Tournament & team observations

I hope youā€™re not bagging on Vanessa Carlton, she rules.

She used to rule. Her new CD is a total disappointment, in my opinion.

I wouldnā€™t know, never bought an album.

wasnt it carlton that totally sucked it up at some awards show with her hit song when she sang it horribly? i believe it was. and wowā€¦zackā€¦you need some new music.

Psh, what do YOU listen to, Shane?

Psh, what do YOU listen to, Shane?

I can listen to just about anything, with the exception of a couple of artistsā€¦most who youā€™ve listedā€¦hahaā€¦nah Iā€™ve developed an (unwanted) taste for some music I never thought Iā€™d like through Elizabethā€¦but mostly I like classic rock and your mellow, Dave Matthews type stuffā€¦and music that makes me want to punch things that you would probably throw up if you heard, but thatā€™s why I held back most of my criticismā€¦to each his own.

My taste in music actually extends beyond cheap 90s pop, but I usually focus on that when I post here because this board gets a littleā€¦testosterone-y sometimes. I could make all kinds of references to my love of Nine Inch Nails, but then no one would learn diversity or something. Yeah, either that or I like playing devilā€™s advocate. Your call.

But I donā€™t want you to think that one spin of someone like Papa Roach would cause my poor little Aaron Carter head to explode. Although, for the record, Papa Roach f-ing blows and always has.

You know what, you haven't been through it.

Iā€™m not saying that metroā€™s, or mine, or anyone elseā€™s posts (of the people that have been posting here for a long time), donā€™t come off as belittling, but there is an element to this that requires suffering. To jump into Nick Saban mode, youā€™re commenting on one bamboo shaft being shoved under your finger. Metro is commenting on having both his hands and his feet splintered with them, while having a drop of water constantly dripping on his head and listening to Avenged Sevenfold at 11 for 6 years.

Youā€™re a fan, no one questions that about anyone who posts here on a regular basis (well, some people question gamer and eason, but they are both fans with different perspectives), but some things are frustrating. In fact, the only person here who is not openly frustrated (even though last year he started to crack) is Lefty. Again, this is out of long time posters. every single one of us has our schtick, because weā€™re all just regular people who have common gripes.

But, posts like this really come off making you sound really condescending. As if some people are not as good a person as you are. So, just watch whose kettle youā€™re calling black.

pretty much sums it up.

the biggest difference between the youth like this alchemist kid and guys like me, bait, NA, JCL, etc is expectations. I entered school the first year of the METRO conference. Night in night out we were banging with Va Tech, #5 UL, ranked USM with Spoon, ranked Tulane and Honeycutt, etc. We were #17 my frosh year with Henry and Jarvis. 4 out of 7 METRO teams were in the dance. Then we upgraded to CUSA and continued our tear from 96-05ā€¦now, these kids now enter school when we suck in the A10 and donā€™t see losses to Monmouth (something unimaginable a decade ago) as catostrophic, whereas I/we do.

I refuse to be the frog who gets boiled in the pot- refusing to jump out when it boils. I refuse to let my alma mater slip into the mediocrity abyss. My wife knows today that if I die, bury me with my 49er jersey (no joke), can you say that Alchemist??? doubt it.

I wonā€™t try to imply that Iā€™ve followed the Niners as long as you have or that Iā€™ve given as much as you. But I also wonā€™t agree to the premise that the fact that youā€™ve been dedicated to this University for a long time means your opinion is the only one that has any validity. The benefit of having all that time put in is that you have a greater perspective and a deeper understanding of how things work in the long term. There are also benefits to coming in with a fresh perspective. I respect your long time zeal for Charlotte and your opinion, but Iā€™m still going to express mine. I think it was a bad loss, but itā€™s not the end of the world. Iā€™m probably not the only one who thinks that, just as Iā€™m sure that youā€™re not the only one who feels more strongly about it. There are probably even people who have been Niner fans for as long or longer than you who donā€™t feel as strongly as you, though perhaps itā€™s a smaller sample. How you feel about something (for example, a loss by a sports team) is sort of a subjective thing.

As for being buried with a jersey on, since I didnā€™t play for the Niners, I donā€™t own a jersey. And I donā€™t have a wife. And Iā€™d like to imagine that Iā€™m pretty far from death. But since my closet is about 80% comprised of UNCC related clothing, itā€™s likely that Iā€™d DIE wearing something Niner related. Is that good enough? I imagine my mom would prefer I be buried in a suit, so I canā€™t really make any further committments.

Alchemist has pulled for the Niners without having those years you had to enjoy.

Just something to think about.

Damn it, I figured Charlotte was with someone from the team. Oh well.

. Harris was lost against the Monmouth matchup zone, and it was obvious.

Yep. All the Harris gushing needs to stop. He isnā€™t ready to play at this level. He may be some day, but he isnā€™t ready just yet.

just a suggestionā€¦re: metro & alchemist, et al-----
why donā€™t we all stick a pin into our inflated heads and see who lifts off the highest?
come on, guys!!!
metro, youā€™re an old hero of ourā€™s. we love you. keep on pitching!
alchemist, youā€™re the future. donā€™t stopā€¦and donā€™t let us down!

[QUOTE=bball49er;271139]Yep. All the Harris gushing needs to stop. He isnā€™t ready to play at this level. He may be some day, but he isnā€™t ready just yet.[/QUOTE]

Heā€™s not a starter. Probably his role will be to up tempo the game when comes in. Iā€™m not a Gerrity fan- I have no reason to be yet. However, when he comes in, I picture him starting and getting Goldwire the hell out of the 1, he canā€™t play it.

To metro, PB, bigtme, jimmyhat, over40, Barry, etc. It sucks to be picked tenth in the A-10 when weā€™re used to beating Cincy (#3 in the nation), UL, Marq, Memphis, etc. But, the first roundā€™s on me- maybe weā€™re young and talented, time will tell.

[QUOTE=hootie;271146]To metro, PB, bigtme, jimmyhat, over40, Barry, etc. It sucks to be picked tenth in the A-10 when weā€™re used to beating Cincy (#3 in the nation), UL, Marq, Memphis, etc. But, the first roundā€™s on me- maybe weā€™re young and talented, time will tell.[/QUOTE]
Where are we gathering on Thursday? Picassoā€™s downtown?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;271156]Where are we gathering on Thursday? Picassoā€™s downtown?[/QUOTE]

I think we need to get an early start Thursday.

As for being buried with a jersey on, since I didn't play for the Niners, I don't own a jersey. And I don't have a wife. And I'd like to imagine that I'm pretty far from death. But since my closet is about 80% comprised of UNCC related clothing, it's likely that I'd DIE wearing something Niner related. Is that good enough? I imagine my mom would prefer I be buried in a suit, so I can't really make any further committments.

you missed the point entirely.
I and other outspoken others at NNN are in it for the long haul, you are tbd. Get a diploma and go to work, and experience 99% of your office/friends/media throw UNC, UNCC, NC Charlotte, when you getting football?, why donā€™t yall have football?, didnā€™t some kid die?, etc jabs at you for a decade+ and maybe youā€™ll understand our jaded outlookā€¦ In time kid. Sprinkle in we experienced a legit team (which you have not) that on a regular basis was top 30-40 RPI advancing in the NCAA, and throw in few thousand $ out of your checkbook in tix and donations, and then your opinion might have more weight. The more shares you own, the more you value the performance.

So youā€™re a better fan because your friends pick on you? No offense, but I donā€™t understand how any of that proves youā€™re more of a fan than anyone else.

So you're a better fan because your friends pick on you? No offense, but I don't understand how any of that proves you're more of a fan than anyone else.
you missed the point too, read the thread from start to finish, we are talking levels of "jadedness"