The "you suck" chant

Could our student section please stop embarrassing us with this stupid chant. There is nothing worse then hearing this especially when we are down by 12 in the second half to a team like Valpo.

I know we have an unoriginal and sometimes classless student section but could you at least pretend to be intelligent? Is that too much to ask. How about if the handfull of you quality student fans takes over and puts an end to thisā€¦Chisox, Cmack? Can you get this under control?

BTW Cmack, who is that moron that was sitting about two seats to your left wearing the green blazer? This clown seemed to be one of the ringleaders for this stupid chant and certainly one of the most enthusiastic.

I was hoping you would reach over and slap this idiot.

Do we really need a thread about this after every ****ing game.

[QUOTE=GtfoMyPorch;143855]Do we really need a thread about this after every ****ing game.[/QUOTE]

Apparently we do.

Iā€™m not one for impossing my opinions on others. I donā€™t do the chant, but Iā€™m also not going to try to get up and tell everyone to stop. Just not something I want to do, sorry. Whether somebody makes sense or not, nobody down there takes kindly being told what to do anyway. The scorekeepers down there kindly asked everybody to go around if they were going to rush the court against Cincy last year, they were very nice about it and we all tried to spread the word, but of course there are people who just went straight over. Basically, people wonā€™t respond to anyone telling them what to do. We had Ricky down there last year screaming at anybody doing the chant, also had people kindly asking them to stop, neither seems effective.

The guy in the green blazer actually starts most of the chants(at least he has this year). He has become sort of an unofficial ring leader for the students this year. If he starts 20 decent chants and one bad one, what can you say? I know him well though, heā€™s a good guy, does a lot of good things. I will point him to this thread. But again, one person isnā€™t going to stop this, even a lot of the decent fans down there do this one.

i do my part by not chanting it, i dont care if we were up by 20.

Apparently we do.

Apparently your students are too frickinā€™ stupid to know when to use it, not that it is acceptable even in those rare instances when your Niners are leading.

What a bunch of retards.

There are a lot of students that donā€™t understand how stupid the chant is. I think it is stupid and I donā€™t participate. But I guarantee that from now on, at least one person will start it.

Immature students love to chant profanity. Thatā€™s the reality of college life, independant of the institution.

I donā€™t like the bullshit chant either, but there is nothing we can do about it until we get the new scoreboard and run videos before the game telling students to defer from profanity.

I think a nice video message by coach Lutz and a few players would go leagues to stop the profanity.

Apparently your students are too frickin' stupid to know when to use it, not that it is acceptable even in those rare instances when your Niners are leading.

What a bunch of retards.

This coming from someone who attends Middle Tennessee State U?? :lmao:

Apparently your students are too frickin' stupid to know when to use it, not that it is acceptable even in those rare instances when your Niners are leading.

What a bunch of retards.

Why exactly should your opinion on this be worth considering? You go to MTSU. Youā€™re one of the few teams in the country that suck worse than we do, and thatā€™s saying something.

I suggest the students change that chant to something likeā€¦ā€œWe suckā€ or ā€œLutz sucksā€ā€¦just a suggestionā€¦

[QUOTE=ninerID;143858]i do my part by not chanting it, i dont care if we were up by 20. However, there is a way to fight back, if we are losing to another terrible opponent, which looks like will happen multiple times this year we should try, ā€œda na na na na na na, HEY!, What the f_ck?ā€[/QUOTE]

or they could do

da na na na na na na, N
da na na na na na na, I
da na na na na na na, N
da na na na na na na, E
da na na na na na na, R
da na na na na na na, S

since this is what the cheerleaders are leading the rest of the crowd in.

Maybe the cheerleaders need to turn their formation around to face the student section when they spell out ā€œNINERSā€ on the floor so the students can read it. They didnā€™t teach us to read upside down too well in ENGL1101/2 and apparently it shows.

Count me in as another student who hates the chant. Last night, I mentioned to a student chanting it that we really had no room to chant it, and it only makes us look stupid. This is what followed:
Him: But they do suck
Me: Well, as of now, theyā€™re beating us by 12
Him: They still suck though
Me: Okayā€¦ When youā€™re losing to a team, saying they suck only means that we suck worse
Him: No it doesnā€™t. They suck because theyā€™re Valpo.

At this point, I gave up.

Thatā€™s one thing I canā€™t stand about our student section ā€“ itā€™s the most unoriginal group Iā€™ve ever seen. Most schools at least have something original, or specific to their school or group. But the only thing it seems we can do is chant ā€œYou suckā€ and ā€œBull sh**.ā€ Another thing ā€“ the way the students absolutely go off screaming at the refs, even early on in the game, even if theyā€™re conferring to get a call right. Screaming profanities at the ref isnā€™t going to help us get calls. Late in the game, close game, questionable call, go ahead and lay into the ref. But on an obvious travel in the first 5 minutes of the gameā€¦ let the ref do his job.

Im with Cmack, I wont do the chant, but unlike Cmack, I cant hold my tongue. Every time the dumbass chant starts up (usually when we are down by 15 to some worthless midmajor), I make my opinions known. Its the dumbest chant ever. Especially since WE are the ones who suckā€¦
AAAGGGGH!

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;143868]Count me in as another student who hates the chant. Last night, I mentioned to a student chanting it that we really had no room to chant it, and it only makes us look stupid. This is what followed:
Him: But they do suck
Me: Well, as of now, theyā€™re beating us by 12
Him: They still suck though
Me: Okayā€¦ When youā€™re losing to a team, saying they suck only means that we suck worse
Him: No it doesnā€™t. They suck because theyā€™re Valpo.

At this point, I gave up.

Thatā€™s one thing I canā€™t stand about our student section ā€“ itā€™s the most unoriginal group Iā€™ve ever seen. Most schools at least have something original, or specific to their school or group. But the only thing it seems we can do is chant ā€œYou suckā€ and ā€œBull sh**.ā€ Another thing ā€“ the way the students absolutely go off screaming at the refs, even early on in the game, even if theyā€™re conferring to get a call right. Screaming profanities at the ref isnā€™t going to help us get calls. Late in the game, close game, questionable call, go ahead and lay into the ref. But on an obvious travel in the first 5 minutes of the gameā€¦ let the ref do his job.[/QUOTE]
You had me until you started about the refsā€¦any call against our team is a bad call, period(yes, Iā€™m obviously kidding here). I seriously doubt any student section in the country doesnā€™t hop on the refs over every single call against their team. Just a part of the fun of being right on the court as a student. Screaming profanities at the ref isnā€™t going to lose us calls either.

No student section is perfect and ours is no exception. The whole Valpo thing you said is a perfect example of a lot of the people in our section. But complaining about our students yelling at the refs? That is a little much. Next do we have to stop yelling at the coaches and players too? The point of sitting the close is to have fun and scream your head off. Some of the things said are obviously stupid, but I would not count the screaming at the refs as one of those. The whole point is to have fun, and being the ā€œperfect fanā€ and yelling only when exactly appropriate definitely takes away a lot of the fun. We have a ton of people down low screaming their heads off all game long, things could be much much worse than having ā€œthe most unoriginal group ever.ā€

If you donā€™t like the ā€œYOU SUCKā€ chant, think something else up, and weā€™ll start doing it.

Oh, Iā€™m totally fine with yelling at the refs. Iā€™m one of the ones down there screaming with you. Itā€™s just early on, on obvious calls that irks me. Itā€™s not just ā€œCome on, refā€ or ā€œWhat was that?ā€ - Iā€™m cool with that. Itā€™s when I see a student who is genuinely pissed at a good call and goes off on the ā€œRef, you ****ing piece of ****, youā€™re the ******* worst ref Iā€™ve ever ******* seen! Go back to **** ref school you ******* moron! That was the most ******** call Iā€™ve seen you ****** **** **** ******ā€ thing.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;143878]If you donā€™t like the ā€œYOU SUCKā€ chant, think something else up, and weā€™ll start doing it.[/QUOTE]

We have other chants. All weā€™re asking it that students lay off the ā€œyou suckā€ part. Go with what the cheerleaders are doing during this chantā€¦ the ā€œda da da da da da ā€¦ Nā€ deal.

We have other chants. All we're asking it that students lay off the "you suck" part. Go with what the cheerleaders are doing during this chant.... the "da da da da da da .... N" deal.

I said chant, not sing-a-long. :tongue:

Oh, I'm totally fine with yelling at the refs. I'm one of the ones down there screaming with you. It's just early on, on obvious calls that irks me. It's not just "Come on, ref" or "What was that?" - I'm cool with that. It's when I see a student who is genuinely pissed at a good call and goes off on the "Ref, you ****ing piece of ****, you're the ******* worst ref I've ever ******* seen! Go back to **** ref school you ******* moron! That was the most ******** call I've seen you ****** **** **** ******" thing.

LOLā€¦I was sitting next to this guy (I donā€™t know him). He was a freaking idiot. Sorry, I shouldā€™ve told him to shut up a little earlier instead of waiting till the end.

[QUOTE=49erpi;143854]Could our student section please stop embarrassing us with this stupid chant. There is nothing worse then hearing this especially when we are down by 12 in the second half to a team like Valpo.

I know we have an unoriginal and sometimes classless student section but could you at least pretend to be intelligent? Is that too much to ask. How about if the handfull of you quality student fans takes over and puts an end to thisā€¦Chisox, Cmack? Can you get this under control?

BTW Cmack, who is that moron that was sitting about two seats to your left wearing the green blazer? This clown seemed to be one of the ringleaders for this stupid chant and certainly one of the most enthusiastic.

I was hoping you would reach over and slap this idiot.[/QUOTE]

haa, your opinion has been heard. but when you have people behind you saying the same thing in your ear, you assume that most everyone behind you is doing it.

i figured something like this would fit in for the niners. everyone i come across loves to bitch and complain and talk shitā€¦

and i am a ā€˜ringleaderā€™ at life