UAB Pre & Post game thread

i really believe that if we finish with a strong recruiting class, we could be really good next season. i love this team’s effort and heart. uchebo might end up going down as my all time favorite niner. he plays so hard and you can tell his knee is not feeling great. i believe we got no points from the bench. the fact that we are even competitive as short and short handed as we are is a testament to the players and coaches. i never thought i woud enjoy watching a team with our record this much.

If she bitches about the refs being bad at their job, the National referee guys response should be:

“Pot, meet Kettle”

If she bitches about the refs being bad at their job, the National referee guys response should be:

“Pot, meet Kettle”[/quote] Just curious as to why “national referee guy” would critique Judy’s job performance.

One word that needs to be repeated from previous posts. AMAZING. 5 guys if which 3 are freshmen. 1 center and 4 guards. Heart. Guts. Class. Fight. Smarts. Selflessness. Improvement. Price makes Major look silly. However, IMO, Price is better than Bobby and Melvin too. I hate to make a statement this early, but better than Mullins too.

Also, who is our last freshman to score 30?

It seems so foreign to me to see a Niner team with decent guard play. I hate losing but we’ve competed with some of the best teams in our conference. At least we can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

“Pot, meet Kettle”[/quote] Just curious as to why “national referee guy” would critique Judy’s job performance.[/quote]

because they both suck… Sarcasm my friend…

“Pot, meet Kettle”[/quote]

Feeling a little snarky tonight? So the story was, Judy was not at the game because she is on an NCAA committee and was out of town for a meeting. She watched the play several times in slow-motion on her computer and is certain that the MT player traveled before any contact was made. She talked to the head of officials for C-USA and he asked that she send him the tape so he could see it because he was travelling too. He is sending it to the NCAA head of officials. The outcome of the game cannot be changed, but it will be reviewed and can be a “teachable moment.” As a fan, I think she did exactly what I would have hoped she would.

[quote=“Gas49er, post:24, topic:30124”]One word that needs to be repeated from previous posts. AMAZING. 5 guys if which 3 are freshmen. 1 center and 4 guards. Heart. Guts. Class. Fight. Smarts. Selflessness. Improvement. Price makes Major look silly. However, IMO, Price is better than Bobby and Melvin too. I hate to make a statement this early, but better than Mullins too.

Also, who is our last freshman to score 30?[/quote]
I would guess Rodney White.

Feeling a little snarky tonight? So the story was, Judy was not at the game because she is on an NCAA committee and was out of town for a meeting. She watched the play several times in slow-motion on her computer and is certain that the MT player traveled before any contact was made. She talked to the head of officials for C-USA and he asked that she send him the tape so he could see it because he was travelling too. He is sending it to the NCAA head of officials. The outcome of the game cannot be changed, but it will be reviewed and can be a “teachable moment.” As a fan, I think she did exactly what I would have hoped she would.[/quote]

Makes me feel so much better with her at the helm.

We just competed with a the best team in our conference, WITH 5 PLAYERS!! This team is special so much fight it is insane. Win or lose I’m incredibly proud to be a Niners Fan. Guys played their Asses off. Incredibly incouraged at the future of this program. Mark Price will turn this program around. Might even do it come CUSA tourny time. I will never count this team out.

It’s so great to see Price during timeouts drawing out plays, and then see the guys execute. He really seems like he has got the players to buy in, and is truly having fun coaching. I was a little worried about him being upbeat after some of his initial pressers, but he looks like he did in his playing days. I cannot wait to see what we can do when we have a few more players. He said tonight on the post game that no one wants to play us, and that is the TRUTH!

Also just saw in the game notes that Scott is the first Niner to score 30 since Braswell did it 4 years ago. We have sucked for too long

“Pot, meet Kettle”[/quote] Just curious as to why “national referee guy” would critique Judy’s job performance.[/quote]

because they both suck… Sarcasm my friend…[/quote] So your saying he should NOT have said pot and kettle? Cause that would be sarcasm. BTW, I ain’t your friend.

Feeling a little snarky tonight? So the story was, Judy was not at the game because she is on an NCAA committee and was out of town for a meeting. She watched the play several times in slow-motion on her computer and is certain that the MT player traveled before any contact was made. She talked to the head of officials for C-USA and he asked that she send him the tape so he could see it because he was travelling too. He is sending it to the NCAA head of officials. The outcome of the game cannot be changed, but it will be reviewed and can be a “teachable moment.” As a fan, I think she did exactly what I would have hoped she would.[/quote]

Makes me feel so much better with her at the helm.[/quote] So tiresome turning a thread about a wonderful effort by our team into a bitchfest about Judy. Not the time.

[quote=“Gas49er, post:24, topic:30124”]One word that needs to be repeated from previous posts. AMAZING. 5 guys if which 3 are freshmen. 1 center and 4 guards. Heart. Guts. Class. Fight. Smarts. Selflessness. Improvement. Price makes Major look silly. However, IMO, Price is better than Bobby and Melvin too. I hate to make a statement this early, but better than Mullins too.

Wow. C’mon.

Another very fun game to watch. Like someone said earlier, I’m having more fun watching this team than in pervious seasons. Henry is still one of my fav all time 49ers, it’s just a shame he never had a competent head coach.

3 consecutive freshman of the week. Have we ever achieved that before? I’m going to say no. We are hanging with the best teams in the league with no Sully and Vanhook, pretty amazing to think about.

Cam Blakley = 4 fouls in 4 minutes. Ouch

I noticed one thing tonight that I do not think we would have seen the last 5 years. White picked up his 3rd foul and the refs tried to give the foul to Uchebo, which would have been his 4th and made him play less agressive. White immediately got the ref’s attention to tell him the foul was on him. When that ref did not respond (imagine that), he got the attention of the other 2 refs and had them change the call to a foul on him.

That was a great example of on-the-floor leadership and teamwork.

Being short on height (pun intended), I was wondering why we are not playing Blakely and Beans more. However, after watching Blakely proceed to acquire 4 fouls in minutes and the performance of Beans in the previous games, I finally understood Coach Price’s mindset. They are bad, bordering on terrible. I hate to say this, but it seems that Blakely and Beans are more of a liability than help at times during the game. With only ~6 players in rotation, we kept up with some of the best teams in CUSA, as well as, Georgetown. I am proud of our Niners and their effort. Most of all I believe that we have a winner in Coach Price! By the way, after watching Coach Price’s team this season, I believe that the stench left by AM is finally dissipating…

[quote=“Iron9er, post:34, topic:30124”][quote=“Gas49er, post:24, topic:30124”]One word that needs to be repeated from previous posts. AMAZING. 5 guys if which 3 are freshmen. 1 center and 4 guards. Heart. Guts. Class. Fight. Smarts. Selflessness. Improvement. Price makes Major look silly. However, IMO, Price is better than Bobby and Melvin too. I hate to make a statement this early, but better than Mullins too.

Wow. C’mon.[/quote]

The coach of the local middle school girls team would make Major look silly. I like Price and I think he will get us turned around, but saying he is better then those three is a bit much. Let’s see him dance before we declare such lofty things.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:38, topic:30124”][quote=“Iron9er, post:34, topic:30124”][quote=“Gas49er, post:24, topic:30124”]One word that needs to be repeated from previous posts. AMAZING. 5 guys if which 3 are freshmen. 1 center and 4 guards. Heart. Guts. Class. Fight. Smarts. Selflessness. Improvement. Price makes Major look silly. However, IMO, Price is better than Bobby and Melvin too. I hate to make a statement this early, but better than Mullins too.

Wow. C’mon.[/quote]

The coach of the local middle school girls team would make Major look silly. I like Price and I think he will get us turned around, but saying he is better then those three is a bit much. Let’s see him dance before we declare such lofty things.[/quote]

Yep. It’s way too early to tell about Price, but he looks like he is on the right track. I hope he turns out to be better than Foster and Rose. He is definitely already better than Wissel and Major.

Was at the game…Team has more heart than last 4 years combined.As someone else said…“I enjoy watching this team 100 x more than any Major outfit!”

It’s always said that a team takes on the personality of it’s coach…Why I even saw Price barking at the refs (and unlike Major he did get a few makeup calls)

Standing O for team coming off was all class by Niner Nation…Now,Santa,just please bring us a few wings and bigs for xmas.

Uchebo is a born leader…I love the guy (well,maybe except at the foul line)