Tournament & team observations

looks like someone needs to read the NNN code of conduct

Oh, right. Sorry. Ahem.

vehement post with no regard to what the other person said or logic at all and aslo mispelinligns and TOO MANY THREES judy rose has ugly hair and also inability to admit when Iā€™m wrong even if itā€™s obvious and also probably something about how long Iā€™ve been a fan and how pure and loyal my dedication to Charlotte has been and how your dedication is capricious and you simply canā€™t compare to MY history as a fan and therefore canā€™t form an opinion on anything because you havenā€™t BEEN THROUGH IT MAN. And we sign too many jucos.

Actually, if I really wanted to make this representative of the average NNN post during a bout of mudslinging, Iā€™d probably need to use a few more censored curse words and indications that youā€™re gay. You can put those in yourself, I have to go make another Youtube video. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;270869]
vehement post with no regard to what the other person said or logic at all and aslo mispelinligns and TOO MANY THREES judy rose has ugly hair and also inability to admit when Iā€™m wrong even if itā€™s obvious and also probably something about how long Iā€™ve been a fan and how pure and loyal my dedication to Charlotte has been and how your dedication is capricious and you simply canā€™t compare to MY history as a fan and therefore canā€™t form an opinion on anything because you havenā€™t BEEN THROUGH IT MAN. And we sign too many jucos.
[/QUOTE]

You know what, you havenā€™t been through it.

Iā€™m not saying that metroā€™s, or mine, or anyone elseā€™s posts (of the people that have been posting here for a long time), donā€™t come off as belittling, but there is an element to this that requires suffering. To jump into Nick Saban mode, youā€™re commenting on one bamboo shaft being shoved under your finger. Metro is commenting on having both his hands and his feet splintered with them, while having a drop of water constantly dripping on his head and listening to Avenged Sevenfold at 11 for 6 years.

Youā€™re a fan, no one questions that about anyone who posts here on a regular basis (well, some people question gamer and eason, but they are both fans with different perspectives), but some things are frustrating. In fact, the only person here who is not openly frustrated (even though last year he started to crack) is Lefty. Again, this is out of long time posters. every single one of us has our schtick, because weā€™re all just regular people who have common gripes.

But, posts like this really come off making you sound really condescending. As if some people are not as good a person as you are. So, just watch whose kettle youā€™re calling black.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;270871]

Youā€™re a fan, no one questions that about anyone who posts here on a regular basis (well, some people question gamer and eason, but they are both fans with different perspectives), but some things are frustrating. In fact, the only person here who is not openly frustrated (even though last year he started to crack) is Lefty. Again, this is out of long time posters. every single one of us has our schtick, because weā€™re all just regular people who have common gripes.
[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m frustrated by the offense. Itā€™s just plain ugly at times but Iā€™ll wait and see what happens as the season progresses.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;270871]Youā€™re a fan, no one questions that about anyone who posts here on a regular basis (well, some people question gamer and eason, but they are both fans with different perspectives), but some things are frustrating.[/QUOTE]
Wellā€¦ we do have a few people who are not fansā€¦ Mike P and KSU Fool are not exactly what you would call avid Niner fans. I guess you can add Orange Otto and fsquid to that list, but in a different classification.

Ottoā€™s a bigger fan than some of our ā€œfansā€ are. :tongue:

Yeah, it is frustrating.

But, this team is promising, which is more than we could say for the last couple of years. I really want to see the kind of players Dewhurst and Wilderness will become. I forgot how awesome it is to have great 4 year guys and watching them come along.

I also think Dijuan will be really solid by his senior year. Heck, even Gaby is going to be fun to watch. Hopefully he gets a firm grasp on the game.

two years from now, I think we are going to have a monster team, especially if big Phil becomes a monster. Gerrity, Dewhurst, Wilderness, Dijuan, Phil, and Gaby will have all been playing together for two seasons. We will have a monster team, in theory, and I hope it plays out that way.

But, there have been a lot of times over the last 5 or 6 years that things have been staying the same and not in a good way.

P.S. I just hate the holier than thou attitude some fans on both sides of our team seem to share.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;270885]P.S. I just hate the hollier than thou attitude some fans on both sides of our team seem to share.[/QUOTE]

iā€™m hollier than you are!!! lol jk

Good call.

BUSTED!

Canā€™t we wait until a little later into the season to start passing judgement?

I was as disappointed as anyone in the loss to Monmouth, but before the season started I think EVERYONE on here was expecting an early season disappointment to occur.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;270887]Good call.

BUSTED![/QUOTE]

i think the only thing i make fun of you about is the fact that you live in chapel hill area. i think you were the reason i joined NNN. i think you and scotty recruited me. i was a part of that party49ers.com website before NNN.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;270888]Canā€™t we wait until a little later into the season to start passing judgement?

I was as disappointed as anyone in the loss to Monmouth, but before the season started I think EVERYONE on here was expecting an early season disappointment to occur.[/QUOTE]

This is still one of the worst losses in program history.

I think everyone should be upset about it.

Itā€™s only truly condescending if you take any of it seriously. People get way too serious on the Internet. Iā€™m just playing around with you guys for the most part. I have nothing but love for anyone dedicated enough to UNCC to spend their free time on a message board about it. Well, except maybe sckā€¦ :slight_smile:

I do think older posters (of any message board) tend to leverage their arguments with their seniority when it isnā€™t always applicable, but itā€™s applicable rather often here, so Iā€™m cool with it. I get a little tired of all the macho posturing and ā€œWell, I waited in the COLD FOR 4 DAYS TO GET TICKETS TO SEE A 4-23 TEAM SO YOU CANā€™T POSSIBLY HAVE AN OPINION AS VALID AS MINE.ā€ And the Mandy Moore dissing. Come on, her new CD is awesome.

Well, I guess youā€™re just a condescending guy in general.

Itā€™s a good thing youā€™re here to point out everyoneā€™s flaws.

Aw, come on, Powerbait. Iā€™m just kidding around. Donā€™t take things so personally. I donā€™t even know you, so it would be pretty hard for me to be able to point out any of your flaws. Since you donā€™t have an easily recognizable avatar, I canā€™t even really recall what your posts are usually like. Pretty much all I know about you offhand is that your screename is ā€œPowerbait,ā€ so Iā€™d have to draw assumptions from that. Yeah, you totally LOVEā€¦fishing and weightlifting! Take that! :slight_smile:

www.diggerpa.com

before the season started I think EVERYONE on here was expecting an early season disappointment to occur.

In my opinion, that is one of the main problems. With Lutz, we always expect dissapointing losses. It happens too much, year in, and year out. I like the guy, but damn. I will keep rooting for this team, and going to as many games as I can. And while Lutz is our coach, I will continue to cheer him when he comes out of the locker room onto the floor, but we are in a vicious cycle with him as our coach, and it will not stop.

Iā€™m gonna go ahead and declare you the winner on this one. Theyā€™re not half bad. Are you connected to Digger in some way or are you just a fan?

Friends only be being a fan for years. They are defunct, and now Chris Benner has a new band that I like called Capitol Radio.

However, you endorsing a band I like on here might not be the best thing for me, haha.

Yeah, you better watch out. Next thing you know youā€™re gonna be buying the new Vanessa Carlton CD, which is below even MY standards. This coming from a guy who owns the CD debut of both O-Town and Aaron Carter.