much harder to contact alumni than students.

Iā€™m not going to lieā€¦ the more I look at the pictures and the more I hear everybody talk about it, the more I want to make this a permanent thingā€¦

ā€¦ it will be interesting to see the next gameā€¦ I have a feeling a lot of people are going to wear white because of this game.[/QUOTE]

I was so impressed with the student section last night. It was quite a sight to see. It almost bring tears to my eyes. Then I realized only a tar hole would be allowed to express such emotion.:shades:
Since coming straight from work and wanted to be part of the Niner Nation, wearing white was not a problem. It was great to see you guys could organize such powerful statement in such a short time. Kudos to Niner Nation !

:49ers: :49ers: :49ers: :49ers:

View from 226ā€¦

Pre-Game Warm-Ups

Game Intro Video

*For some reason, on my camera, when I turn the flash off it is very suceptible to movementā€¦apologeis

Full Res available if you PM me.

View from 226...

Pre-Game Warm-Ups

Game Intro Video

*For some reason, on my camera, when I turn the flash off it is very suceptible to movementā€¦apologeis

Full Res available if you PM me.

Cool, I am in those pictures.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;295548]Cool, I am in those pictures.[/QUOTE]

Thereā€™s actually a lot of people in those pictures, but yes. I see you down next the the score keeper.

Yeah, generally when the flash is off, the shutter is open longer, so you need to steady the camera

Cool, I am in those pictures.

Cool. I am too.

The students were unbelievable. From Frats and sororities wearing multi-colored letter shirts only a couple of years ago to a complete Niner Nation student white-out. Incredible job!!! :49ers: :49ers:

The students and Ath dept working together and the changes that have been made HAVE REALLY PAID OFF. Great job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]NinerLove[/B] [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?p=293522#post293522][/URL]
[I][B]Granted, the white would really stand outā€¦but only if 90% in attendance wore white. I donā€™t see that happening this Wed against Xavier[/B]ā€¦I donā€™t think 50% of people wearing white will look that intimadating.[/I]

I have to admit, you guys looked great! Iā€™ll admit when Iā€™m wrong (only 2nd time in 33 years :slight_smile: )

I didnā€™t think it would be so cohesive due to the short notice but it was impressive. Good job to all who organized!

This is pure sex.

For some reason, I cannot see the pictures posted while at work.

I have suggested to people in Athletics that we should have a Green Out and White Out every year. Pick the games prior to the year starting and put it on the schedule (just like Homecoming is highlighted) so everyone knows which game.

Virginia Tech does this for football and it works great. They print a shirt for each year (in each color) with a unique message on it and the year/date of the game. Then they sell these shirts for $5 (or something similar) leading up to the games. Obviously they are selling more than we could based on attendance for football vs basketball, but I think we showed this year that people will buy a shirt.

Thoughts?

I have suggested to people in Athletics that we should have a Green Out and White Out every year. Pick the games prior to the year starting and put it on the schedule (just like Homecoming is highlighted) so everyone knows which game.

Virginia Tech does this for football and it works great. They print a shirt for each year (in each color) with a unique message on it and the year/date of the game. Then they sell these shirts for $5 (or something similar) leading up to the games. Obviously they are selling more than we could based on attendance for football vs basketball, but I think we showed this year that people will buy a shirt.

Thoughts?

this would make way too much sense for the Athletic Dept to pull off and an easy way to market (maybe with even a small ad or two on the back) to make some $$$. quit trying to think out of the box.

Thoughts?

I agree, but maybe a Gold Out and White Out. Green Out is a cop-out, and in my eyes, an insult to our fanbase. Every game should be a green out without being planned.

Personally, I like the idea of turning the student section into a permanent ā€œsea of whiteā€ as more than a few people ahve suggested after seeing the White Out

Cool. I am too.

Me three! The white out was awesome, and really should happen more often. Kudos to NNN!

-DTM
:49ers:

This is pure sex.

Looking at this picture not only almost brings a tear to my eye (i feel the pride of a parent watching his child graduate HS), but I also notice something: section 103 needs to be returned to the students. I mean really, every other section in that corner is student, except 103. Look at the poor souls there who have to stand and still canā€™t see whatā€™s going on on the court through the SEA OF WHITE! (I love that term nowā€¦)

Personally, I like the idea of turning the student section into a permanent "sea of white" as more than a few people ahve suggested after seeing the White Out

I mean, white is one of our schoolā€™s official colors, so it makes sense. I like this idea too, and I think the chances of a white-out are higher than a green-out. Everyone has a white shirt. I like the idea of making this permanentā€¦

I mean, white is one of our school's official colors, so it makes sense. I like this idea too, and I think the chances of a white-out are higher than a green-out. Everyone has a white shirt. I like the idea of making this permanent..

I say we finish the year as is, but hit it hard with NNG and NN.N promoting the new ā€œSea of Whiteā€ next year.

Note, the reason I keep referring to it as ā€œSea of Whiteā€ now is because I found that PSU got into some legal trouble with the ā€œWhite Outā€ā€¦ the Phoenix Coyotes still have the White Out trademarked from their days as the Winnipeg Jets. (Worst relocation in sports historyā€¦)

I say we finish the year as is, but hit it hard with NNG and NN.N promoting the new "Sea of White" next year.

Note, the reason I keep referring to it as ā€œSea of Whiteā€ now is because I found that PSU got into some legal trouble with the ā€œWhite Outā€ā€¦ the Phoenix Coyotes still have the White Out trademarked from their days as the Winnipeg Jets. (Worst relocation in sports historyā€¦)

Well, they had to get out of Winnipeg, but Phoenix probably wasnā€™t the place to go. Charlotte Hornets to New Orleans is probably the worst relocation ever. Take a team that led the NBA in attendance 6 or 7 seasons and send them to a place that had already proved it couldnā€™t support an NBA team. They are already trying to find a new place to move again.