Thomas Lane - 2005

Thomas Lane article

looks like we are definitely getting a visit

6’4 185 lbs SG from Cassidy High School in Oklahoma City

Plays AAU for the Oklahoma Aces

Scored very well in 2 big tourneys

Will visit Sept 3. Middle Ten State and Charlotte has offered. Likes Wash St. Scored over 1200 on SAT.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Aug 23 2004, 04:08 PM [b] Scored over 1200 on SAT. [/b]
:toast:

i hope his visit goes really really well. im sick of missing out on shooting guards.

Hopefully with Middle Tenn. State getting a visit, we are the biggest name intersted in him right now. Does anybody know who else is interested? Hopefully a visit here(maybe MM) will lock him up.

Actually, appears he is visiting Charlotte Sept., not Middle Tenn. State. Washington St. is his favorite.

Heard he is a little bit bigger version of Jobey Thomas, but very similar games. Shoots it really well.

Guevara - CUSA Leader
Thomas - CUSA Leader
Brown - CUSA Leader
Plavich - CUSA Leader

Where else could he go?

I hope Lane realises that Washington State fans dont give a crap about basketball. The WSU fans dont even know who he is. He needs to come here, we need him to come here, Thomas Lane come be a Niner!

I’d be curious if anyone would know what his academic interests were. He seems to weigh that very highly.

Here is an article on him from 8/31/04 from Ninerreport (JJ)…appears we are second on his list (behind Washington St) as mentioned before.

Thomas Lane article from Rivals (8/31/04)

He is visiting this weekend and we are a CLOSE second right now. Let’s hope it goes very well.

[i]Originally posted by 49erblh[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 06:42 PM [b] Here is an article on him from 8/31/04 from Ninerreport (JJ)...appears we are second on his list (behind Washington St) as mentioned before.

Thomas Lane article from Rivals (8/31/04)

He is visiting this weekend and we are a CLOSE second right now. Let’s hope it goes very well. [/b]

Visit went really well according to NinerReport.com. We really rolled out the red carpet for him. I like his size for the 2.

What is also interesting is that we lead and Washington St. appears to have backed off, so much so that his next visit is Creighton. Sounds good so far.

[i]Originally posted by 49erblh[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 06:07 PM [b]What is also interesting is that we lead and Washington St. appears to have backed off, so much so that his next visit is Creighton. Sounds good so far.[/b]
That's the best news I've heard about our 05 recruiting in a while. It would be very nice to get another 4 year guy in here to be our 3 point shooter. I know JUCO and transfers provide more immediate help, but I still like having a guy around for all 4 years.

Washington State is backing off because they’re scurred.

Lutz can be a rather scurry dude…after all, who else in CUSA is gonna intimidate anybody? Huggins?

I don’t know, Crean looks pretty intimidating with his 1940’s haircut and coke bottle glasses, Pitino could grease ya, and Calapari is known to attack hall of fame coaches over 60.

yeah, Crean scared the crap out of the students with his TJ Maxx sweater :lol:

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Sep 9 2004, 03:51 PM [b] Pitino could grease ya, [/b]
yeah now that you mention it.... I didn't think about "Don" Pitiino... the only Coach in the NCAA that walks out to the bench with an entourage (sp?)....

9/20/04

As stated before, Lane is a 6-foot-4 and 180-pound wing player from Casady High School in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Lane averaged 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists as a junior, earning honorable mention SPC (Southwest Preparatory Conference) honors last season. He is rated as a three-star prospect by Rivals.com.

He has offers from Charlotte, Middle Tennessee St., and Canisius. Had a great visit to Charlotte and is also being recruited by Creighton and Army. Tulsa is also interested and he seems to be excited about the Tulsa involvement.

Apparently has tremendous jumping ability and is a great shooter, according to his coach.