Trevin Parks - PG (2009)

Probably deserves his own thread if Bobby was watching him in person last week, it was being discussed in the Ninerreport.com thread. He’s 5’9" according to the article that mentions Lutz:

http://www.salisburypost.com/Sports/022409-South-boys

Some YouTube action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyxvTf8q1no

Probably not playing the toughest competition being in 3A HS, but he still looks like he shoots off of the dribble better than anyone on our team this year (with a couple of nifty dribble moves too). Googling will find a few links to other recent playoff games, he is usually the lead of the story, it looks like they advanced out of their region into the next round of the state playoffs. I also saw he scored 11 last year against Oak Hill going up against Brandon Jennings.

He doesn’t have a Scout or Rivals profile apparently, so he’s extremely under-the-radar (possible walk-on? who knows…). I wonder if it is going to come down to him or a JUCO…

In the video I’ve seen of him, it does not look as if he took a single shot from the left, or even drove to the left. Well… maybe he’s just strongest from the right, hence the highlights. Just an observation.

From a 3A preview in the Big O back in November…

[b]Boys Starting 5[/b]

Adam Hunt, Olympic, 6-2, Sr., G: All Queen City pick averaged 18 points, 5.3 rebounds last season.

Paul Larsen, Lake Norman, 6-6, Jr., F: All-conference, all-county star averaged 18 points, 12 rebounds and three steals.

Jacquise Moore, Concord, 6-1, So., G: Averaged 10.2 points, 3.8 steals and 2.4 assists last season. Looks to be another in a long line of great Spiders guards.

[b]Trevin Parks, Hickory, 5-9, Sr., G: All-Western Regional pick averaged 17.5 points, 4 assists and 1.7 teams.

K.J. Sherrill, West Rowan, 6-6, Sr., F: Averaged 21 points, 12 rebounds and 2.4 blocks; Charlotte commitment is a four-year starter.

Regional Favorites[/b]

Hickory boys: Star guard Trevin Parks returns with 6-7 sophomore Tyler Poole and 6-3 junior Jerry Schenck to try to repeat last season’s 27-4 record and N.C. 3A Western regional run.

Link: Charlotteobserver.com - 3A Basketball

Found another article that mentions Lutz being at the Hickory-South Rowan game…

With Charlotte head coach Bobby Lutz on hand to take a look, Parks finished with 32 points on 12-of-17 shooting from the field, including 5-of-8 from 3-point range.

While Lutz may have been impressed, Parks’ current head coach was hardly surprised by the effort.

“Trevin is as good as they come,” said Red Tornadoes head coach Shawn Johnson. "He just finds his way around the court and does whatever we ask him to do.

“People see the points, but they don’t realize all the other things he does, and he does his job to the best of his ability every night.”

Hickoryrecord.com: Parks leads HHS to second round

Ssshhhh! Marshall scouts will be policing the board. :wink:

5’9’’. Plays football as well. Saw an article said he has a ‘never say die attitude’. Reminds me of a current 9er.

He looks great from that video. I would love to have him on our team.

Lutz was also out to watch Parks lead his Hickory team against underdog Forestview.

Forestview won the matchup though, and as Parks had 19, another guard impressed as well in junior DeJuan Means from Forestview.

[URL]http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/forestview_31066___article.html/boys_hickory.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyxvTf8q1no[/URL]
Pretty sure he travels at :41 haha. Looks good tho. Definitely favors the right side, tho that may have been a result of the defense since that is all one game.

on that youtube clip he reminds me of Demon Brown

[QUOTE=metro;393208]on that youtube clip he reminds me of Demon Brown[/QUOTE]

I would take another Demon.

[QUOTE=metro;393208]on that youtube clip he reminds me of Demon Brown[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;397118]settle down betty. i didnt say i didnt like him. i just said that being an unranked player with zero scholarship offers doesnt exactly scream wow to me. i know what your say “harris was unranked.” he is more of the exception than the rule. i would rather land armstead or sanford.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;397121]Trevin was just named District 10 player of the year. Here is some footage. Again, I think he would be a good addition for the niners.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyxvTf8q1no[/URL][/QUOTE]

Parks put up 30+ in the 2008 regional semi-finals last year. He can score, and is very quick. He’s also the QB of their football team, and a pretty good one at that. He has good handles and is lethal with the 15’ pull-up. He’s not afraid to take the ball inside, either. I haven’t seen him play enough to evaluate all of his skills, but I know the kid can handle the ball and flat out score. He averaged 22 ppg this season according to NCPreps.

Anyone know if he is one of the 4 guards we are looking at, or not?

Anyone know if he is one of the 4 guards we are looking at, or not?

He is, but there is a solid chance he will come on as a walk-on. Which would be awesome, because it would leave the other two spots still open.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;397357]He is, but there is a solid chance he will come on as a walk-on. Which would be awesome, because it would leave the other two spots still open.[/QUOTE]

That would be great, and I don’t mean that as a slight to Trevin, because I think he would earn his scholarship quickly just as DeJuan did.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;397357]He is, but there is a solid chance he will come on as a walk-on. Which would be awesome, because it would leave the other two spots still open.[/QUOTE]

Is this suggesting he couldn’t get a scholarship someplace else?

[QUOTE=VA49er;397368]Is this suggesting he couldn’t get a scholarship someplace else?[/QUOTE]

maybe we are giving him the same opportunity we gave Dijuan.

He was recently named District 10 player of the year

[URL]http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/forestview_32284___article.html/ghent_team.html[/URL]

is this coming from a reliable source? it would be great to get a kid like this as a walk on.

[QUOTE=X-49er;397213]Parks put up 30+ in the 2008 regional semi-finals last year. He can score, and is very quick. He’s also the QB of their football team, and a pretty good one at that. He has good handles and is lethal with the 15’ pull-up. He’s not afraid to take the ball inside, either. I haven’t seen him play enough to evaluate all of his skills, but I know the kid can handle the ball and flat out score. He averaged 22 ppg this season according to NCPreps.

Anyone know if he is one of the 4 guards we are looking at, or not?[/QUOTE]

a QB and a PG. Hes a natural leader.

averaged 22 ppg this season.

The two highest scorers in the state were/are niner recruits. JT Terrell averaged just over 30 and Richmond averaged just under 30.