Tulsa Postgame

What?[/quote]
Well, between two evenly matched teams I can see his point.[/quote]
So THAT wasnt true 30 yr ago?[/quote]
Maybe, but kids today aren’t the same as 30 years ago.[/quote]

Correct. Those kids are now 50

The game last night just reminded me of the Pacino line…“Every time I try to get out…they pull me back in”

Here’s what I want to see going forward…Team showing intensity from opening tip to end of game…shouldn’t that be the rule rather than exception.

Coach going to press…and small lineup,occasionally

Thone holding onto the ball,or passing it out of post quickly

Pierria driving the hoop much more

And now…da da…my observation of the day…TWILL has become our smartest player…Who woulda thunk it!

I actually said that last night near the end of regulation. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

I thought Terrence played a great game last night but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I said see Henry because his sick length and footspeed combo. AA defender

If 5-11 d1 gaurd isnt stocky, ok wrong term. Imgram has no reach,
Extreme short armed

What?[/quote]

As a 40 something it’s easy for me to think that kids today aren’t as motivated as they were 30 years ago. That might just be me getting on in years and likely a fallacy. The big difference IMO is that the playing field is more even that it ever was. The “I want it more than the other guy” factor has always been there it just makes a much bigger difference today. I think it’s fair to say that we lost to one team this year with more talent than us. The other losses seemed to be cases of the other team wanting the W more.

What?[/quote]

Correct. Those kids are now 50[/quote]

lol. smartass.

I can’t believe we got some calls our way last night. When our guy walked the tight rope to avoid going out of bounds in the 1st half? He stepped out 3 times in front of the Ref with no call.
& the Announcer warned us 3 times not to throw stuff on the court. Usually a T comes after the 2nd time, & we never got T’ed up which would have lost for us in regulation.

[quote=“Card49, post:44, topic:28537”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:41, topic:28537”][quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28537”]I love love love Galen. His ally oops at UNC countless others were amazing. Top 3 fav player.

But he was pretty bad on air. Better than Lanny though.

I cant take Sweirad either. So Vanilla and blah.
Here is how to do college radio:
http://youtu.be/nipUMmd4Pk0[/quote]

Calling a football game and a basketball game are two completely different animals. Just saying.

Not to mention, you linked an ESPN/ABC national broadcast while we’re talking about local radio/tv/web stream. It should be light years better.[/quote]
No…that was usc local radio guy…vid is just synched to his voice. Matt Sweirad also does football. Paint drying is a blast compared to Swerad[/quote]

I’ll agree with you on Sweirad. You’re still taking an SEC’s color guy versus a CUSA color guy, he’ll probably be better, and probably gets paid more. I do love that you posted the color guy from your beloved USC though. Nice touch.

I’m with you. I sit in that same area and was pretty pissed about that. There was that kid, another kid in a duke sweatshirt, and some guy with another team’s shirt. On my way into campus it irked me that I had to let a kid wearing an NC State shirt use the crosswalk. Bad thoughts crossed my mind. I can tolerate the on campus stuff, but if you go to that arena you shouldn’t be sporting other logos or you can GTFO. Opposing fans I don’t get too upset about, but as soon as the game ends they can GTFO also.

As for the game I though the defense was ok in the first half and nonexistent in the second half. Lester is in a big funk and needs to figure out how to get out of it. I thought Thorne played with energy for a big part of the game, but probably a bit much energy. I liked him diving on the floor for loose balls, but thought he became a bit spastic when he tried to catch it down low. I think this is how I felt the team would play in the early part of the season instead of mid-season. We seem to have flipped those.

What?[/quote]

As a 40 something it’s easy for me to think that kids today aren’t as motivated as they were 30 years ago. That might just be me getting on in years and likely a fallacy. The big difference IMO is that the playing field is more even that it ever was. The “I want it more than the other guy” factor has always been there it just makes a much bigger difference today. I think it’s fair to say that we lost to one team this year with more talent than us. The other losses seemed to be cases of the other team wanting the W more.[/quote]
Its interesting discussion. We were Final 4 36 yr ago. As was San Francisco, utep, Centimary, etc.
So it was possible then.

If you wanted to try to validate your point you may make that stretch.

I actually said that last night near the end of regulation. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU[/quote]

I can vouch for Mr. Bo on this. It really does fit pretty well.

If you wanted to try to validate your point you may make that stretch.[/quote]

Two birds with one stone.

We led most of the game, we had a stretch where we couldn’t score a FG for 7:34 and they outscored us 21-7 during that stretch. Once Cherry hit that three to wake us and the team up, the rest of the game was a thing of beauty. We scored FGs on 9/10 possessions over the end of regulation and the beginning of OT. I like everyone else wish we could have that kind of intensity every possession. Maybe this will be the wake up call that Duquesne was last year, but with more than two games left to capitalize.

I completely agree about the App shirt guy and wondered why on earth we would choose individuals wearing other gear to participate on the video monitor…but…
That was my son that went to ask the guys if he could “dance” with them (and yes he was wearing green - huge (and loud) Niners fan). I was suprised he did it and wasn’t too shy but it was funny.

I’m with you. I sit in that same area and was pretty pissed about that. There was that kid, another kid in a duke sweatshirt, and some guy with another team’s shirt. On my way into campus it irked me that I had to let a kid wearing an NC State shirt use the crosswalk. Bad thoughts crossed my mind. I can tolerate the on campus stuff, but if you go to that arena you shouldn’t be sporting other logos or you can GTFO. Opposing fans I don’t get too upset about, but as soon as the game ends they can GTFO also.

As for the game I though the defense was ok in the first half and nonexistent in the second half. Lester is in a big funk and needs to figure out how to get out of it. I thought Thorne played with energy for a big part of the game, but probably a bit much energy. I liked him diving on the floor for loose balls, but thought he became a bit spastic when he tried to catch it down low. I think this is how I felt the team would play in the early part of the season instead of mid-season. We seem to have flipped those.[/quote]
Might be the worst post in NNN history. Hating on kids showing up in other schools gear? Be glad they showed. Agree they shoulnt be on dance cam.

Three things:

1. Thank them, on pace this yr for worst attendance in Halton history, by longshot. More walmart acc fans would be good thing to convert to uncc walmart fan
  2. Uncc has been irrelevant by its own faults and decisions since that “kid” was born. Why would he sport gear of school who hasnt accomplished anything in terms of major hoops or football?
  3. Our gear has been hard to buy, sure its a tad better but Dicks and Academy arent selling it city wide. Plus alot of it is hideous. Our online team store has items I woulndt give to Goodwill.

[quote=“Card49, post:76, topic:28537”]Might be the worst post in NNN history. Hating on kids showing up in other schools gear? Be glad they showed. Agree they shoulnt be on dance cam.

Three things:

1. Thank them, on pace this yr for worst attendance in Halton history, by longshot. More walmart acc fans would be good thing to convert to uncc walmart fan
  2. Uncc has been irrelevant by its own faults and decisions since that “kid” was born. Why would he sport gear of school who hasnt accomplished anything in terms of major hoops or football?
  3. Our gear has been hard to buy, sure its a tad better but Dicks and Academy arent selling it city wide. Plus alot of it is hideous. Our online team store has items I woulndt give to Goodwill.[/quote]

Why do you insist on having people rub your nose in the s*** you take in these threads?

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=21919.50

[font=tahoma][size=13px]I personally think we need a boooo-meter and the camera man could zoom in on these ACC jocksniffers, then let them have it.[/size][/font][font=tahoma][size=13px]I also like the idea of our PA making some sort of statement when he reads the rules at Halton, "fans we'd like to remind you no throwing objects on the court , no flash photography, and never ever wear ACC apparel to Halton, thank you enjoy the game"[/size][/font]

Don’t be too hard on the App State and NC State guys. They need someone to cheer for also.

As for the game I though the defense was ok in the first half and nonexistent in the second half. Lester is in a big funk and needs to figure out how to get out of it. I thought Thorne played with energy for a big part of the game, but probably a bit much energy. I liked him diving on the floor for loose balls, but thought he became a bit spastic when he tried to catch it down low. I think this is how I felt the team would play in the early part of the season instead of mid-season. We seem to have flipped those.[/quote]
Might be the worst post in NNN history. Hating on kids showing up in other schools gear? Be glad they showed. Agree they shoulnt be on dance cam.

Three things:

3. Our gear has been hard to buy, sure its a tad better but Dicks and Academy arent selling it city wide. Plus alot of it is hideous. Our online team store has items I woulndt give to Goodwill.[/quote]

There was a little kid sitting next to JFelt and I wearing a Kansas St sweatshirt and JFelt told him if he didn’t change into a 49ers sweatshirt at halftime he would kid his ass. His Grandfather bought him a 49er sweatshirt at Halftime and he took off the KState one. Crisis averted and we did have to take a chance on JFelt getting his ass kicked by a 6 yr old.

[quote=“Niner National, post:46, topic:28537”][quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28537”]I love love love Galen. His ally oops at UNC countless others were amazing. Top 3 fav player.

But he was pretty bad on air. Better than Lanny though.

I cant take Sweirad either. So Vanilla and blah.
Here is how to do college radio:
http://youtu.be/nipUMmd4Pk0[/quote]I thought he did alright considering it was his first time ever on the air. I hope he keeps doing it. If he gets better, great, if he doesn’t, it still beats having Matt do the broadcasts alone.[/quote]

Yeah, for a first game he was fine. It’s not have somebody with ties to the school on the broadcast.