The Walking Dead

[quote=“CPA_Niner, post:59, topic:25806”]I think the fact that people turn into zombies without being bitten is dumb. How does that even happen? It makes no sense at all.

I caught wind of Shane’s death before it happened as well, apparently AMC released descriptions of the future dvds and listed behind the scenes of Shane’s death.

Oh well, he was getting on my nerves anyway.

Still have to complain about one shot to the head. It’s such a small target and I’m suppose to believe some kid can do that who hardly knows how to shoot and gets it right on the first shot? Whatever.[/quote]

I may be a little off so someone correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the CDC scientist tell Rick something before they left the center that Rick has never let be known. Could have been that the disease has dormant characteristics, so that when someone dies it takes over. Bites/scratches may just accelerate the process. For all we know, each character could be a ticking time bomb and go really at any moment.

He did and you are right we don’t know what was said.

That might explain why Shane acted irrational but during the first season when one of the ladies sister died it took her a day before she turned into a zombie. Shane dies and within a few hours he’s a zombie so it wouldn’t seem the bites accelerate the process unless it’s just an error by the writers.

That might explain why Shane acted irrational but during the first season when one of the ladies sister died it took her a day before she turned into a zombie. Shane dies and within a few hours he’s a zombie so it wouldn’t seem the bites accelerate the process unless it’s just an error by the writers.[/quote]

Could be evolving? I don’t know. A misstep by writers on any show wouldn’t be the first.

At the CDC, the Doctor said something to the affect that it determines on the host how quickly they turn.

That might explain why Shane acted irrational but during the first season when one of the ladies sister died it took her a day before she turned into a zombie. Shane dies and within a few hours he’s a zombie so it wouldn’t seem the bites accelerate the process unless it’s just an error by the writers.[/quote]She became a zombie just a few minutes after she actually died.

That might explain why Shane acted irrational but during the first season when one of the ladies sister died it took her a day before she turned into a zombie. Shane dies and within a few hours he’s a zombie so it wouldn’t seem the bites accelerate the process unless it’s just an error by the writers.[/quote]She became a zombie just a few minutes after she actually died.[/quote]

I thought she sat with her sister through the night? I might be wrong though. Was enough time for Rick to try to get her to leave, for Dale to sit and talk to her and I think someone else too.

That might explain why Shane acted irrational but during the first season when one of the ladies sister died it took her a day before she turned into a zombie. Shane dies and within a few hours he’s a zombie so it wouldn’t seem the bites accelerate the process unless it’s just an error by the writers.[/quote]She became a zombie just a few minutes after she actually died.[/quote]

I thought she sat with her sister through the night? I might be wrong though. Was enough time for Rick to try to get her to leave, for Dale to sit and talk to her and I think someone else too.[/quote]you’re right. I confused her sister with the guy who was bitten and slowly got worse before they left him on the side of the road with a gun to kill himself.

I wouldn’t give you the gun…

The internet speculation is that everypne’s infected, but then you hit plotholes like all the corpses on the highway early in season 2.

One of the writers blew that off saying that if you look closely, all of the highway bodies had some type of massive head trauma. I haven’t double checked it.

Does this mean Carl will return as a zombie?

This is the service I use: http://www.icefilms.info/tv/series/3/2454
Best deal in town. Best viewed on anything but IE.

Solid! Hate having to wait until the fall.

I enjoyed the finale but I didn’t understand the logic.

Driving around on bumpy ground shooting zombies in the head-these guys are awesome and should be on Top Shot.
How many bullets does Hershel’s shotgun hold? I only saw the guy reload once!
How come they never had lookouts? I would have had the house boarded up a long time ago and minimal lighting, like the guy in the city in season one. He was able to stay in his house, no lights and stay quiet and the zombies will walk on by.

Glad to see Rick man up, he’s not taking crap from anyone now. Looking forward to see who this new character is, and why she has two walkers chained with her. The prison? Looks like a great place to be right now.

[quote=“CPA_Niner, post:74, topic:25806”]I enjoyed the finale but I didn’t understand the logic.

Driving around on bumpy ground shooting zombies in the head-these guys are awesome and should be on Top Shot.
How many bullets does Hershel’s shotgun hold? I only saw the guy reload once!
How come they never had lookouts? I would have had the house boarded up a long time ago and minimal lighting, like the guy in the city in season one. He was able to stay in his house, no lights and stay quiet and the zombies will walk on by.

Glad to see Rick man up, he’s not taking crap from anyone now. Looking forward to see who this new character is, and why she has two walkers chained with her. The prison? Looks like a great place to be right now.[/quote]AMC spilled the beans last night about the person with the sword. That is Michonne and they showed the prison in the distance in the final shot.

My suspicion is that Michonne has those walkers with her because they will help mask her scent. She is completely covered up, so they can’t see her. If she smells dead, they’ll just assume she is dead.

I lol’d at Herschel’s shotgun holding what seemed like 30 rounds.

Also, Lori is a cunt. She basically told Rick to get rid of Shane 2 or 3 episodes ago. Then she has the “hey shane, remember when we fucked and everything was great? Sorry I did that and sorry I might be carrying the baby you’ll never be able to call your own” talk that pushes Shane over the edge. Rick kills him and now she’s mad for doing what she told him to do prior?

awesome season finale. Ninja? oh yea! heard about this character from a friend that reads the comics. She is a real badass and is suppose to have it all figured out. They showed a picture of the actress that will be playing her next season on the talking dead.

so if you turn to a zombie after you die regardless, how do you defend against them? this is got to change your survival strategy. right? I mean even if you have the best hold up there is what if someone has a heart attack in the middle of the night? Now you got a zombie outbreak inside your fortification.

doesn’t surprise me. I would have been surprised if she didn’t get pissed since she is suppose to be in love with both of them. maybe a survival of the fittest thing. pit them against each other to see who is most worthy.

Hate it for Rick, he is hated on no matter what he does. Glad to see him be all f-off its my way or the highway.

I stayed up until way too late last night to watch this on the DVR.

Great episode. Yeah, the Zombie shooting range was a bit goofy, and the accuracy and God Mode ammo was kinda corny, but it was worth it for the barn burning scene. That really gave the touch of finality and loss to the farm that the show needed.

Also, they got rid of a bunch of Hershel’s brood that were basically just ornamental to the story anyway (at best).

TDawg finally having lines was weird. I was like “who the hell is he and where did he come from”. I still cannot remember another show where a character like that went like 10 episodes before the writers remembered he existed. he hadnt been heard from since he hurt himself on the highway, and then he suddenly showed up in the Randall meeting and then finally said something last night.

BTW, Darryl is the man. I hope he and Rick do not fall into the same predictable alpha male battle that Shane and Rick did. That would be so lame. Darryl isn’t wired like that. He’s more of a loner. I also suspect he is sticking around to be reunited with his brother (I know nothing, I promise).

Last night felt so much more like season 1 that it made the rest of season 2 feel… out of place. Just a couple episodes ago they were having sit down dinners at the farm and Hershel drove into town for a couple of drinks.

I have tried like crazy to avoid spoilers from the fan forums, etc. It’s inescapable if you follow the show online (or just watch Talking Dead) to not know that the Prison is going to be a big part of next season.

As for Michonne - I don’t know anything about her, so I get to speculate (for a change). I suspect she keeps the walkers with her to help her hunt the living. They’re basically neutered - no arms and I think no jaws? But they can still sense/hunt. They’re like hunting dogs.

All I know is that the Talking Dead guy was so geeked to see her.

Also was interesting to hear that they SPOILER ALERT had planned to kill off Hershel by now, but they liked the actor so much that they kept him around. Its going to be a test of their writing to see if they can keep him both relevant and believable since they no longer have source material for him.

Nice…! Some news about Season 3. One spoiler:

[url=http://www.thewalkingdeadepisode.com/the-walking-dead-season-3-release-date/]The Walking Dead Season 3 Release Date[/url] By [url=http://www.thewalkingdeadepisode.com/author/robert-kirkman/]Robert Kirkman[/url] March 19, 2012[b]Posted in: [/b][url=http://www.thewalkingdeadepisode.com/category/news/]News[/url]

After the season two premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead on October 16, 2011 broke cable ratings records in the 18–49 demographic with 7.26 million viewers, The Walking Dead will return for a third season.

The third season will contain an extended episode order of 16 episodes. (!!!)

On February 24, 2012, it was announced that David Morrissey had been cast as The Governor, a major antagonist in the comic series. Morrissey will be a main cast member in the third season, which begins production in the first quarter of 2012.

Michonne, a fan-favorite in the comic books who made an appearance in the season 2 finale will also be introduced.

SPOILER On March 17, 2012, it was announced that Michael Rooker would reprise his role as Merle Dixon, Daryl’s older brother who had gone missing in the first season.

The Walking Dead season 3 begins shooting in May, with 16 episodes planned.

Season 3 follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln, who are traveling in search of a safe and secure home after the farm where they have been staying in Season 2 owned by Hershel Greene (Scott Wilson) was overran by walkers.

Release date is yet to be announced.

CLICK HERE to read more: http://www.thewalkingdeadepisode.com/the-walking-dead-season-3-release-date/#ixzz1pZVqRecG

Stupid headline since they do not know the release date, but the extended run is awesome. That’s almost another month of zombie goodness.

Whatever happened with the guy in Atlanta that Rick said he would continue to let him know what was going on?

I don’t get the TDog character either. Watching Lori say “TDog” was funny enough, he’s the only guy with a nick name yet plays the smallest role.

When does Carol get so high and mighty? Rick spent days searching for her daughter then she suddenly doesn’t like his decisions and tries to persuade Darryl to lead?

Darryl is the man, I like when he put Carol in her place by asking her what she wants? Then telling Rick has done right by him.

TDogg’s character doesn’t exist this late in the comics. He dies in one of the first episodes.

TDogg’s character is just about worthless.

I would like this show better if Rick, Darryl, Glen, and Herschel left together. Maybe throw in Maggie and her sister. The rest of the characters bother me.