UAB football

Had almost 29000 at their game yesterday. Having their best attended game in years can only help as the season winds down.

They were also competitive with the best team in CUSA, and could have easily won the game. Iā€™m pulling hard for those guys, but you have to wonder if their success this year might actually harm them due to their insane BOT situation.

UABā€™s crowd against Marshall.

Looks terrible in their stadium, but that group of people is at least twice as large as what we had in the entire stadium yesterday.

God bless UAB. If they get their team taken away from them there is no justice.

Guessinā€™ you ainā€™t never heered of 'bama justice, have ya?

Guessinā€™ you ainā€™t never heered of 'bama justice, have ya?[/quote]

Nope. Alabama is pretty far down on my list of things to learn about. Sounds like they have some real issues.

Guessinā€™ you ainā€™t never heered of 'bama justice, have ya?[/quote]

Nope. Alabama is pretty far down on my list of things to learn about. Sounds like they have some real issues.[/quote]

Maybe itā€™s a bit better since George Wallace died. A little. Like, one dead man better.

Good Oleā€™ Alabamer Politics. You guys thought UNC-CH had their foot in on everything that goes on in the UNC System, UAB canā€™t do anything without approval from Bear Bryant Jr.

[quote=ā€œNinerballin, post:48, topic:29110ā€]Good Oleā€™ Alabamer Politics. You guys thought UNC-CH had their foot in on everything that goes on in the UNC System, UAB canā€™t do anything without approval from Bear Bryant Jr.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/9891201[/quote]

This guy will be a good fit in chapel hill if he ever gets run out of Alabama. Of course, I do not see Bear Jr. being run out of Alabama.

[quote=ā€œ49r9r, post:49, topic:29110ā€][quote=ā€œNinerballin, post:48, topic:29110ā€]Good Oleā€™ Alabamer Politics. You guys thought UNC-CH had their foot in on everything that goes on in the UNC System, UAB canā€™t do anything without approval from Bear Bryant Jr.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/9891201[/quote]

This guy will be a good fit in chapel hill if he ever gets run out of Alabama. Of course, I do not see Bear Jr. being run out of Alabama.[/quote]

Are dog tracks legal in NC? If not, I canā€™t image this clown ever leaving 'bama.

[size=2]UAB players should be allowed to transfer w/o waiting a year.[/size]

[size=2]Of their 10 defensive linemen, 7 are Juniors this year. [font=Verdana]Shaq Jones (junior this season) plays the Jack position and is 3rd leading tackler, would be huge in the 3-4. So many juniors on defense. [/font][/size][font=Verdana][size=small]Leading Rusher is a sophomore. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][/size][size=2]Would be PERFECT fit for next season.[/size][size=small][/font]

Heartbroken for our friends at UAB.

F**k the Tide, Paul Bryant Jr., and that whole backwards state.

[quote=ā€œninerID, post:52, topic:29110ā€][size=1em]UAB players should be allowed to transfer w/o waiting a year.[/size]

[size=1em]Of their 10 defensive linemen, 7 are Juniors this year. [font=verdana]Shaq Jones (junior this season) plays the Jack position and is 3rd leading tackler, would be huge in the 3-4. So many juniors on defense. [/font][/size][font=verdana][size=small]Leading Rusher is a sophomore. [/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=1em]Would be PERFECT fit for next season.[/size][/font][/quote]Theyā€™ll probably be allowed to transfer without waiting.

At this point, might as well just shut it down after this season. Now that it is announced, you canā€™t field a competitive team anyway.

Look at some of those numbers!

[quote=ā€œNiner National, post:54, topic:29110ā€][quote=ā€œninerID, post:52, topic:29110ā€][size=1em]UAB players should be allowed to transfer w/o waiting a year.[/size]

[size=1em]Of their 10 defensive linemen, 7 are Juniors this year. [font=verdana]Shaq Jones (junior this season) plays the Jack position and is 3rd leading tackler, would be huge in the 3-4. So many juniors on defense. [/font][/size][font=verdana][size=small]Leading Rusher is a sophomore. [/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=1em]Would be PERFECT fit for next season.[/size][/font][/quote]Theyā€™ll probably be allowed to transfer without waiting.

At this point, might as well just shut it down after this season. Now that it is announced, you canā€™t field a competitive team anyway.[/quote]

I think the plan is to end the program immediately. If they get a bowl invite, I hope they let them play.

Really feel for those guys. This will hurt CUSA basketball as well, UAB is a program that has the potential to get at large bids.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:55, topic:29110ā€]http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24839675/uab-football-isnt-alone-in-losing-money-for-athletic-departments

Look at some of those numbers![/quote]

Holy cow. ECU and Georgia Southern actually sell out games too.

Where are the Alabama fans, alums, & students to say not in my name? Where is the Gov. & Legislature? Is there anyone else in Bearā€™s family that can tell Paul, Jr. heā€™s mocking his fatherā€™s memory?

In 1989 Bryant was quoted in Esquire as describing the clientele at his Alabama dog track as ā€œa low-class, low-income crowd ā€¦ generally your lower class of blacks, your welfare blacks, you want 'em to have enough room to get in and out, but at the same time you want to get as many in as possible.ā€