TWC - ORDERED THEY MUST CARRY MASN & THE NINERS! BIG TV NEWS!

So anyone know when MASN will officially be added to TWC?

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;286978]Does anyone know if MASN is going to carry the Niners next year, or will it be a worthless channel to me like ESPNU & CSTV?[/QUOTE]
Letā€™s not forget this, MASN was first established to televise Baltimore and Washington baseball games, any other programming is secondary. They are heavy into airing Virginia collegeiate teams. They are doing 4 Big South games, all with a Virginia flavor: Liberty at Winthrop, Winthrop at Radford, VMI at UNC Asheville and VMI at Liberty.

Our Hofstra game was shown because the CAA has a contract with MASN. They are picking up several locally produced UNC Wilmington games to air. The UMass game was their only MASN contest. MASN is showing a couple of ESPN Regional games.

I hate to say it but I donā€™t think youā€™ll see a large dose of 49ers games on MASN unless something happens with the CSTV contract.

I hate to say it but I don't think you'll see a large dose of 49ers games on MASN unless something happens with the CSTV contract.

Hey, MASN shows 4 times more Niners games then any other network!!

If MASN knows they will be in the Charlotte market they will show more games in future!

We would not have any control over conference games initially. MASN might pick up an A-10 game thatā€™s on ESPN Regional, but CSTV would get first pick of games. As for MASN carrying non-conference games, it would likely have to be against someone in the region, otherwise theyā€™re not interested. Something else to considerā€¦ do you want home games televised all the time when you;re not selling out the building. Yes, if you are living out of town, but that doesnā€™t get butts in the seats.

Doesnā€™t really help a lot of us out because we will be at the home games. I only care about the away games. As far as getting national attention games, Iā€™m not counting on MASN, itā€™ll still be the ESPN2 and ESPNU. But more televised games on whatever channel will help spark local public interest, as long as people KNOW it is being televised (like the CH. 9 games I think) ā€¦ put it on the TV Guide.

Judy should work out something that all non-televised away games be on the Niner Channel or something.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;287366]Judy should work out something that all non-televised away games be on the Niner Channel or something.[/QUOTE]

QFT! I hate turning it past that channel during an untelevised away game to see some British PBS crap. I like that we are finally putting more Charlotte programming on there, but it has room to grow.

Time Warner loses their appeal with another arbitrator but now will appeal to the FCC, taking at least three months.

[URL=http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/1102432.html][B][U]Arbiter rules for MASN[/U][/B][/URL], Raleigh News & Observer

Well, if MASN doesnā€™t make your cable bill go upā€¦ the high price for these all these appeals will! Sheesh! What costs more, the court costs for all this arbitration and subsequent appeals, or just adding the freaking channel???

Can anyone explain to me why the FCC has any say over whether TWC carries MASN or not? It's Ted Turner's company so why doesn't he have the final say?

This also feels similar to congress and the NFL. Iā€™d been told that congress was putting pressure on the NFL because of the NFL network and them showing a big game on there or something. Why does the NFL have to listen to congress when they are just doing business? They donā€™t really have a monopoly it seems, they just are the only profootball organization people care about. There was the XFL at one time but people just didnā€™t care about it.

Ah, I see what you mean. How does that give the FCC the right to regulate TWC's trasmissions though? That's like saying the Port Authority can regulate how a company sells cod just because it was brought in through their harbour.

Iā€™m curious what your opinions are on Microsoft and anti-trust regulation?

Nearly 4 years later and still no MASN.