TV Binging Thread 📺

Based on recent developments, Welcome to Wrexham season 2 is gonna be freaking great. Cannot wait.

Cool. Had completely forgotten the big match was today. Glad to see Wrexham pulled it out. Now they are three points up with a game in hand with four matches to play. They just need to NOT to drop the ball.

1 Like

A great series of short stories. Typical disclaimer: if it’s true to the book, awesome. If not, run away.

1 Like
1 Like

Has the story been finished? In other words, could it be like GoT where it’s really good and then runs out of source material, etc?

Yes and no.

He says he has 3 more stories to write (of 6) in the series, BUT each one of the stories is self contained and therefore satisfying.

It’s a very different writing style than GoT / ASOIAF is written in. It’s much less expansive… More like HOTD in terms of scope. The stories are confined to a few characters and very specific locations and one main plot without much in the way of any side plots. Also if you’re reading it’s much more of a casual storyteller style, in much simpler language.

It’s a bit of a spoiler but it’s written very much like a Forrest Gump in Westeros origin story. And like the FG movie, it sees the main character at several phases of his life, basically doing his own thing amidst the backdrop of big world events that GRRM mentioned many times in the history references in the GoT story. If he never writes another one of them, it will be like if FG ends after he gets his shrimpin boat business off the ground. Not the whole story but still pretty satisfying.

It’s really a very charming story. You can’t help but like the main character. Its like a light desert to GoT being a heavy 7 course meal.

Best thing is, GRRM will be writing as well as exec producing, so the scripts should get his treatment, which means much better dialogue and character development. Plus each of these first 3 stories are done.

Each of those stories could be a short season. There’s no way to break them up any other way. There are time gaps between them.

Anyone seen “Barry” on HBO(Max)? It’s Bill Hader as a depressed, low-rent hitman from the Midwest. that reluctantly travels to Los Angeles to execute a hit on an aspiring actor while at the same time deciding to take an acting class. I’ve seen the first two episode and plan of seeing the series through. So far, so good.

I will be watching it eventually. Ive seen a lot of praise for the first couple of seasons, but there was an opinion article that this final season may be too dark.

Seen the first two seasons. Very good.

Delayed on the other seasons due to other shows but will get back to it.

Season 2 (I think it was 2) has an incredible action scene in a supermarket.

It is a great show. We love it.

We just started the Sinner on Netflix. Really liked the first season, and second season has been good so far.

1 Like

Watched the first couple of episodes of Beef and it’s entertaining.

Anyone watch the first season of Sweet Tooth? 2nd season is finally coming out the 27th.

This was a great show, well done

As usual, nails it.

SW has been an absolute clusterf**k since Disney took over. It just gets worse and worse.

Damn. After not reading anything ahead of time, just totally based off of watching the episodes, I thought episode 6 was the finale for Succession. Instead, there are 4 more. While I wasn’t ecstatic with Ep 6 being the finale, I could live with it. I’m now afraid they’ll totally F it up.

Love this series. Looking forward to season 3

3 Likes

Been curious about this one for a while. Meant to read the book(s) but hadn’t gotten around to it. Supposed to be really good.