Tyree Evans - 2008 SG

[QUOTE=metro;286077]Rape is alot different than some 16 yr old ho that lets 3 guys run a train on her at a party. Not condoning, but I don’t vision that as rape. If the testimony states she yelled “no” then I say he cannot be a Niner.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my sentiments Metro

How would you feel if you had a 15 year old daughter that went to a party and had 3 soon-to-be college basketball players take advantage of her like that? It is rape, because 15 year olds aren’t old enough to make decisions like that for themselves. Fifteen year old girls are naive and dumb.

To put the numbers into perspective, Coley averaged 11.7 ppg at Dodge City C.C. (...including 43% from 3-pt range?!?)
During warm-ups before St Joes, Kyle Church was guarding Coley on the 3 point line, and Coley made a fake and then shot a 3 over Church for a nice swoosh. It was pretty funny.

[QUOTE=metro;286077]Rape is alot different than some 16 yr old ho that lets 3 guys run a train on her at a party. Not condoning, but I don’t vision that as rape. If the testimony states she yelled “no” then I say he cannot be a Niner.[/QUOTE]
Metro, I am well aware that statutory rape can equate to consentual sex in which one of the parties is under legal age. Either way, not very good judgment on his part.

No, I don’t expect our guys to be angels and they haven’t been (the story about the player on the FF team drinking the bong water is a hoot!) as the shoplifting, gun toting, etc. are all well-known.

Anyway, my 2 cents…

Tyree Evans’ story is reasonably well known by now: a Bob Huggins/Cincinnati recruit, he was accused of statutory rape and indecent assault and battery, and has pleaded guilty to assault and battery and received two years probation. The statutory rape charge was dropped by the prosecutor.
What is "indecent" assault and battery? That sounds a little worse than just getting in a fight, but maybe I'm wrong on that? We probably won't know the real story of what was going on with the girl, but the assault and battery is one red flag. Getting kicked off his first juco team (what do you have to do to get kicked off a juco team when you're their star player?), that's another red flag. He sounds like a pretty high-risk prospect. Given Lutz' contract situation and his past good record (certainly compared to what's seen at a lot of other schools), I'd be very surprised if he brought in someone with that kind of high-risk when someone like Dubois will be evaluating soon. Dubois could end up using that as a red flag on Lutz.

[QUOTE=metro;286077]some 16 yr old ho that lets 3 guys run a train on her at a party. [/QUOTE]

Thanks Imus:lol::lmao:

I’m sure there was quite a bit to that story than I read on the net, the fact that the DA decided to reduce tells a bunch… Hell, Colt Brennan was in a similar boat, he copped to a felony… Not saying any of this is right or wrong- I will just trust Lutz on this one.

P.S. Regardless what a bunch of fruitloop jurors in LA said. OJ is gulity:cuss:

[QUOTE=eason49;286087]How would you feel if you had a 15 year old daughter that went to a party and 3 soon-to-be college basketball players take advantage of her like that? It is rape, because 15 year olds aren’t old enough to make decisions like that for themselves. Fifteen year old girls are naive and dumb.[/QUOTE]
As the father of 20- and 12-year old daughters, of course I wouldn’t want that happening to either one of them. Anyway, we’re not questioning the girl’s character here, but that of Evans.

Thanks Imus:lol::lmao:

It’s clear that she was a ho, but was she nappy headed as well? I didn’t read that part in the headlines.

Hello niner nation This is the cousin of Tyree Evans, just got off the phone with him and I am glad to inform you that he will be attending the university of Tenn. go vols!!!he will sign I think he said in april.

Did Evans actually have an offer from us, or were we just showing interest? Just wondering if he passed on us (possibly due to the Lutz contract issue?) or if we passed on him due to the rape thing.

Hello niner nation This is the cousin of Tyree Evans, just got off the phone with him and I am glad to inform you that he will be attending the university of Tenn. go vols!!!!!!!!he will sign I think he said in april.

If this is true… Hope he can make the best of the opportunity. Pearl generally plays those that are deserving, due to effort.

[QUOTE=va804boii;286724]Hello niner nation This is the cousin of Tyree Evans, just got off the phone with him and I am glad to inform you that he will be attending the university of Tenn. go vols!!!he will sign I think he said in april.[/QUOTE]

anyone found out anything official about this??

Cameron Tatum just got screwed.

[QUOTE=ninerID;286774]Cameron Tatum just got screwed.[/QUOTE]

Transfer?!? :shades:

[QUOTE=metro;286077]Rape is alot different than some 16 yr old ho that lets 3 guys run a train on her at a party.[/QUOTE]

We didn’t get Evans, but at least we let people know how we feel about the (actually 15) year old girl who caused all the trouble.

We are still in running for Tyree…very much so. He had 41 points last night in win. Ga Tech, K State, Tenn, Fla, and WVU all in hunt, along with Charlotte.

[QUOTE=Richfieldniner;287874]We are still in running for Tyree…very much so. He had 41 points last night in win. Ga Tech, K State, Tenn, Fla, and WVU all in hunt, along with Charlotte.[/QUOTE]

Richfield, keep us up-to-date on Evans. I assume you saw his cousin came on and said he was going to UT.

[QUOTE=moss2k;287878]Richfield, keep us up-to-date on Evans. I assume you saw his cousin came on and said he was going to UT.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I saw that. We are still in great shape as of today.

[QUOTE=Richfieldniner;287881]Yes, I saw that. We are still in great shape as of today.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I would say we are still in great shape as of today because Evan is NOT a member of our team.

Yes, I would say we are still in great shape as of today because Evan is NOT a member of our team.

:lmao:

Glad to see someone else feels the same way I do about Evans.

[QUOTE=run49er;287888]Yes, I would say we are still in great shape as of today because Evan is NOT a member of our team.[/QUOTE]

Thats your call and your opinion. I wouldnt rush to such a quick judgement. Anyway, just wanted to say Charlotte is still in running.