TV Binging Thread šŸ“ŗ

Interesting. I started the book and was having a hard time with it in audio form. Iā€™ve planned to go back to it and I guess I better get on it

Anyone watching Silo?

Iā€™ve pretty much hunkered down with watching Top Gear (Old trio of Clarkson/Hammond/May). It seems every season and many of the specials are all on Pluto TV, for free. I damn near give myself a stomach ache from laughing so hard.

The Grand Tour is the same show concept (same presenters) and is on Amazon Prime. The Top Gear show, as I like it, ended a couple years ago when Clarkson apparently punched a producer and was forced to leave the BBC. The other two cohosts left with him and then got paid A LOT by Amazon.

For anyone interested, the latest The Grand Tour special was just released on Amazon Prime. Itā€™s called Eurocrash and is hilarious, imo.

Freevee (Amazonā€™s free ā€œliveā€ TV app included in Prime Video app, which you donā€™t need Prime to watch), has a dedicated TOP GEAR station. Thatā€™s all it shows. Itā€™s wonderful if you are a fan, aside from showing some episodes of the current TG lineup (which is crap).

I am a diehard TG fan. Just watched a new video of Richard and James messing around with one of Jeremyā€™s more ridiculous cars on YouTube this week. They do a lot of stuff on YT as well, including their ā€œDriveTribeā€ channel, which admittedly has been a total money hole for them.

I hate that they are all getting older - probably too old to do the show anymore. You simply cannot recreate the chemistry those 3 have. Itā€™s TV magic. I would damn near watch them read the phone book.

That said there at least 15 or 16 amazing seasons of TG and some decent seasons of The Grand Tour to relive anytime I need a fix. Thereā€™s really no substitute.

Closest thing I have seen is Throttle House on YouTube. But as good as that is, it just isnā€™t the same. They simply donā€™t do all the crazy challenges and road trip specials. And while their chemistry is solid, there are only 2 of them, and they do not prank and hassle each other the way the big 3 always do. I think they could expand their show with some of that stuff, but the lawyers would probably get involved and ruin it.

1 Like

Freevee can also be downloaded as a separate app. It has streaming options as well as ā€˜liveā€™ T.V. channels. It is the home of the Leverage reboot (if you havenā€™t watched original run, it is excellent), as well as a few other originals. It was originally IMDB TV but has always been integrated with Amazon Prime as long as I have been using it.

1 Like

I just watched the YoutTube video where May and Hammond drive Clarksonā€™s car around the old Grand Tour track. It was pretty good. That car is the car Clarkson was driving in the new ā€œEurocrashā€ special. Iā€™m hoping theyā€™ll do a couple more road trip specials seeing as they arenā€™t doing the studio audience shows any more.

clt says grand tour visited north wilkesboro

Thatā€™s the video I watched.

Isnā€™t the Eurocrash special the one where they start out in Norway or some place snowy like that?

If so, I saw that one a while back.

I hate that they are only doing 1 or 2 specials a year now. I miss them doing weekly challenges and test driving new cars around their track. The studio bits were decent too.

Yep, thatā€™s the episode the mayor or whoever that was was dancing. Clarkson likes to make fun of Americans, and that dude played right into his hands.

1 Like

No, Eurocrash just starting airing this week I believe. Itā€™s the latest special. They travel through Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia.

Just started Happy Valley season 3.

Just as good as the first two seasons.

If you all like a good cop show and donā€™t mind British TV this is one of the better shows you will find. I highly recommend you give it a shot.

The final season of Jack Ryan on Prime has started. Iā€™ve seen the first two episodes but still trying to figure out whatā€™s going on.

I stumbled upon ā€œThe Witcherā€ on Netflix this past weekend. Iā€™ve got through three episodes on season one and am enjoying it so far. Itā€™s basically a GoT, but with magic, and not as good as GoT.

The first season is decent overall. Goes downhill fast in season 2. Season 3 has a lot of controversy behind it because the show runner ran Henry Cavill off and minimized his role in the show. He wonā€™t be around for season 4.

Iā€™ve read about the controversy. Apparently, Liam Hemsworth is replacing Cavill in season 4.

Thatā€™s going to be a tough (impossible?) act to follow. Cavill was born to play Geralt.

1 Like

My wife was watching Witcher. I happened to walk by and she explains to me that "I am no Henry Cavill!!"as she made some type of primal evolutionary sigh/ gruntā€¦WTFā€¦LOLā€¦Thanks!

lucious lyon wtf GIF

What makes it worse is that he was a fat kid who got picked on. And then he almost missed out on getting the Superman gig because he was too busy playing World of Warcraft to answer the phone.

So yeah, he was fat and still is a huge nerd.

I think as far as my wife is concerned, that means there are no excuses for me.

Heā€™s worse than the curve wrecker in your calculas class.

For those who might be interested, you can watch Shadow of a Wheel, the four-part documentary, on the PBS App. The first episode airs tonight at 9:30pm EST. This is the documentary Paul Bonesteel produced this past year. Paul was a fellow teenage rider (31 NC teens and 5 adult chaperones) that completed the 3,600mi coast-to-coast bicycle trip in 1982, transiting 16 states over 56-days, all to raise money for the National MS Society. All led by Chuck Williford, who died later that year in a tragic plane crash.

For everyone who doesnā€™t live in NC, you can see the Shadow of a Wheel, 4 part documentary series on the PBS App. The first episode airs tonight at 9:30pm eastern time.

And anyone anywhere in the USA can go to PBS.com and watch! Episode 1 is available for streaming right now.

My Station :arrow_right: Change Station to PBS NCā€‹:+1:.

Here is the complete schedule for the 4 part series:

2 Likes

its always sunny in philadelphia wave GIF