Tulsa Postgame

[quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28537”]I love love love Galen. His ally oops at UNC countless others were amazing. Top 3 fav player.

But he was pretty bad on air. Better than Lanny though.

I cant take Sweirad either. So Vanilla and blah.
Here is how to do college radio:
http://youtu.be/nipUMmd4Pk0[/quote]

Calling a football game and a basketball game are two completely different animals. Just saying.

Not to mention, you linked an ESPN/ABC national broadcast while we’re talking about local radio/tv/web stream. It should be light years better.

[quote=“NLP49, post:39, topic:28537”][quote=“Card49, post:38, topic:28537”][quote=“2k, post:13, topic:28537”]Henry needs to be in attack game offensively from the opening tip, completely changes our dynamic. Our bigs really need to work on passing out, or dropping the ball down to the other big once doubled.

Ingram came up huge again, kudos to him, he’s obviously put in work to improve his game. No stars.[/quote]
David Scott had some imteresting observations after the game how Denzel and Cherry got scorched. Ingram is great kid but theres a game at both ends[/quote]

They were made on this board well in advance of David Scott. Davidson game in particular. He knows what he needs to do to be a good defender and he’ll put the work in. Hope he gets there.[/quote]
I was referenckng 2k “no stars” point. He was not recruited by larger schools because he has slow feet and short arms. See Henry. Not much ceiling with Ingram for def. Dell Curry comes to mind. He squezed blood from a stone to get better on Mostly anticipating pass lanes,but he is 6-5. Denzel is like Kedric Smith is late 90s.

[quote=“Card49, post:38, topic:28537”][quote=“2k, post:13, topic:28537”]Henry needs to be in attack game offensively from the opening tip, completely changes our dynamic. Our bigs really need to work on passing out, or dropping the ball down to the other big once doubled.

Ingram came up huge again, kudos to him, he’s obviously put in work to improve his game. No stars.[/quote]
David Scott had some imteresting observations after the game how Denzel and Cherry got scorched. Ingram is great kid but theres a game at both ends[/quote]It is played at both ends and we were not very good defensively (again). Both those guys hit huge shots when it counted that got us back in the game and then in OT to give us the lead.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:41, topic:28537”][quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28537”]I love love love Galen. His ally oops at UNC countless others were amazing. Top 3 fav player.

http://youtu.be/nipUMmd4Pk0[/quote]

Calling a football game and a basketball game are two completely different animals. Just saying.

Not to mention, you linked an ESPN/ABC national broadcast while we’re talking about local radio/tv/web stream. It should be light years better.[/quote]
No…that was usc local radio guy…vid is just synched to his voice. Matt Sweirad also does football. Paint drying is a blast compared to Swerad

It was also Galen’s first time being on the air doing color.

[quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28537”]I love love love Galen. His ally oops at UNC countless others were amazing. Top 3 fav player.

http://youtu.be/nipUMmd4Pk0[/quote]I thought he did alright considering it was his first time ever on the air. I hope he keeps doing it. If he gets better, great, if he doesn’t, it still beats having Matt do the broadcasts alone.

Kedric Smith was garbage on the court and an even bigger asshole off the court. Denzel has his issues on defense but he’s light years better than Kedric offensively.

Shawn didn’t have the greatest game offensively, but he still showed some serious effort at the end, especially on rebounds. I’d like to see him take it to the hoop more and draw fouls. Sometimes getting a chance to shoot FTs can bring a shooter to life.

Ingram is going to get better, he is well spoken and talked about spending hours in the gym working on his game and now it’s paying off. Galen gave him a talk on the postgame show about showing intensity every minute of every game, hopefully he gets to speak to the whole team cause its what we need.

I completely agree about Henry, he needs to drive the lane until the defense adjusts to shut it down. Once he drove a few times they started collapsing, opening up shooters on the arc (and we can hit the shots now!).

Can’t remember a time where we had 5 guards on the floor by design.

Blakely didn’t look completely lost in the first and Bryan had a nice feed to Clayton in the second.

All-in-all, I was happy to see the team play with intensity and effort again. Just need to see it for 40 minutes. Or at least 35.

What a win! I am very proud of the team for not giving up. That took guts…

Also, have we recruited a true pg for next year? I absolutely love our back court, but none of them are real PGs. Our team seriously needs to work on passing and holding on to the ball in the offseason.

[quote=“NLP49, post:47, topic:28537”]Kedric Smith was garbage on the court and an even bigger asshole off the court. Denzel has his issues on defense but he’s light years better than Kedric offensively.[/quote]And Denzel is the exact opposite of an asshole off the court.

I liked the fact that Lester out-jumped Tulsa’s center at the start of overtime.

Ingram and Kedric Smith comparable athletic wise. Stocky and slow lateral movement. Again, Denzel is great kid. He is best interview on team

Great finish and another great come back along the lines of Georgia Tech with a better outcome. This team can be tenacious when it wants to be. College basketball is becoming more and more a game of “who wants it more?”

This Niner team has amazing talent and it’s just a matter of putting some tenacity behind it. I really hope Major begins to understand that his passion for the game can make a huge impact if he communicates it effectively and with some intensity.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/16/4618469/charlotte-49ers-90-tulsa-86-in.html

What?

What?[/quote]
Well, between two evenly matched teams I can see his point.

What?[/quote]
Well, between two evenly matched teams I can see his point.[/quote]
So THAT wasnt true 30 yr ago?

That C might possibly be the worst starting player in CUSA.

Interesting. I would not describe Denzel as stocky or Henry as short armed.

What?[/quote]
Well, between two evenly matched teams I can see his point.[/quote]
So THAT wasnt true 30 yr ago?[/quote]
Maybe, but kids today aren’t the same as 30 years ago.