TIME FOR NEW BLOOD - SEND THEM ALL PACKING

He is also our all time losses leader.[/quote]
Wow…stop, you’re embarrassing yourself.[/quote]

How in the world is stating a fact embarrassing myself?[/quote]
How about the fact that you are clearly insinuating (with that statement) that Lutz is somehow our “worst coach” (otherwise, why would you mention it-----do you really think Bobby is worse than Wissel, or Pratt, or Major?) AND that you literally said that our winningest coach AND AN ALUM should “never get near our program”? That SHOULD be embarrassing to you. If not, well I can’t help you.

[quote=“Gassman, post:56, topic:29344”][quote=“NewNiner, post:47, topic:29344”]I’m in the camp of ready for some new blood. I don’t have the animosity that a lot of people have toward this staff and I especially love the recruiting, but we’ve got to have a breath of something new in here to revitalize the program.

Nothing against Bobby, but I was ready for him to go and don’t want him to return as our HC. I’d love to have him as an AD or something.

LeVelle Moton is doing a great job at NCCU. His teams have gone 15-5, 17-15, 22-9, and 28-6 (NCAA 2nd round) since he got there. Additionally, with Duke’s loss at home to Miami, NCCU now has the 3rd longest active home win streak behind Gonzaga and Arizona (and just ahead of Wichita State). They aren’t as good at 13-5 this year with losses to CHeat, Cincy, Maryland, Creighton, and Memphis.

There are a number of coaches that we went through in a similar thread last year.[/quote]

Moton is the perfect profile for our program. A hotshot coach on the way up, local ties to the area (no idea where he’s from but he must have a SE recruiting network by now), at a lower level school. If he comes to Charlotte and replicates his success he could do 2 things. 1. Get a huge raise from Charlotte to keep him here (like we didn’t do with Watkins) or move on to a p5. I’m fine with being a stepping stone if it ends up improving the program. We just bring another coach in that’s upwardly mobile and do it again.[/quote]
Watkins was only HC for two seasons and Texas A&M gave him a salary that was about 3 times what we were paying him. There was nothing at all we could have done to keep him. Fun Fact: When Melvin took that job he was the third highest paid “person” in College Station, TX. The football coach, a prize bull (stud fees), and then Melvin.

[quote=“KTown49er, post:8, topic:29344”]I’m done.

I will not come back to another basketball game until it is worth watching again. Actually, I will come to Sr night this year to pay respect to Henry for putting himself thru this abysmal torture for the last 4 years. But that is the only reason and the only game I will come back to until this sh!t changes.[/quote]

THIS. I feel so bad for Pierria. like, embarrassed bad.

I would not go after Stansbury. He had some major problems with team discipline, including players punching fans. He brought in good talent and he was emotional and active and the team fought for him, but they were also incredibly undisciplined. Often the team would jack up 3s from near halfcourt, wouldn’t run offensive plays, etc.

I like the idea of bringing in Moton and Musselmen for interviews. There’s gotta be a number of other good coaches out there too. What I like about Moton is that he actually turned around a horrible program and that they beat who they’re supposed to. I may have to start watching Central play. Does anyone have a link to their board?

How about the fact that you are clearly insinuating (with that statement) that Lutz is somehow our “worst coach” (otherwise, why would you mention it-----do you really think Bobby is worse than Wissel, or Pratt, or Major?) AND that you literally said that our winningest coach AND AN ALUM should “never get near our program”? That SHOULD be embarrassing to you. If not, well I can’t help you.[/quote]

PB has been very clear in that he doesn’t think Lutz is a good coach. I disagree with that, there was a period where he was very good, just not the last few years… That beign said, new blood means new blood IMO. I don’t see any scenario where Bobby Lutz is even considered a viable option here… That ship has sailed, for both parties.

[quote=“Ben H, post:63, topic:29344”][quote=“KTown49er, post:8, topic:29344”]I’m done.

I will not come back to another basketball game until it is worth watching again. Actually, I will come to Sr night this year to pay respect to Henry for putting himself thru this abysmal torture for the last 4 years. But that is the only reason and the only game I will come back to until this sh!t changes.[/quote]

THIS. I feel so bad for Pierria. like, embarrassed bad.

I would not go after Stansbury. He had some major problems with team discipline, including players punching fans. He brought in good talent and he was emotional and active and the team fought for him, but they were also incredibly undisciplined. Often the team would jack up 3s from near halfcourt, wouldn’t run offensive plays, etc.

I like the idea of bringing in Moton and Musselmen for interviews. There’s gotta be a number of other good coaches out there too. What I like about Moton is that he actually turned around a horrible program and that they beat who they’re supposed to. I may have to start watching Central play. Does anyone have a link to their board?[/quote]

Yeah, I’d hate to have a guy with a 640 winning percentage and SEC titles.

I Nugget’s avatar. Apropos. That is all.

agreed… Props on the distress signal

How about the fact that you are clearly insinuating (with that statement) that Lutz is somehow our “worst coach” (otherwise, why would you mention it-----do you really think Bobby is worse than Wissel, or Pratt, or Major?) AND that you literally said that our winningest coach AND AN ALUM should “never get near our program”? That SHOULD be embarrassing to you. If not, well I can’t help you.[/quote]

I think the point is that it’s not a fair way to spin the facts to say he is the winningest coach ever without saying he is also the losingest coach ever. Some of that has to do with sheer tenure. Makes me think of Favre vs Rogers. Favre has (or had) the all time TD record in the NFL. He also had the all time interception record.

Rogers on the other hand might be able to hold the all time TD record, but is not likely to be anywhere near the all time interception record.

You have to be fair and show all sides of the data. Bobby was a good coach, and did some good things here. That said, we’d be the laughing stock of the NCAA to bring him back five years after firing him. I don’t think most people have a problem with him being a fan, but he could be toxic for the program depending on how his disposition is towards the university post firing.

I went to one of his events where he spoke some about it after he was fired and while he wasn’t outright rude or angry about it, he certainly didn’t seem to have the best feelings about it. I’d say even if we offered him (which I’d be against) he wouldn’t consider coming back.

I wouldn’t totally be opposed to players punching fans.

How about the fact that you are clearly insinuating (with that statement) that Lutz is somehow our “worst coach” (otherwise, why would you mention it-----do you really think Bobby is worse than Wissel, or Pratt, or Major?) AND that you literally said that our winningest coach AND AN ALUM should “never get near our program”? That SHOULD be embarrassing to you. If not, well I can’t help you.[/quote] Most wins + most losses= longest tenure. That was the only insinuation I took from his post. By your own logic, mentioning that Bobby has the most wins
means you think he was our best coach. There could be a debate about that (which I don’t care to have), but I think Foster, Rose, and Mullins would be in the running.

Sorry, if I’ve embarrassed myself.

I wouldn’t totally be opposed to players punching fans.

8)[/quote] That sounds like you have some fan in mind to be the punchee.

How about the fact that you are clearly insinuating (with that statement) that Lutz is somehow our “worst coach” (otherwise, why would you mention it-----do you really think Bobby is worse than Wissel, or Pratt, or Major?) AND that you literally said that our winningest coach AND AN ALUM should “never get near our program”? That SHOULD be embarrassing to you. If not, well I can’t help you.[/quote] Most wins + most losses= longest tenure. That was the only insinuation I took from his post. By your own logic, mentioning that Bobby has the most wins
means you think he was our best coach. There could be a debate about that (which I don’t care to have), but I think Foster, Rose, and Mullins would be in the running.

Sorry, if I’ve embarrassed myself.[/quote]
Fair post, although I disagree about PB’s intent. Thats fine, but remember the initial reply from me was in response to his comment that Bobby shouldn’t be “anywhere near our program” (ie; not just saying “he shouldn’tt coach here”).

I would like to see us hire James Naismith as HC with John Wooden and Red Auerbach as assistants. Lutz and Watkins can enroll in grad school and serve as Team Managers. This would only work if we fired Judy and hired Mr. Potato Head as our AD. Ian Anderson would make a great shot doctor as well.

Are we sure Moton would want to come? I don’t mean that Charlotte wouldn’t be a step up, even in our current depths it’s still a better situation (I think). But coaches that are having success at the lower levels often can jump further now than they used to in many cases, so he could be holding out for a better position in a better conference.

Charlotte is in a tough spot right now. We really need for CUSA to fix things (and we need to fix things to help with that), so that they aren’t the 17th best conference (should at least be top 12 or so). That would go a long ways to convincing someone they could actually achieve NCAA bids without having to be perfect in the conference tournament each year, or else almost perfect in conference play with a really tough non-conference performance. If CUSA can get back to top 12, with the expanded tournament, I think 2 bids is a realistic expectation for most years, which gives a little breathing room for a moderately high achieving program.

Moton interviewed at Marshall, think he would do so here if we were to be interested.

When weighing his options Charlotte would probably allow Moton to continue to leverage the recruiting contacts he has developed even though he may be looking at different kids. This would be an advantage to him, as building a network from scratch has to be difficult, expecially if the school he goes to is struggling.

You forced your own interpretation. All I meant was that he’s compiled the most losses as a Charlotte head coach. He’s not worse than Wissel, I’ve never said that. That’s absurd.

Most all-time losses just means that he was here for 12 years, and doesn’t mean anything beyond that. Bear Bryant has more losses than any Alabama head football coach.

You forced your own interpretation. All I meant was that he’s compiled the most losses as a Charlotte head coach. He’s not worse than Wissel, I’ve never said that. That’s absurd.[/quote]

Yes, I am sure thats all you meant. :stuck_out_tongue:

Same reason he has the most all time wins.