Tintin at Disney

So there I am in the magic kingdon on Thursday. I’m sitting on the curb at main st USA with my girls ready to watch one of the afternoon parades. I’m wearing my green with the gold old school looking Charlotte shirt when one of the young ladies in the parade passes by and says says “Love your shirt sir, love it a lot”. I gave her the fist pump salute and she hit me with the “Go Niners.”

She was probably in her early 20’s and I started thinking how good a gig that would be. Young, just out of college and fattening the resume with a stint at Disney would be key. The temp was never below 65, and my girl is leading a parade every hour.

I also started a conversation with a guy in a Bonnie shirt by telling him “I saw the Niners bitch slap your boys in Halton last year.”

Good times.

Go Niners, indeed.

Tintin

I think they used to run a internship type deal through the Univeristy and probably many universities, at Disney.

Awesome! I saw a lot of Niners hats and shirts at the Panthers game yesterday. Even talked to a guy running one of the boothes out front that has season tickets and talked some Niners hoops. My wife and I of course had on Niners’ hats.

I was at Disney all last week (Tues->Sunday). I wore my Charlotte shirt (bright yellow with the athletic Charlotte logo on the front) to MGM on Friday. The WFU womens soccer team, and then sunday the UNCCH womens soccer team was on my flight. Both were good days to fly :slight_smile: go Disney and go Niners!

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;268233]I think they used to run a internship type deal through the Univeristy and probably many universities, at Disney.[/QUOTE]

yes Disney runs a collegiate internship program year-round and at least when I was in school (97-01), visited campus once a year for prospective applicants. I applied twice and didn’t get in. :frowning: more info can be found here. www.wdwcollegeprogram.com

Tintin at Disney… what a fantasy! :tongue:

just got back from a Oct week at Disney and Seaworld myself. I’m about 2k lighter…but worth every penny.

the new “Everest” ride is killer at Animal Kingdon

I made someone’s fantasy come true once. :lmao:

I offered to take my kids to Disney.

They declined and said the money should go to Dad’s school.

So I gave it to the 49er Club.

Send them over to see me Silvio. I’ll give them $$$ for Dippin’ Dots for their kind generosity. :49ers:

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;268258]I offered to take my kids to Disney.

They declined and said the money should go to Dad’s school.

So I gave it to the 49er Club.[/QUOTE]

I aspire to raise my children in your footsteps. :thumbsup:

Kind of coincidental… just got this email from the career center:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Do not miss your chance to speak with representatives from the following organizations about full-time, post-graduation opportunities, internships or co-ops.

[…]

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Walt Disney World Co-op Program[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]11/13/2007[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]7-8pm[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]College[/SIZE][/FONT] of Education 40

Looks like they’re still partnering with Disney. Pretty cool.

Kind of ironic... just got this email from the career center:
I don't think that's irony. That's just coincidence.

It is full of iron.

It is full of iron.

What, like your head?

What, like your head?
I see what you did there. Pretty clever. Ironic.
I see what you did there. Pretty clever. Ironic.

So that’s how it’s gonna be? Trying to mask your poor vocabulary with insults?

So that's how it's gonna be? Trying to mask your poor vocabulary with insults?
Because I took a jab at you first, right? I'd rather misuse a word once than be incapable of elementary logic. You don't have to get grouchy because I called someone mom. Lighten up, I didn't mean anything by it. Don't be so sensitive; I didn't mean for it to be insulting.
Because I took a jab at you first, right? I'd rather misuse a word once than be incapable of elementary logic. You don't have to get grouchy because I called someone mom. Lighten up, I didn't mean anything by it. Don't be so sensitive; I didn't mean for it to be insulting.
I'm sure I can find other people that think you are also incapable of using elementary logic.

I was at Disney for a few days last week too.

[QUOTE=metro;268251]just got back from a Oct week at Disney and Seaworld myself…
…the new “Everest” ride is killer at Animal Kingdon[/QUOTE]
I agree with Metro. The Everest Roller Coaster is one of the best I’ve ridden. I had never ridden a roller coaster that goes backward.