Tramaine Pride

Tramaine made the trip and was elevated to the active roster because the team needed 10 players who could practice while in Pittsburgh. Shamari can’t travel; Dew didn’t travel because his surgery is Friday so they asked Shamarr if he would stay home and allow one of the walkon practice players to travel. Tramaine was the grand prize winner and will dress for tonight’s game.

Tramaine made the trip and was elevated to the active roster because the team needed 10 players who could practice while in Pittsburgh. Shamari can't travel; Dew didn't travel because his surgery is Friday so they asked Shamarr if he would stay home and allow one of the walkon practice players to travel. Tramaine was the grand prize winner and will dress for tonight's game.
any word if Church or Tramaine expected to get PT?
any word if Church or Tramaine expected to get PT?

Seriously?

lmao

Seriously?
you don't think Church could get PT? I think Bobby might give him a shot sometime. Who else? Coleman? I want a true PG.. not a thrown in create a PG. Someone who protects the ball. Dew wasn't a good created PG. I guess we'll try Coleman. I'm just saying when Harris goes out. Not worried about the offense of the guy for 5 or so minutes, just NOT TURNING THE BALL OVER.

So seriously? Yes. Curious to see what he can do.

you don't think Church could get PT? I think Bobby might give him a shot sometime. Who else? Coleman? I want a true PG.. not a thrown in create a PG. Someone who protects the ball. Dew wasn't a good created PG. I guess we'll try Coleman. I'm just saying when Harris goes out. Not worried about the offense of the guy for 5 or so minutes, just NOT TURNING THE BALL OVER.

So seriously? Yes. Curious to see what he can do.

Church wouldn’t even be a top PG in intramurals.

Church is on the team not because of his basketball ability.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;375118]Church wouldn’t even be a top PG in intramurals.

Church is on the team not because of his basketball ability.[/QUOTE]

amen. this Church getting meaningful PT is getting ridiculous.

QFT.

Church wouldn't even be a top PG in intramurals.

Church is on the team not because of his basketball ability.

QFTx2.

A good D1 sg or sf being forced into the pg spot (Coleman and Dew) is wayyy better than a true pg who was pretty good in high school but has no business getting serious D1 playing time.

[QUOTE=cibik02;375081]any word if Church or Tramaine expected to get PT?[/QUOTE]
As I noted in the Charlotte @ Duquesne game notes thread, DU has a walk-on who starts at guard and gets major minutes in the Dukes’ 8-player rotation. Same thing happened at GW last season after Travis King’s season-ending injury. So it does happen.

BTW, one last thing – since Tramaine isn’t a recruit, why is this thread in the Recruiting Forum? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=run49er;375132]BTW, one last thing – since Tramaine isn’t a recruit, why is this thread in the Recruiting Forum? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well, the thread started in mid-November - so Tramaine was certainly a recruit, then. It’s appropriate.

wowitsjashon 1
run49er 0

He is a WALK-ON he is not suppose to be amazing! Only sometimes due walk-on’s play and do well. However; Church is a good player and he would be the best PG in intramurals.

[QUOTE=unccball12;375173]He is a WALK-ON he is not suppose to be amazing! Only sometimes due walk-on’s play and do well. However; Church is a good player and he would be the best PG in intramurals.[/QUOTE]

I know that he’s a WALK-ON. That’s why it’s ridiculous for people to talk about him being our backup PG. He might light up the intramurals, but this is D1 basketball

I know that he's a WALK-ON. That's why it's ridiculous for people to talk about him being our backup PG. He might light up the intramurals, but this is D1 basketball

I agree

He is a WALK-ON he is not suppose to be amazing! Only sometimes due walk-on's play and do well. However; Church is a good player and he would be the best PG in intramurals.

A walk-on that is even discussed as being someone who should see minutes SHOULD be amazing to the average basketball player / fan.

He should be able to go play pick up games in the SAC and dominate. I never seen him play other than warm-ups, but I didn’t see that type of ability.

i know this goes back 20 years, but wake forest had a walk on back up point guard in 1989 (David Hedgeco) who was there on a baseball scholarship but he saw playing time when the regular back-up went down with an injury. All you need is a modest 5-6, minutes a game to be helpful. At this point, we may need to hold SAC tryouts again.:slight_smile:

I wonder if he looks like me.
edit: no matter, I can vicariously participate anyway.

Seems to me like Charlotte had a walk on once who did well enough to get a scholarship. Played piont guard, I think.

Seems to me like Charlotte had a walk on once who did well enough to get a scholarship. Played piont guard, I think.

That is a wayyyyy different case, and you know it. Church was brought in as a typical walkon, to ride the pine and help out in practice. Dijuan was brought in to contribute, they knew he would eventually get his scholarship and they knew he would play 20 mpg even with Gerrity.

God I HATE when people say, Ohhh but Dijuan was a walkon, that means Kyle Church could be just as good.
Wayyyyyyyy different scenarios.

/end rant

[QUOTE=Chisox17;375261]That is a wayyyyy different case, and you know it. Church was brought in as a typical walkon, to ride the pine and help out in practice. Dijuan was brought in to contribute, they knew he would eventually get his scholarship and they knew he would play 20 mpg even with Gerrity.

God I HATE when people say, Ohhh but Dijuan was a walkon, that means Kyle Church could be just as good.
Wayyyyyyyy different scenarios.

/end rant[/QUOTE]

Truth. :toast:

We have a pretty damn good walk-on point guard starting at the moment…