Tyler Lewis Transferring to Butler

Tyler Lewis will DEFINITELY transfer within another year. He’s a smart player and a good passer,but the high D-1 game shows all his weaknesses…slow and physically overmatched and a liability on defense.

I wish him well,maybe he’d rather just be an off-the-bench guy on an NCAA team than other things.I’ve seen him since his soph. year at H.S. and he’s playing against a WHOLE different caliber of teams now.When you watch him in his limited minutes,it does look like a high school kid playing with the “big kids”

A frosh PG a third of the way through the season…geez.

5’10 freshmen point guard sounds hard… Unless they’re Denzel Ingram, I guess.

[quote=“eason49, post:63, topic:26946”]5’10 freshmen point guard sounds hard… Unless they’re Denzel Ingram, I guess.[/quote] ;D !!!

[quote=“Powerbait, post:62, topic:26946”]A frosh PG a third of the way through the season…geez.[/quote]Just my opinion. This is a board to share opinions…right? I’m not tearing the kid down,just stating what I think the future brings.

Time will tell.

A highly rated highly recruited decorated frosh PG getting less than 7 mins per game, f you take the Norfolk St game out. If he hadn’t been so highly recruited, talked about and decorated then no one would be surprised that he is struggling in the minutes he does get. Generally speaking when you see recruits get that type of treatment you expect them to be able to step in quicker and look better. Is that TL’s fault? No - but thats the way the world is. If Martin Iti had not been labeled as the #1 center by a few publications most people here would think he was fine. He was a failure against the expectations. At this point I would say the same about TL. People expected more of him, right or wrong.

There are lots of highly recruited players that struggle and we don’t tear them down. This seems very petty.

Most we haven’t been recruiting since they were in middle school.

Which is why it is petty.

Bringing this up is not meant to be petty, as he is not the type of guard who would have lasted under coach AM anyways. However, we consistently get beat out by ACC teams when they come in late on a recruit and steal them from us with the allure of the ACC mystique. Our only argument against this is the amount of playing time they can receive with us versus the larger schools with higher recruits. Maybe it is sour grapes to a degree, but it does take away the sting when the recruits have to live the future we foretold. I wish Tyler only the best, although I wish State, Virgina, Clemson, and all those other school that beat us out on recruits nothing but hardship. Pointing these trends out is our best chance of having players make the choice to come here, especially with the history of our program since moving to the A10.

We have no idea how Tyler Lewis would have worked out here. His family has been very supportive of our program. I’m sorry he didn’t want to play here, but it worked out for us in landing Denzel.

All true.

Not happy at NC State. Lorenzo Brown is supposedly going Pro but that doesn’t change anything. I’m sure Lutz was a big part of getting him there. Maybe we have a shot at getting him here. His Dad has been feeling around to see who has a spot for him for a few months now.

Id take him in a second

I’ve heard this rumor the last few weeks.Rodney Purvis also may be looking to land somewhere else.I would take them both in a heartbeat.Will just have to wait and see how this all plays out in Raleigh.

Speculation or is this “out” now with the Pack crowd?

I have been saying that I thought he would leave but it was just speculation on my part.

Who’s he going to get time from? Not Henry, and probably not much from Ingram. He’s a liability on defense. If we were in dire straits for a PG, I wouldn’t mind having him, but we aren’t.

I didn’t think so at first but he would be an upgrade on Ingram. I think Ingram can get better but Lewis is better right now. I was wrong earlier in the year.

I don’t see anything definitive. I could see it happening, but I’ll wait for a news source.

The thought that we are chock full of talent and can be picky still confounds me… We have holes, several… Adding another pg is not the worst thing we could do. Especially since his Soph’s year will be PH’s Sr year.