This weekend's visitor

Who is visiting this weekend?? This could be crucial

I got an old friend stopping by… we’ll probably grill some steaks… It could get crucial

Tiger Woods

Please explain to me why we can’t say anything here because it’s on another site!!!

If Niner Report reported a meteor was heading to Earth…and I found out in another way (or heard a rumor)…would I not be allowed to say anything to the Niner Nation community because Niner Report reported it first!!!

Is information now considered proprietary and protected property?!?!

This is dumb as hell.

This is the most active Niner community in existence…if someone knows something and wants to share something (like the mystery recruit)…they shouldn’t be discouraged or scared to say something just because another pay site has it on their site!!

I’ll say it again.

Dumb
As
Hell

Are we suddenly living behind the wrong side of the resurrected Berlin wall?

Jesus!

[quote=“TRLeader, post:4, topic:23184”]Please explain to me why we can’t say anything here because it’s on another site!!!

If Niner Report reported a meteor was heading to Earth…and I found out in another way (or heard a rumor)…would I not be allowed to say anything to the Niner Nation community because Niner Report reported it first!!!

This is dumb as hell.

This is the most active Niner community in existence…if someone knows something and wants to share something (like the mystery recruit)…they shouldn’t be discouraged or scared to say something just because another pay site has it on their site!!

I’ll say it again.

Dumb
As
Hell

Jesus![/quote]
i think if any of us knew who it was we would tell.

I’m not posting it because Tim is working on to gather this information. It will inevitably come out, but I will not be the one to release it. I will say there could be 2 visitors this weekend…One would be eligible in the fall, the other would have to sit a year and be available in 2011 with 3 years remaining.

i respect that you dont want to tell who they are but can i ask if you think the reaction will be postive that they are visiting or negative.

I think anything right now has to be positive. Truth is we won’t know until a guy suits up in the Fall.

What kind of question is that… who the hell knows… did anyone on this board even hear of Derrio Green or Harris before we signed them… sometimes you put too much stock in the scout and rival write ups man.

What kind of question is that… who the hell knows… did anyone on this board even hear of Derrio Green or Harris before we signed them… sometimes you put too much stock in the scout and rival write ups man.[/quote]
the key word there is sometimes. most of the time, the rankings matter. at this point, i dont expect a superstar but i hope this kid isnt an nec level player.

What kind of question is that… who the hell knows… did anyone on this board even hear of Derrio Green or Harris before we signed them… sometimes you put too much stock in the scout and rival write ups man.[/quote]
the key word there is sometimes. most of the time, the rankings matter. at this point, i dont expect a superstar but i hope this kid isnt an nec level player.[/quote]

Our new coach has seen NBA first rounders as well as all the players we have now in action many times… I think I trust him to get kid that isn’t an nec level player and you should too.

the key word there is sometimes. most of the time, the rankings matter. at this point, i dont expect a superstar but i hope this kid isnt an nec level player.[/quote]

Our new coach has seen NBA first rounders as well as all the players we have now in action many times… I think I trust him to get kid that isn’t an nec level player and you should too.[/quote]
i do trust him. i just am worried that he doesnt know that he can recruit big time players here but i am a basketball recruiting worrier, its what i do.

Our new coach has seen NBA first rounders as well as all the players we have now in action many times… I think I trust him to get kid that isn’t an nec level player and you should too.[/quote]
i do trust him. i just am worried that he doesnt know that he can recruit big time players here but i am a basketball recruiting worrier, its what i do.[/quote]

Depends on what you define “big time player” , before Braswell we haven’t had a top 100 player in like 6 years… I really don’t care who we recruit as long as they can win games somehow… hell look at the Temple model, they don’t recruit anyone to your standards and they are top 25 and in the tourny every year.

Pretty sure I know who this guy is based of info here and there.

Edit: I’m 99% positive I know who the guy is.

[quote=“TRLeader, post:4, topic:23184”]Please explain to me why we can’t say anything here because it’s on another site!!!

This is dumb as hell.

I’ll say it again.

Dumb
As
Hell

Jesus![/quote]If you don’t want to pay, which is fine, wait in line.

And take your Vitamin H.

i do trust him. i just am worried that he doesnt know that he can recruit big time players here but i am a basketball recruiting worrier, its what i do.[/quote]
we have had several top 150 guys over the past few years but when the headline says big time player i expect someone of quality. he doesnt have to be top 100 but probably a three star would be nice.
Depends on what you define “big time player” , before Braswell we haven’t had a top 100 player in like 6 years… I really don’t care who we recruit as long as they can win games somehow… hell look at the Temple model, they don’t recruit anyone to your standards and they are top 25 and in the tourny every year.[/quote]

This is dumb as hell.

I’ll say it again.

Dumb
As
Hell

Jesus![/quote]

DMCA – google it.

I agree with both sides - don’t post someone else’s “pay to see” information, yet please, please, don’t post a fucking thread here with a striptease of information from a “pay to see” article either. If we are going to be bombarded by “pay to see” types, I suggest Mac create a forum for commercial “pay to see” stuff. It works on other message boards, it can work here and appease (perhaps) both sides.

On that note, we never can thank Mac enough for the good work - so - thanks Mac.

I don’t really care whether people relay the information from ninerreport or not, it’s really perturbing that people think repeating information is against the law. You can paraphrase all you want, you just can’t copy and paste. Sheesh.

Well, what if the people subscribed to NR feel like they don’t wish to disclose information that they are paying for.

I know who, but I’m not telling.