The Walking Dead

so why the zombies in the barn? is he experimenting on them to find a cure or is he holding them there till a cure is found?

Not totally sure, thought they might be relatives of some kind hoping that they can be turned back. They obviously hold some meaning. You can be sure it’s going to cause a huge f’ing issue though.

I read online (from people that read the comics) that Hershel does not believe in killing.

In the comic book it was due to thinking it was an illness that could possibly be reversed. Thus, you don’t kill people just because they are sick. That would also explain his daughter’s reaction when they killed the zombie from the well.

I don’t either but those types of rules go to the wayside when something is trying to kill you.

So, comic book readers, just fess up already - is the missing girl more or less a mcguffin? because I am absolutely sick of her/hoping they find a body, so they can move on. Aside from the hot farmers daughter, I am tired of how bogged down the show has gotten. It’s boring.

PS - I want darryl to go rogue and leave a path of zombie carnage 500 miles long. forget everyone else.

Well, she never goes missing in the comic.

so I never understood where the zombie herd that lead to the missing girl came from. It appeared as though they came from behind the vehicles but that is the direction they were driving from. so would they not have seen them before they came to the wreck in the road?

also nn.n it’s the zombie apocalypse you can have a pistol, a melee weapon and a misc weapon of your choice. what are going to equip yourself with?

me - machete, 9mm, crossbow

Is the show trying to mirror the comic? Does anyone know how much of the human race is wiped out? I would have imagined they would have seen more people by now.

I’d want the 9 and the crossbow, but I’d go aluminum baseball bat.

Has anyone questioned the accuracy of the shooters? I have noticed the guys pointing (not really aiming) pistols at the zombies and nailing them in the head; probably the smallest target on the body. I recall Shane dropping several zombies when he was with the big man. Most likely these guys are going to miss, not to mention the girl shooting the rifle for the first time and hitting Daryl from several hundred yards away. Most likely she should have missed or hit one of other guys, not graze Daryl in the head.

My weapon of choice; shotgun, better chance at hitting your target and you might get more than one if you are lucky.

[quote=“CPA_Niner, post:31, topic:25806”]Has anyone questioned the accuracy of the shooters? I have noticed the guys pointing (not really aiming) pistols at the zombies and nailing them in the head; probably the smallest target on the body. I recall Shane dropping several zombies when he was with the big man. Most likely these guys are going to miss, not to mention the girl shooting the rifle for the first time and hitting Daryl from several hundred yards away. Most likely she should have missed or hit one of other guys, not graze Daryl in the head.

My weapon of choice; shotgun, better chance at hitting your target and you might get more than one if you are lucky.[/quote]

I don’t doubt Shane’s shooting. I mean, he is a trained rifle instructor, cop, etc. So I don’t really dismiss him hitting zombies in the head, even on the run. The Show has become a little stagnant, and I’d personally like to see them get out on the road again rather than sticking around on the farm. I can’t wait to see what the whole deal with the zombies in the barn is. I’m guessing it’s family members which they think they can cure later on, still pretty crazy.

[quote=“CPA_Niner, post:31, topic:25806”]Has anyone questioned the accuracy of the shooters? I have noticed the guys pointing (not really aiming) pistols at the zombies and nailing them in the head; probably the smallest target on the body. I recall Shane dropping several zombies when he was with the big man. Most likely these guys are going to miss, not to mention the girl shooting the rifle for the first time and hitting Daryl from several hundred yards away. Most likely she should have missed or hit one of other guys, not graze Daryl in the head.

My weapon of choice; shotgun, better chance at hitting your target and you might get more than one if you are lucky.[/quote]

well it looks like they heard your concerns and practiced there shooting in last nights episode. Nothing more exciting than target practice. But probably the most zombies killed in an episode all year. next week looks to be a more exciting show. really hopeing thinks pick up in the second half of the season

Seams like Andrea has a natural affinity, which might explain how they were using that Merle shot to display.

I liked last night’s episode, though I am ready to put most of the farm plotlines to rest after next week.

Still laughing my ass off at Andrea grabbing Shane’s junk in the car, on network TV. That was hilarious.

And is anyone watching Talking Dead? Kevin Smith was on this week and the jokes were pushing the TV envelope. I think the host was about to go somewhere with a Shane joke that I know a lot of people were thinking, but he stopped just in time. There were a few before that though that were golden. Even that audience was thinking “no they di’int”.

Well, we got the answer to the little girl. I liked the episode for the most part. A little slow at first but the last 15 mins were really good and back at the level that this series can pull off. Rick capping the Sophia zombie was pretty epic. He had gone and tried to see things Herschel’s way but after being the main person in the search for Sophia, him killing her was just everything coming full circle and him realizing his view on the world was out dated. I’d expect him to side with Shane now.

really mad there is no more episodes till February. really enjoyed the episode though

I guess I enjoyed the episode, but I hope this half season is not a sign of things to come - trying to stretch limited source material (2 issues?) into half a season in order to cut the production budget, but that seems to be exactly what’s going on.

Then, you get the last 15 minutes of last night’s episode and it really stands out in stark contrast to the rest of the boring ass meandering season. The last 15 minutes was similar to most of the dramatic tension of the first season.

I hope the 2nd half is more compact with a better payoff for each episode, but it’s already in the can from what i understand, so I expect more of the same.

Such a pity. If AMC had kept the budget and the head of the show onboard, this show could have been incredible. As it is, I find myself fastforwarding over big chunks of pointless scenes that do nothing to advance the story and have absolutely no punch of dramatic tension to them. I think an assisted living center on the weekends is about as exciting as most of this season was.

Oh, and BTW, some douche showed me a picture of [spoiler]sophia zombie[/spoiler] a while back, so I was robbed of the sole visceral experience.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:37, topic:25806”]I guess I enjoyed the episode, but I hope this half season is not a sign of things to come - trying to stretch limited source material (2 issues?) into half a season in order to cut the production budget, but that seems to be exactly what’s going on.

Then, you get the last 15 minutes of last night’s episode and it really stands out in stark contrast to the rest of the boring ass meandering season. The last 15 minutes was much more similar to most of the dramatic tension of the first season.

I hope the 2nd half is more compact with a better payoff for each episode, but it’s already in the can from what i understand, so I expect more of the same.

Such a pity. If AMC had kept the budget and the head of the show onboard, this show could have been incredible. As it is, I find myself fastforwarding over big chunks of pointless scenes that do nothing to advance the story and have absolutely no punch of dramatic tension to them. I think an assisted living center on the weekends is about as exciting as most of this season was.

Oh, and BTW, some douche showed me a picture of [spoiler]sophia zombie[/spoiler] a while back, so I was robbed of the sole visceral experience.[/quote]

Explain…

They’ve already shot the second half of the season. It’s just in post editing now. Same budget/production philosophy.

The wait until February is just arbitrary - some kind of bullshit network season thing - another stretching of material. I guess they’ll repeat this season from now until Feb.

it’s all about sweeps.