Tyree Evans - 2008 SG

Im suprised know one has made a thread up about him yet. I believe that we are recruiting him and that he was in the house for the Wake Forest game.

I understand that he was originally a signing on Cincy but then was charged with rape and his now playing in junior college. Im not to sure about all the details but i think the rape charged was dropped.
It would be good if we could get this guy considering he wants to come here and he would be a good replacment for Leemire. Im sure Lutz and Co would do there homework and would not bring him here if he was gunna be a cancer.

What are your thoughts?

There has already been a lot of discussion on here about Evans.

[QUOTE=Basden05;285269]. Im sure Lutz and Co would do there homework and would not bring him here if he was gunna be a cancer.

What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Yep, You can count on Lutz. There have been no cancers here. .

if this guy is not a bad guy i say sign him up. hes a big time scorer which is what we are going to need next year. but if this guy does want to come here then lutz needs to lay down the law early.

Is this one of those times when I'm supposed to cough while saying "Carlos"?
Is this one of those times when I'm supposed to cough while saying "Carlos"?

I was going to go with MeAngelo, but Carlos works just as well…

sarcasm noted.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;285656]Is this one of those times when I’m supposed to cough while saying “Carlos”?[/QUOTE]

:lmao: That was a different kind of problem. That was more like a source of a missing appendage rather than cancer. This guy has a criminal background.

This is the first time in a while we haven’t had anyone with a questionable past.

Yeah, there has been a few under Lutz, but this guy, I would consider more like AIDS. We haven’t had AIDS before. Rape man, rape. Even if that one got dropped, didn’t he assault a kid or something? Most people deserve second chances, but damn.

You’re pathetic and that post is pathetic. You have your PMs turned off and you drop in time to time and do drive by’s anonymously. Put your real name out on the line- like 75% of the rest of the regular posters have, or else you’re just a coward cheapshot artist in a basement somewhere.

Even the toughest Lutz critic should not make a statement like that. Why don’t you donate a few hundred Gs a year so we could recruit nationwide and maybe he wouldn’t have to roll the dice every now and then on a prospect.

I agree we have had some characters here (last year) but its not like we always get our first choice, nor has it been intentional as you infer. I suspect you have no idea how things really work in realtime.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;285655]if this guy is not a bad guy i say sign him up. hes a big time scorer which is what we are going to need next year. but if this guy does want to come here then lutz needs to lay down the law early.[/QUOTE]

I am sure he is a fine kid. Rape and assualt on a child are simple errors in judgement anyone can make.
The fact that Bobby Huggins and Kansas State wouldn’t allow him to play there shouldn’t reflect badly on the youngster.

I am sure he is a fine kid. Rape and assualt on a child are simple errors in judgement anyone can make. The fact that Bobby Huggins and Kansas State wouldn't allow him to play there shouldn't reflect badly on the youngster.

sarcasm noted.

[QUOTE=metro;285673]You’re pathetic and that post is pathetic. You have your PMs turned off and you drop in time to time and do drive by’s anonymously. [/QUOTE]

Try my pm now, friend. Us drive bys don’t always set everything up.

A sampling from the internet…

Allegations against University of Cincinnati men’s basketball signee Tyree Evans have been made in Massachusetts, charging him with statutory rape and indecent assault from an incident last October. Evans, a 6-3 guard from Richmond, Va., played this past season at The Winchendon School, a private prep school in Massachusetts.

CollegeHoopsNet.com

The news hit earlier this month that Tyree Evans, a talented, yet allegedly troubled young man from Virginia, had made a verbal commitment to K-State. When Huggins was coach at Cincinnati, Evans planned to join the team in 2004 but was denied because of grades.

Upon arriving at K-State, Huggins immediately wanted to bring Evans to Manhattan, but Evans’ questionable background, which included a statutory rape charge, slowed the process. Prior to the case being decided, Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Tim Weiser said the Wildcats were no longer interested in pursuing Evans.

KStateCollegian.com

Let’s not get started on Tyree Evans, who, despite Kevin Kietzman’s yammering apologetics, has been charged with Statutory Rape (along with three others) and indecent assault. Yes, he and three other guys and one girl. Statutory rape and indecent assault. Missed those merit badges while you were a Boy Scout?

PhogBlog.com

Tyree Evans’ story is reasonably well known by now: a Bob Huggins/Cincinnati recruit, he was accused of statutory rape and indecent assault and battery, and has pleaded guilty to assault and battery and received two years probation. The statutory rape charge was dropped by the prosecutor.

DukeBasketballReport.com

Butler’s freshman-phenom Tyree Evans is back on the team and out of Coach Smithson’s doghouse for the time being.

Cloud.edu

Butler played without its two leading scorers, 6-3 freshman Tyree Evans (17.5 ppg), who was dismissed from the team and 6-7 sophomore Tony Durant (16.2 ppg), who did not make the trip to Great Bend, Kans.

JucoClassic.com

BTW, his current JUCO – Motlow State CC – is in Tullahoma, Tennessee, which is about 25 miles from Huntsville, AL and 65 miles from Chattanooga.

Current stats on Tyree Evans from the Motlow College website…

Looks like he can play, I don’t think that’s ever been the question though.

Current stats on Tyree Evans from the Motlow College website...

To put the numbers into perspective, Coley averaged 11.7 ppg at Dodge City C.C. (…including 43% from 3-pt range?!?)

[QUOTE=EE9er;285960]Looks like he can play, I don’t think that’s ever been the question though.[/QUOTE]
It’s not the playing on the basketball court that is the problem, but the “playing” off the hardwood that landed him in judicial court at issue here. Also factor in his being kicked off his first JUCO team and the fact that he ended up at an obscure JUCO in the middle-of-nowhere in Tennessee (of course that may be redundant!).

BTW, I’m all for 2nd chances, but have a REAL problem with the rape incident, even if he was able to plead it down so that he didn’t have to register as a sex-offender.

but have a REAL problem with the rape incident, even if he was able to plead it down so that he didn't have to register as a sex-offender.

Rape is alot different than some 16 yr old ho that lets 3 guys run a train on her at a party. Not condoning, but I don’t vision that as rape. If the testimony states she yelled “no” then I say he cannot be a Niner.