TV Binging Thread šŸ“ŗ

Interesting and thorough discussion about this show for anyone curious. This is a big production.

Probably only posting to / for myselfā€¦ But holy crap this looks great:

Canā€™t wait. Donā€™t get excited for much anymore regarding TV and film new releases, but Iā€™m really looking forward to this one. If theyā€™re 1/2 as good as the books, it will be awesome.

1 Like

So many spoilers. That one scene in the snowā€¦ I canā€™t believe they filmed that. And they still havenā€™t even shown the Prologueā€¦

Dune.

While I was out sick the other week I binged the final three seasons of Lucifer. Great show in Netflix if anyone is interested.

This is surprisingly good / accurate. Someone at Watch Mojo has read the books. Good primer along with the trailer and the IGN video with director Rafe Judkins.

Squid Game. Awesome so far.

Also just finished The Spy on Netflix which was excellent.

Damnit, every little teaser they put out is better 5han the lastā€¦

The problem with adaptations to me usually isnā€™t what they change but what parts they choose to leave out. This is another example that they are keeping as much as they can. Iā€™m so encouraged.

Maybe some folks who arenā€™t fans now will read this months from now and understand why I was so verklempt.

Station Eleven is looking good to me. I read the book and look forward to the show.

Companion series announced called Wheel of Time Origins. Looks to be a series of shorts to explain the admittedly complicated (but very cool!) history of the world. If you are interested in the show but intimated by not knowing the backstory, this looks like it was made for you.

Any opinions on Lost in Space on Netflix? Never really took a look at it, but was considering picking it up and watching it with my 11 year old

Itā€™s pretty well done, but the story seemed to be open endedā€¦ Family kinda lost interest in season 2. Iā€™ve heard it gets better though.

Iā€™m kinda biased on these streaming series. I want them to have some bigger narrative arc with a planned ending. Burnt out on premise plus weekly episode that never resolves the premise. Very picky stance to take.

I can see you liking it FWIW. 11 year old is probably its sweet spot demo.

Thatā€™s exactly why my wife an I have a hard time agreeing on seriesā€™ to watch together. She likes the weekly, neatly wrapped up ending. I like the cliffhanger.

Itā€™s why I couldnā€™t get into Blacklist and Longmire. After about 4 episodes of Blacklist I was no longer interested on waiting to see if he was her father, get it over with already.

Can recommend Valley of Tears on HBO Max. If you like historical war stories this will be your thing.

Lost in Space is decent, good family series.

First 15 minutes of Yellowstone, wow.

Recently discovered ā€œThe Expanseā€ on Amazon Prime. Almost through the first season and really enjoying it. If anyone likes SCI-FI I recommend checking this one out.

I think season 6 drops next month. It gets a little slow in spots but overall very good. When it gets slow, just power through

I havenā€™t watched it since it moved to Prime but enjoyed it on SyFY, enjoyed it as well.