Top Recruiting Class for...

Lady Niners soccer.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]BIG HAUL IS BIG PAYOFF FOR CHARLOTTE[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=1]More than a dozen signees head to Charlotte and all have the ability to contribute for the 49ers. This group is ranked first in the A-10 not becuase of its size but for the talent that Coach Lipsitz brought in. Midfielder Samantha Huecker and defender Katie Davies are Top 100 recruits who play for regional ODP squads. Two capable strikers, Whitney Weinraub of Pennsylvania and Samantha Fried of New York, claimed ODP national championships and racked up numerous prep honors. Tennessee all-staters Danielle Mayeaux and Melissa Morris have both been part of youth regional ODP pools. Defender Whitney Bryant hails from the Atlanta area and also has experience on a regional ODP team. Along with Davis, five other Ohio preps will join the 49ers, including high school All-American, Ashley Roberto. Buckeyes Megan Minnix and Alyssa Brown both garnered all-state honors, won several state titles with Ohio Premier and played with the Ohio South ODP unit. Not overlooking his home turf, Coach Lipsitz inked in-state products Katie Hadley and Megan Mazzarella. Both have been part of the NC ODP pool as this rookie class has nearly 50 state championships under its belt. The 49ers easily have their best recruiting class in school history.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL=http://soccerbuzz.com/recruits07/confbreakdownB.htm]http://soccerbuzz.com/recruits07/confbreakdownB.htm[/URL]

we have the number 1 class in the A10.

Top Recruits:

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#cc0000]Katie Davies [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2]Xenia OH
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2]College Commitment: Charlotte
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2]Club: Ohio Premier [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0033ff]Soccer Honors and Activities*[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2]Ohio All-State 3rd Team
HS All-Area 1st Team
Region 2 ODP Team Pool
5-time Club State Champ [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#cc0000]Samantha Huecker [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2]Crestwood KY
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2]College Commitment: Charlotte
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2]Club: Javanon [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0033ff]Soccer Honors and Activities*[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial][SIZE=2]Former Region 2 ODP Team
5-time Club State Champion
NSCAA HS All-American
2x NSCAA HS All-Region
2-time Kentucky All-State [/SIZE][/FONT]

Yeah there was another topic on this…good to see…there are so many recruits…some that have played together…and so many that have stood out…I’m so excited for the upcoming season. Keep the undefeated at home streak alive (and start one on the road too while we’re at it). Repeat A10 champions?

No Question mark NB49, they will be champs again. Were stacked…

Thanks for the kind words.

It will be a challenge to repeat. Rhode Island will have a super high power offense and will outscore lots of people. They might be the preseason #1. Dayton returns their entire team. If they had beaten us last year they win the conference instead of us, so they should be right there again. St Louis is always special and we have to play them at their stadium, and they are 2nd in the conf in attendance (thanks to Niner Nation).

In WSOC we now play 11 of the other 13 teams so there is some difference in the strength of schedule. We have the toughest SOS in the conference but I don’t think the variance is so large that it will decide anything.

Our biggest worry will be in the back where we will begin the season with only one returning starter. We return everyone else.

If you ever have any questions I am happy to answer them. Thanks for your support and GO NINERS!

Keep the updates coming Coach!

Regional and national rankings of the 07 class should be out in a month or so. We will be ranked in both but I am sure I will be a little perturbed about our national ranking … but we do not have the “name” yet.

That we must earn.

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/sched/ncch-w-soccer-sched.html

Nice out of conference schedule… looks pretty difficult.

Yeah … Have to do it! We follow that up in 08 with Ohio State, Pitt, WF and Va Tech in a row. Should get us ready for the A10 schedule.

Yeah .. Have to do it! We follow that up in 08 with Ohio State, Pitt, WF and Va Tech in a row. Should get us ready for the A10 schedule.

Good grief!! I would guess so… That’s awesome.

Awesome news…great to hear coach

Go 9er Soccer!!!

We are so stacked. This year is going to be FUN.

We are so stacked. This year is going to be FUN.

Women’s soccer…stacked…am I the only one that found this a little amusing?

Women's soccer....stacked...am I the only one that found this a little amusing?

I’m sure your avatar found it funny as well.

Southeast regional rankings (recruiting classes) come out tonight on www.soccerbuzz.com. I personally think we should be no lower than 3rd, but I am biased. If we are lower than 5th in the SE it is a bad hose job … but the people at that site are typically good so expect 4th or 5th.

If lower, I will be the one throwing things … j/k :slight_smile:

[URL=http://www.soccerbuzz.com/recruits07/se.htm][COLOR=black]http://www.soccerbuzz.com/recruits07/se.htm[/COLOR][/URL]

Hm…3 ACC teams ahead of us? That couldn’t POSSIBLY be any sort of bias, now could it? This ranking at 5th, by the way, is Charlott’e highest ever.

In other news, UNCG is only 2 spots behind us. I had no idea they’d recruited so well this year.

The coach answer: “None of this ranking stuff matters. We have to prove it on the field to get the respect that we want and the rankings that we feel we deserve.”

And I truly do believe that.

But, I was a little surprised. Thought 3rd was possible and 4th was a definite and would be fair. Only disappointed for Sari Rose, my assistant, who is in charge of recruiting. She does an amazing job.

Good company to be in though. Now let’s hope I do not mess them up come fall (lol)

I’ll feel better about it when we’re nationally ranked midway through the season…

Man, talk about some pressure!!! :smile:

Yeah .. Have to do it! We follow that up in 08 with Ohio State, Pitt, WF and Va Tech in a row. Should get us ready for the A10 schedule.

you were just an assistant at ohio state right?..bet that game is already marked with a highlighter in your calender haha