TV Binging Thread šŸ“ŗ

Iā€™ve read the series and havenā€™t been able to get pas the first couple episodes. I want to like it, but canā€™t get past how much I loved the books.

1 Like

I can understand that, I havenā€™t read the books. But I will say that one of the bookā€™s authors is heavily involved in writing scripts and producing the t.v. show. So in that regard, the shows do keep the spirit of the novels present, even if heā€™s condensed things and altered some parts to better fit t.v.

Watch Shameless!

Mare of Easttown is holding up so far.

I tried Jupiterā€™s Legacy and gave up after 1 episode. Seemed derivative of Watchmen and The Boys, but not as good.

Nothing else new is appealing so far. May have to check out some older recs.

One that I forgot was Defending Jacob on Apple TV. If youā€™re on there to watch Ted Lasso, check that one out too. Itā€™s not bad. Lasso is still the best thing on there though. Iā€™ve never met anyone who didnā€™t like it.

Loving Mare of Easttown so far

1 Like

Some counterpoint on Mare of Easttown (If I may)?

The truth is, I really like the showā€¦ But am I the only one who feels like several times recently it has drifted into soap opera land for a bit too long?

I just like it when they stay a little more focused on the case. I know we need backstory on these folks, but I have to admit my attention has drifted occasionally.

Okay, Mare is finally starting to tie up some threads. Series finale next week.

Spoiler warning :warning::warning::warning:

I think John killed Erin. I think his little brother Billy (Iā€™m so bad with these names) was probably blackout drunk / high at the lake and just thinks he did it.

This is a must see. 2hr Binge

3 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to Sweet Tooth.

I think I have given up on season 2. Badass series

Mare of Easttown was a bit of a letdown after a strong start.

Contrary opinion on Mare. I thought it was fantastic throughout and I think they stuck the landing. I actually felt legitimate emotion at the end.

Still loving Money Heist. The show has plot holes a mile wide, characters doing unbelievable things and yet I find it really fun.

Carnivals Row is really good. I want a 2nd season

I agree on both counts. Looking forward to the last season of Money Heist.

If any podcast listeners out there the creator and writer of Mare and Kate Winslet were on successive podcasts of the Watch on the Ringer Network

Happy Italian GIF

clt says we need more keely

PC Gamer: Finally, the first trailer for season 2 of The Witcher is here.

1 Like

Watched Ep1 of Loki and to my dismay it was a convoluted mess. Stinks too because he was one of my favorite characters and I was looking forward to this series.

So far on Disney+

WandaVision was great.
Falcon and Winter Soldier was watchable.
Loki is abominable.

A little worried with the trend there haha.

Just rapidly finished 3 Seasons of The Musketeers on Amazon. Enjoyed it.