TIME FOR NEW BLOOD - SEND THEM ALL PACKING

[quote=“Int’l 49er, post:11, topic:29344”]By the looks of it Major and company are on the way out so my vote would be:

1. Bobby Hurley…http://www.ubbulls.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/hurley_bobby[/quote]

We have a good track record when hiring former Duke players who have their jersey numbers retired…

[quote=“49r9r, post:40, topic:29344”]I think we should ask Villa 7 for a refund.[/quote] Warranty has expired and merchandise is damaged. No refund.

Is Bobby Hurley related to URI’s coach?

Yep. That CONTRACT EXTENSION voided the warranty.

If Danny Hurley is still the coach it is his brother.

If Danny Hurley is still the coach it is his brother.[/quote]It is Danny. He has URI playing well. I think they’re 12-3 right now. Not sure if they have any good wins, but I’d take 12-3 over a garbage schedule at this point. I’ll take false hope over no hope.

I’m in the camp of ready for some new blood. I don’t have the animosity that a lot of people have toward this staff and I especially love the recruiting, but we’ve got to have a breath of something new in here to revitalize the program.

Nothing against Bobby, but I was ready for him to go and don’t want him to return as our HC. I’d love to have him as an AD or something.

LeVelle Moton is doing a great job at NCCU. His teams have gone 15-5, 17-15, 22-9, and 28-6 (NCAA 2nd round) since he got there. Additionally, with Duke’s loss at home to Miami, NCCU now has the 3rd longest active home win streak behind Gonzaga and Arizona (and just ahead of Wichita State). They aren’t as good at 13-5 this year with losses to CHeat, Cincy, Maryland, Creighton, and Memphis.

There are a number of coaches that we went through in a similar thread last year.

If you want Bobby Lutz as AD, you have to figure out a way to get rid of our current chancellor.
A reincarnation of Hitler has about as much chance of getting our AD slot right now as Lutz does.

As long as Judy is doing the hiring/firing we are screwed.

Our Athletic Dept.,sadly,looks like our AD.

I want major gone and I don’t want lutz anywhere near our program. Let’s go get a winner.

This

Some.of you guys are hilarious. We know there is NO WAY Bobby will be back here but comments like PB’s are ridiculous. Sure, no way should we want our all time wins leaders and an alum “anywhere near” our program.

Bobby is the all time winningest coach and has lead the program to some of our biggest wins in history, I want him back in Halton arena some day so that we can thank him for all he did - but that is as close as he needs to come to the program. He has moved on and so have we, which was the right thing for both us.

Bobby sure has moved on…looks like 4 years straight for them… Judy screwed us royally in her tenure. It doesnt matter if we fire the coach and keep our brown nosing AD and a chancellor that is fine being a little - brother satallite campus. I try to have hope but i dont see it.

The sad thing is I love Lambert, but its hard to have faith in 2016 when his current record is on par with what Judy wants…average. Is he just average? Judy’s outside hiring track record says likely… At least football currently has an excuse and ill be at every game come fall.

Thanks Judy.

I think powerbait got his feelings hurt when Bobby ran out of doughnuts one time.

:slight_smile:

[quote=“NewNiner, post:47, topic:29344”]I’m in the camp of ready for some new blood. I don’t have the animosity that a lot of people have toward this staff and I especially love the recruiting, but we’ve got to have a breath of something new in here to revitalize the program.

Nothing against Bobby, but I was ready for him to go and don’t want him to return as our HC. I’d love to have him as an AD or something.

LeVelle Moton is doing a great job at NCCU. His teams have gone 15-5, 17-15, 22-9, and 28-6 (NCAA 2nd round) since he got there. Additionally, with Duke’s loss at home to Miami, NCCU now has the 3rd longest active home win streak behind Gonzaga and Arizona (and just ahead of Wichita State). They aren’t as good at 13-5 this year with losses to CHeat, Cincy, Maryland, Creighton, and Memphis.

There are a number of coaches that we went through in a similar thread last year.[/quote]

Moton is the perfect profile for our program. A hotshot coach on the way up, local ties to the area (no idea where he’s from but he must have a SE recruiting network by now), at a lower level school. If he comes to Charlotte and replicates his success he could do 2 things. 1. Get a huge raise from Charlotte to keep him here (like we didn’t do with Watkins) or move on to a p5. I’m fine with being a stepping stone if it ends up improving the program. We just bring another coach in that’s upwardly mobile and do it again.

He is also our all time losses leader.

He is also our all time losses leader.[/quote]
Wow…stop, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Wow…stop, you’re embarrassing yourself.[/quote]

This exchange was good lulz.

Wow…stop, you’re embarrassing yourself.[/quote]

How in the world is stating a fact embarrassing myself?