Top 30 point signs with UNCG

If the Spartans can get a point guard, why can’t the 49ers?

[URL=http://www.uncgspartans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5300&ATCLID=3720147][B][U]Top 30 point guard Kyle Randall commits to UNCG[/U][/B][/URL], UNCGSpartans.com
[URL=http://www.news-record.com/content/2009/04/16/article/uncg_signs_a_top_point_guard][B][U]UNCG signs a top point guard[/U][/B][/URL], Greensboro News-Record

ESPN has him rated 31st. The author of that article must not have realized 31 comes after 30.

2 star on scout, no rivals page. I’m pretty sure all the guys we are after are rated higher.

i dont trust espn’s ranking too much.

regardless of rankings

UNCG 1 point guard
Charlotte 0 point guards

[QUOTE=ninerID;402053]regardless of rankings

UNCG 1 point guard
Charlotte 0 point guards[/QUOTE]

I’m sure there are some graduating seniors in the surrounding counties that play PG that we can sign if it will make everybody happy. I’m in no hurry to sign anyone that will not help us.

I'm sure there are some graduating seniors in the surrounding counties that play PG that we can sign if it will make everybody happy. I'm in no hurry to sign anyone that will not help us.

Exactly, if it means Vee Sanford, Armstead, Vincent Williams, or someone else is coming here, I’ll wait. No use in rushing things.

Good for them. He knows if he’s any good he’ll be starting and get serious minutes for sure. Pretty much any PG we have coming here isn’t going to be getting serious minutes.

The guys we are after are way more talented than this guy. X is right, we could go out right now and get a committement right now from some low level guy that’s barely D1 talent, but instead we are going after legit pg’s such as Richmond, Williams, Sanders, etc.

I'm in no hurry to sign anyone that will not help us.
Ditto that.
i dont trust espn's ranking too much.

I don’t put much stock into any rankings unless it is someone that has been taunted my numerous papers, websites and sports shows as being “it.” Pretty much that usually means 1-5, other than that I will wait until I see them on the court, b/c our top 13 recruiting class worked out real well, didn’t it?

I don't put much stock into any rankings unless it is someone that has been taunted my numerous papers, websites and sports shows as being "it." Pretty much that usually means 1-5, other than that I will wait until I see them on the court, b/c our top 13 recruiting class worked out real well, didn't it?

Can we please stop doing that? The worst service ranking classes had us as top 20 because of the # of recruits we brought in. Please quit acting like we actually had a top 20 class when we didn’t even have a single rivals top 150 recruit.

Can we please stop doing that? The worst service ranking classes had us as top 20 because of the # of recruits we brought in. Please quit acting like we actually had a top 20 class when we didn't even have a single rivals top 150 recruit.
Truth.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;402288]Can we please stop doing that? The worst service ranking classes had us as top 20 because of the # of recruits we brought in. Please quit acting like we actually had a top 20 class when we didn’t even have a single rivals top 150 recruit.[/QUOTE]

although i agree with this im going to have to correct you. on hoopscooponline, the website that gave us the ranking, wilderness was ranked 82nd.

Can we please stop doing that? The worst service ranking classes had us as top 20 because of the # of recruits we brought in. Please quit acting like we actually had a top 20 class when we didn't even have a single rivals top 150 recruit.

We also need to stop acting as if we’ve NEVER had a top 20 class because we have! One bogus (flawed)ranking does not mean they all are.

We also need to stop acting as if we've NEVER had a top 20 class because we have! One bogus (flawed)ranking does not mean they all are.
Is this data kept anywhere or does anyone remember accurately? I'd love to see our season by season class rankings by a reliable source. This might make a good Niner History thread.

Ditto. Very similar to the comments about how Iti, the #1 ranked center, didn’t pan out.

the year Butter, Demon, Rodney, Grier came in was legit top 20 class. The Observer had an actual article about Bob Huggins speaking to all of them in the corridors of Halton on a recruiting visit vs Cinci.

(note it may have not been all 4 of them at the same time, but I think so)

We also need to stop acting as if we've NEVER had a top 20 class because we have! One bogus (flawed)ranking does not mean they all are.

Of course we’ve had a top 20 class. The only value we saw out of that last top 20 class was Curtis Withers. Grier was good (just not for us) and Best was a bust.

If you consider the 00-01 class, Rodney, Demon, Jermaine, Tory Reed, Malik El-Tamer, Cam, & Butter wasn’t a bad class overall, although there were plenty of unfulfilled expecations (although Rodney & Demon helped void those out with their play).

[QUOTE=metro;402349]the year Butter, Demon, Rodney, Grier came in was legit top 20 class. The Observer had an actual article about Bob Huggins speaking to all of them in the corridors of Halton on a recruiting visit vs Cinci.

(note it may have not been all 4 of them at the same time, but I think so)[/QUOTE]

Grier was in the same class as Withers. I think you’re thinking Cam (who came in that same year). We were pre-season top 25 that year in some places based on that recruiting class (and Rodney) alone.