Thursday's big day

The Charlotte Observer is, and always has been, one of the best sources of information ever produced. Especially in the realm of sports, they always go above and beyond information on providing important details for ALL IMPORTANT TOPICS. If they don’t cover an event, it doesn’t matter.

I just realized that I only have 3 more years on subscription. I think I will go send in my renewal today before I jeopardize a lapse in my daily Charlotte Observer.

[QUOTE=NinerLove;437098]I understand bashing the O for their minimal coverage of our Niners. [/QUOTE]

Minimal? That’s not very nice. Mr. Persinger has a challenging job. He does very well.

[QUOTE=NinerLove;437098]I understand bashing the O for their[B] minimal coverage of our Niners[/B].[/QUOTE]Quite frankly, I have not seen any bashing in this thread. Stating facts is not exactly bashing… and you stated facts when you made this post.

And I appreciate Jim posting on this board too. I don’t think anyone on here dislikes or disrespects Jim.

[QUOTE=VA49er;437059]It appears the O is now promoting Roy Williams’s new book.[/QUOTE]
I believe Roy’s book title is “Working Hard” or some such. The O and everyone else has bought into the nonsense that Roy succeeds because he just works harder than everyone else. For example,we often hear about his showing up at AAU summer games,as if no other freakin’ coach were there. Well, that self promoting SOB better be working hard for the money he makes. Ironically , most basketball coaches do not have time to be writing autobios. They are too busy DOING THEIR JOBS.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;437220]Quite frankly, I have not seen any bashing in this thread. Stating facts is not exactly bashing… and you stated facts when you made this post.

And I appreciate Jim posting on this board too. I don’t think anyone on here dislikes or disrespects Jim.[/QUOTE]
its because I said a [B]Guyn explanation is needed[/B]. Its the white elephant in the room.

I heard today why we quit chasing him…I just feel like [B]if Utter is gonna blog about getting a verbal from him, he should equally blog why it evaporated[/B].

Jim does lack a little credibility when all he does is blog propaganda from the SID and staff (whether you know it or not, thats what he does). At least the Observer has people like Fowler or Tom who call a spade a spade on the Panthers. Jim simply conveys what he is told, when from time to time we need someone to keep us honest internally. I always like DeCourcy in Cinci who would speak his mind if need be.

So why did we quit chasing him?

[QUOTE=metro;437244]its because I said a [B]Guyn explanation is needed[/B]. Its the white elephant in the room.

I heard today why we quit chasing him…I just feel like [B]if Utter is gonna blog about getting a verbal from him, he should equally blog why it evaporated[/B].

Jim does lack a little credibility when all he does is blog propaganda from the SID and staff (whether you know it or not, thats what he does). At least the Observer has people like Fowler or Tom who call a spade a spade on the Panthers. Jim simply conveys what he is told, when from time to time we need someone to keep us honest internally. I always like DeCourcy in Cinci who would speak his mind if need be.[/QUOTE]

So you gonna drop the bomb on here or do you need to PM me the info as to why Charlotte/Guyn split up?

[QUOTE=lucky57;437247]So why did we quit chasing him?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;437249]So you gonna drop the bomb on here or do you need to PM me the info as to why Charlotte/Guyn split up?[/QUOTE]Yea Metro. Inquiring minds want to know.

There is often more to the story, but this week I would rather focus on those that are here rather than someone not coming. Isnt that what this thread was about?

[QUOTE=chasmo101;437255]Isnt that what this thread was about?[/QUOTE]

I thought this thread is about how well the Charlotte Observer makes sure we know what’s going on.

[QUOTE=metro;437244]its because I said a [B]Guyn explanation is needed[/B]. Its the white elephant in the room.

Jim does lack a little credibility when all he does is blog propaganda from the SID and staff (whether you know it or not, thats what he does). At least the Observer has people like Fowler or Tom who call a spade a spade on the Panthers. Jim simply conveys what he is told, when from time to time we need someone to keep us honest internally. I always like DeCourcy in Cinci who would speak his mind if need be.[/QUOTE]

In Jim’s defense, he is passionate about this program and loves the Niners. I can understand that might make it hard to be completely impartial when it comes to covering the team. But a lot of people don’t want to hear anything negative.

[QUOTE=metro;437244]
I heard today why we quit chasing him…
[/QUOTE]
was it because we couldn’t find him? was it because he doesn’t really exist?

In response to the 8th pick, while it sucks, Xavier won the tourney as a 10th seed 2 years ago. Of course 1st-14th weren’t that far apart that year either.

What was the reason we stopped recruiting Guyn?

[QUOTE=woodniner;437408]What was the reason we stopped recruiting Guyn?[/QUOTE]

This.

Lay it on us.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;437394]In response to the 8th pick, while it sucks, Xavier won the tourney as a 10th seed 2 years ago. Of course 1st-14th weren’t that far apart that year either.[/QUOTE]Weren’t we supposed to finish close to last in our division of CUSA Lutz’s first year? I’d love to see him serve up a **** sandwich to the A10 and come back full circle.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;437286]In Jim’s defense, he is passionate about this program and loves the Niners. I can understand that might make it hard to be completely impartial when it comes to covering the team. But a lot of people don’t want to hear anything negative.[/QUOTE]

so…because your are passionate, you can only print/blog sheets of music handed to you??

glad to see the blog today

One of the top point guard prospects for 2012 will be making a visit to Charlotte for Basketball Madness tonight.

http://charlotte.rivals.com/default.asp

So how does the great Metro know more about our recruiting process than Jim or the SID? I guess Guyn has Metro on speed dial?
Comments laced with sarcasm.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;437771][URL]http://charlotte.rivals.com/default.asp[/URL][/QUOTE]
Tyler Lewis?

I expect him to be making several unofficial visits in the coming years. I mean, his brother plays for us.