The "you suck" chant

I wasn’t there, but if you don’t want the students to chant “you suck,” then tell the team to not suck.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;144037]I wasn’t there, but if you don’t want the students to chant “you suck,” then tell the team to not suck.[/QUOTE]

Yea they were yelling at the other team while we were down 15, its not classless, it just makes you look retarded. So the other team did not suck, in fact they were great.

dejavu, nice avatar but please watch out for jimmyhat49er.

[QUOTE=dejavu;144040]Yea they were yelling at the other team while we were down 15, its not classless, it just makes you look retarded. So the other team did not suck, in fact they were great.[/QUOTE]

Agree. What does it say about the home team when someone yells “You suck” to the visiters that are beating us? Just stupid.

[QUOTE=ninerID;144043]dejavu, nice avatar but please watch out for jimmyhat49er.[/QUOTE]

His is actually very funny and creative… That’s not to say your’s wasn’t creative, because it was, it was just in really poor taste and when you think about it sad.

The “You Suck” Chant Sucks!

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]The “You Suck” Chant Sucks![/SIZE][/FONT]

Why is that dog on top of Demon, Austin?:huh:

[QUOTE=49erFan1;144126]Why is that dog on top of Demon, Austin?:huh:[/QUOTE]

I think it’s from the Nash Experiment year. One of the UAB posters made it right before Demon lit them up. (The dog on his back never did make any sense. Maybe you just have to live in Alabama to understand it).

Hate the chant too…makes NO SENSE WHEN YOUR LOSING!!!

but I have heard this chant 2 other times this year on televised games…The first time I heard it was at the Kentucky-Tarheel game…the wildcat fans were chanting it during that song while they were losing.

The second game was on a syracuse game…can’t remember who they were playing…

I just thought it was funny because I thought we were the only morons who chanted that thing…maybe I just never noticed it before.

[QUOTE=casstommy;144147]Hate the chant too…makes NO SENSE WHEN YOUR LOSING!!!

but I have heard this chant 2 other times this year on televised games…The first time I heard it was at the Kentucky-Tarheel game…the wildcat fans were chanting it during that song while they were losing.

The second game was on a syracuse game…can’t remember who they were playing…

I just thought it was funny because I thought we were the only morons who chanted that thing…maybe I just never noticed it before.[/QUOTE]

I recall UNC-R used to say, when John Doe would be introduced before the game, they would say “Hey John, YOU SUCK!!!”

I thought it was sorta cool.

Anyway

gotlutz’s
"our house" would work during the hey song, as well as CMack’s “Go niners”. Although, if you are losing, the “our house” makes you look sort of dumb, but at least it is positive.

Probably the best thing would be to just simply go:
N!
I!
N!
E!
R!
S!

but there needs to be an actual replacement to get “You suck” to stop. Maybe this is an unintended consequence of the new ticketing system. You used to have more “auxillary campers” and Greeks who were not as die hard and maybe less profane and crazy, and now they have been replace by all psycho niners fans.

I think it's from the Nash Experiment year. One of the UAB posters made it right before Demon lit them up. (The dog on his back never did make any sense. Maybe you just have to live in Alabama to understand it).

You’re right on. Just liked the pic, and since this year is going so much like that year was…

Actually, I’ve been chanting “we suck” for a few weeks now…

Are you sure the crowd was chanting, “you suck,” to our own team?

[QUOTE=lutz9er;144152]
but there needs to be an actual replacement to get “You suck” to stop. Maybe this is an unintended consequence of the new ticketing system. You used to have more “auxillary campers” and Greeks who were not as die hard and maybe less profane and crazy, and now they have been replace by all psycho niners fans.[/QUOTE]

I may be mistaken, but I believe it was one of the Greek groups who started the “You suck!” last season…

But nobody has any other chant ideas for Indiana? They need to get in tomorrow sometime, so post if you have anything. Those little sheets are making a comeback, they were always pretty weak and if nobody can come up with anything better they will probably just be ignored again.

ps - good meeting you today, hope you got out of that lab at a decent hour.

Indy’s boring!
Is there even a population of 1 outside of Indianapolis.
What do they do? Bang Cows? LOL.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman]The you suck chant isn’t new. Maryland has been doing it for years. Even their alumni at the ACC Championships a few years ago were doing it. (This was old people not students) Don’t think you guys are original with this chant its been going on for years, we used to do it in high school.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman]The you suck chant isn’t new. Maryland has been doing it for years. Even their alumni at the ACC Championships a few years ago were doing it. (This was old people not students) Don’t think you guys are original with this chant its been going on for years, we used to do it in high school.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Brilliant…

Give the man a cookie.

IMPOSSIBLE!! I DON’T BELIEVE YOU!!!

Damn right I’m going to bring this up.

Way to drop a chant on a team that brought out the walk-ons.
How does that one feel for everyone who participated in that embarassing chant?

“You Suck” belongs to the Maryland Terps. Let’s keep it that way.

At this point in time, we don’t need to tell anyone they suck when we are playing like we are