Tyree Evans - 2008 SG

[QUOTE=Richfieldniner;287896]Thats your call and your opinion. I wouldnt rush to such a quick judgement. Anyway, just wanted to say Charlotte is still in running.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Richfield. any idea of guys we are going after this year that we don’t know about?

I’ve heard that Dubois has to approve any “risky” signee. I’m surprised Lutz is sticking his neck out for this kid. That said, I want him here if he was cleared of those charges. I think our staff can evaluate if he is got his head right at this juncture. Hell the natl champs want him.

[QUOTE=metro;287938]I’ve heard that Dubois has to approve any “risky” signee. I’m surprised Lutz is sticking his neck out for this kid. That said, I want him here if he was cleared of those charges. I think our staff can evaluate if he is got his head right at this juncture. Hell the natl champs want him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think if he is innocent, he would be a great asset. I wouldn’t mind someone clearing all of this speculation up here…

I've heard that Dubois has to approve any "risky" signee. I'm surprised Lutz is sticking his neck out for this kid. That said, I want him here if he was cleared of those charges. I think our staff can evaluate if he is got his head right at this juncture. Hell the natl champs want him.

My understanding is that is strictly for academic purposes if a kid is going to Prop 48. If a signee makes the grades I don’t think Chael Hill Phil has a say.

Yeah. I think if he is innocent, he would be a great asset. I wouldn't mind someone clearing all of this speculation up here....

Well, the jury will always be out on that one. He plead down to a lesser charge of child battery.

I’m all for second chances, but this kid already had his imo. He was picked up by a Juco team, and then kicked off the team midway through the season.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time and I’m a complete idiot.

Hello niner nation This is the cousin of Tyree Evans, just got off the phone with him and I am glad to inform you that he will be attending the university of Tenn. go vols!!!!!!!!he will sign I think he said in april.

Hello Niner Nation, this is the cousin of Philip Dubois. I just got off the phone with him and am glad to inform you that he plans on doing everything in his power to see that nothing at this university changes for the better and eventually it will become an extension of the glorious University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Go Heels.

see how easy that was? I think mine was a bit more accurate though…

Well, the jury will always be out on that one. He plead down to a lesser charge of child battery.

I’m all for second chances, but this kid already had his imo. He was picked up by a Juco team, and then kicked off the team midway through the season.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time and I’m a complete idiot.

I would like to know why he left his first Juco.

I would like to know why he left his first Juco.

Here ya go…

Evans decided to enroll at Butler County Community College but was dismissed by coach Randy Smithson in early January for "conduct detrimental to the team's cohesiveness."

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticlePrinterFriendly&uStory_id=80842ce6-9186-4264-ad65-caa9fefce638

[QUOTE=casstommy;287956]Here ya go…

Evans decided to enroll at Butler County Community College but was dismissed by coach Randy Smithson in early January for “conduct detrimental to the team’s cohesiveness.”

[URL]http://www.kstatecollegian.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticlePrinterFriendly&uStory_id=80842ce6-9186-4264-ad65-caa9fefce638[/URL][/QUOTE]

Is where someone on the A10 board would say …

Ghost of Carlos Williams ??

Given the agreement on here that team chemistry was a problem the last year, and that we really like the chemistry and attitudes of the freshmen and sophomores here, I’m really surprised that so many are interested in Evans. If he was a freshman, I’d be leery. But as a juco coming in who would take playing time away from the rising freshmen and sophomores, and his previous chemistry issues and high risk, this just sounds like a really bad idea. I know he sounds like a great talent and we may need help at shooting guard next year, but personally I’d rather we take our chances with Anderson, Barnett, Bowden, and maybe Dewberry (if his shot develops). I’d even like to see what Harris could do when the other team’s guards don’t have huge size advantages, he’s hitting well enough to keep teams honest I think. These guys play with the kind of team attitude that makes watching them fun to root for even when they are missing shots.

Not saying it’s stupid to want Evans to come here, just surprising so many want to take the risk.

[QUOTE=9erken;287971]Given the agreement on here that team chemistry was a problem the last year, and that we really like the chemistry and attitudes of the freshmen and sophomores here, I’m really surprised that so many are interested in Evans. If he was a freshman, I’d be leery. But as a juco coming in who would take playing time away from the rising freshmen and sophomores, and his previous chemistry issues and high risk, this just sounds like a really bad idea. I know he sounds like a great talent and we may need help at shooting guard next year, but personally I’d rather we take our chances with [B]Anderson[/B], Barnett, Bowden, and maybe Dewberry (if his shot develops). I’d even like to see what Harris could do when the other team’s guards don’t have huge size advantages, he’s hitting well enough to keep teams honest I think. These guys play with the kind of team attitude that makes watching them fun to root for even when they are missing shots.

Not saying it’s stupid to want Evans to come here, just surprising so many want to take the risk.[/QUOTE]

It’s Andersen :49ers:

YeahI’m all for chemistry…

Look at the Giants, they are missing 2 Pro Bowlers and now they are in the super bowl…that is what chemistry can do for a team in a TEAM GAME.

It's Andersen :49ers:
Shoot! and I thought about it too. (thanks):pout:

[QUOTE=9erken;287971]Given the agreement on here that team chemistry was a problem the last year, and that we really like the chemistry and attitudes of the freshmen and sophomores here, I’m really surprised that so many are interested in Evans. If he was a freshman, I’d be leery. But as a juco coming in who would take playing time away from the rising freshmen and sophomores, and his previous chemistry issues and high risk, this just sounds like a really bad idea. I know he sounds like a great talent and we may need help at shooting guard next year, but personally I’d rather we take our chances with Anderson, Barnett, Bowden, and maybe Dewberry (if his shot develops). I’d even like to see what Harris could do when the other team’s guards don’t have huge size advantages, he’s hitting well enough to keep teams honest I think. These guys play with the kind of team attitude that makes watching them fun to root for even when they are missing shots.

Not saying it’s stupid to want Evans to come here, just surprising so many want to take the risk.[/QUOTE]

waitwait!!..i offer my services if none of the above mentioned individuals come through.

Article in SI…

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_bonus/01/24/tyreke.evans/index.html?eref=mostpop

Article in SI...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_bonus/01/24/tyreke.evans/index.html?eref=mostpop

Not the same Evans

Yeah I just realized that. Still a good article though.

[QUOTE=casstommy;288342]Not the same Evans[/QUOTE]

I didn’t think so. But good article.

Hello Niner Nation, this is the cousin of Philip Dubois. I just got off the phone with him and am glad to inform you that he plans on doing everything in his power to see that nothing at this university changes for the better and eventually it will become an extension of the glorious University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Go Heels.

see how easy that was? I think mine was a bit more accurate though…

Mannnn! I have no reason to lie…Just know that he is not coming to your school, why am I wasting my time telling you idiots…When april 11 come around just don’t say I didn’t tell you so:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Mannnn! I have no reason to lie.....Just know that he is not coming to your school, why am I wasting my time telling you idiots......When april 11 come around just don't say I didn't tell you so:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Ya know, I think we just might survive. I'll go out on a limb and say Evans not coming here won't exactly be the end of the world. Brace yourself.