TV Binging Thread šŸ“ŗ

The Defeated on Netflix

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81424068

Pretty close to a perfect recommendation for Man in the High Castle fans. Lots of similar vibes, though the story is more realistic.

2 Likes

Obi Wan series production has wrapped.

Foundation (aka why you wonā€™t cancel Apple+ after Ted Lasso season ends) starts streaming this Friday the 24th:

(Iā€™m here for it). The Venn diagram of Foundation and Dune fans should be pretty much a single circle.

Wheel of Time (due November 19th on Amazon) put out a teaser, which as a book fan I can tell you is heavy on some new content not in the books and light on anything past the first couple of episodes. Expect a full trailer with more about the male characters in October.

For anyone who wants a non-spoilery idea what this show is about, maybe check out this fan made video:

Sex/Life on Netflix

Please donā€™t F this upā€¦

Iā€™ve been watching Foundationā€¦ So far, mixed bag. I think this is a really difficult story to tell since it isnā€™t character focused.

clt recommends an unknown show, ted lasso

1 Like

Started Upload on Amazon. I though the first episode was excellent. Had comedy, drama, sci-fi all mixed in. The follow up episodes(2-4) were a little bit of a let down. But Iā€™m going to stick it out.

1 Like

This is an older show but new to me. Really enjoyed binging Glow on Netflix the last couple weeks. I hate they cancelled it due to the pandemic.

Not a show, but just watched Old Henry; a badass movie

Canā€™t believe no oneā€™s mentioned Squid Game yet.

Watched it. Very weird but oddly addictive. Ending sucked imo. Get on the plane and go see your kid!

Like so many people, I binged Squid Game and really enjoyed it. Iā€™m now finishing up season 6 of Lucifer. Iā€™ve really enjoyed that show as well.

Iā€™m telling yā€™all watch Sex/Life.

Watch it with your significant other, you might get lucky.

You can thank me laterā€¦

I bailed on squid game about halfway through. Like I have been doing with most series lately. None of them are really holding my interest. Even Foundation got boring quickly.

I really like Squid Game. Heck, my teenagers told me about it which is the reason I started watching. Granted, the amount of violence was shocking at first, but after I got used to that I like the story and societal commentary. It also had a nice twist at the end.

Wheel of Time is starting its marketing pushā€¦ Daily short character teasers now. I can link to the tweets but not directly to the videos. Youā€™ll have to click the links to see them:

Shadowspawn:

Logain:

I am going to have so much egg on my face if this show sucks. This is me in Uber nerd form though. I read these books in college (20 years ago) and again right before Covid. I want so bad for this to be good. Probably too much.

Iā€™m curious how it looks to less biased viewersā€¦

(Hint, look very very closely, thereā€™s a decapitation in one of themā€¦ See if you can spot it)

Is Amazon going to continue supporting wheel of time now that they own the rights to the Tolkein IP? Iā€™ll be shocked if they donā€™t let WOT fade away with little fanfare unless itā€™s a big hit.

Donā€™t get me wrong nothing against WOT. Never read it and I personally think they were insane to pay so much for IP that had been so thoroughly mined already. I think that investment is going to be one of the worst mistakes in entertainment history.

Well they are spending somewhere north of $100 million for season 1 of WoT (8 episodes) and have already greenlit season 2 before season 1 even airs (itā€™s already shooting), so no. I donā€™t think theyā€™re going to let it fade.

The per episode budget is starting at or higher than GoT worked itself up to. And they hired some really top notch character actorsā€¦ Rosamund Pike is headlining, but Alavaro Morte (Money Heist) is also in a major role. Not that well known here, but he is a apparently an international star. Someone said his Instagram has 12 million followers, which sounded like a lot to me.

Fingers crossed it works. Iā€™m all for more genre Content. I lean more towards the comic and science fiction myself but I did get into game of thrones and loved all the Tolkien movies.

There is a book series out there called rivers of London that could be a huge hit if adapted correctly and itā€™s fantasy. I read that Simon Pegg and Nick Frosts production company has it and they have already placed something on Amazon already so expect that in a few years. If donā€™t right, it will hit I think.