Uh-huh Guy

Whatā€™s his deal? I have heard about him, and I saw him at the game with his nifty signs last night, but does he just yell Uh-huh or something? Maybe I am too far away from him to appreciate what he brings to the game. Can someone enlighten me?

Heā€™s from the baseball games. He yells Uh-Huh the entire game. I think heā€™s an assistant principal at some school around here.

Heā€™s a baseball fan. It works out much better in that environment. People who frequent baseball games know him and I personally really like it when he comes to bball games. Iā€™m sure most people are completely oblivious tho.

[URL=http://media.www.nineronline.com/media/storage/paper971/news/2007/06/04/SpecialSection/yell-As.Loud.As.You.Can.UhHuh-2834824.shtml][B][U]ā€˜Yell as loud as you can, Uh-Huh!ā€™[/U][/B][/URL], NinerOnline.com

Thanks guys. Okay, I am now a Paul Buchanan fan, Uh-huh!

I first saw him at the Kannapolis Intimidators baseball games. What it isā€¦ Uh Huh!!! is all I heard the whole game. I bet it gets annoying to the pitcher and Iā€™m sure a couple of fans. But I think itā€™s awesome heā€™s at our games. They should put him on the speakers during a time-out or two.

He drove the Tar Heel wine & cheese crowd crazy in Chapel Hill last season at the baseball game.

the ā€œI Love This Placeā€ sign is greatā€¦ Uh-Huh is a great fan to have in NINER NATIONā€¦ Also would be great to have the CATMAN or whatever they call him from the panthers gameā€¦ Noticed him in the Student section @ WF gameā€¦ the green hair was greatā€¦

He drove the Tar Heel wine & cheese crowd crazy in Chapel Hill last season at the baseball game.

Gotta love that! :shades:

Iā€™ve always wanted CATMAN to be in our student section. Heā€™s kindof a local icon as far as Charlotte Athletics (Panthers, Bobcats)

Iā€™m also really happy to see Uh-Huh at our basketball games - we need supporters like him

He is a nice guy, and probably okay at basketball games, but he is unbelievably, soul-crushingly annoying at baseball games. I wanted to chuck him down the stairs on more than one occasion at Hayes Stadium last spring. Gotta love the passion, but he needs to tone it down. A lot.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;275360]He is a nice guy, and probably okay at basketball games, but he is unbelievably, soul-crushingly annoying at baseball games. I wanted to chuck him down the stairs on more than one occasion at Hayes Stadium last spring. Gotta love the passion, but he needs to tone it down. A lot.[/QUOTE]

We definately got a healthy dose of him last season and will again this year. Hibbs loves him (hes on the pass list for every home game), the players love it, parents love him, and hell i like him too. Sure he can be annoying at times, but he is an interesting character and a passionate one too.

Besides TF you wont hear him anymore when you are upstairs at Hayes sitting in luxury with a mic in front of your face.

I completely disagree. I have nothing but love for Uh-Huh at all sporting events.

the best is when he goes behind a hot girl and holds up his ā€˜10ā€™ sign with an arrow pointing down. thats always funny!

I love how pissed off he got the South Carolina fans at last years NCAA tournament. They were ready to beat his ass for real. The South Carolina police talked to him and told him to tone it down (instead of telling the USC fans not to resort to violence). I wanted us to stick up for him but there werenā€™t many of us. After that, fans really got to shouting UH-HUH a lot whenever the chance arose. Classic stuff. Itā€™s got me really looking forward to baseball season now.

How dare he bring spark to the entertainment juggernaut that is college baseball?

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;275352]Iā€™ve always wanted CATMAN to be in our student section. Heā€™s kindof a local icon as far as Charlotte Athletics (Panthers, Bobcats)[/QUOTE]

He was sporting the green hair at the Wake Forest gameā€¦

If Uh-Huh guy is supporting your team ---- he is GREAT.

If Uh-Huh guy is against your team ---- he is more annoying than fingernails on a chalkboard, Tarheel wine and cheesers, DIck Vitale and Mark Packer.

Therefore, since Uh-Huh guy is a Niners fan, long live Uh-Huh guy.

Probably not possible, but would be interesting if they could make him more involved during the game, somehow.

I thought Uh-Huh contributed a great deal to the atmosphere of our baseball games. He gave them that added diminsion. Uh-huh, the nationā€™s best college baseball announcer (TF), and the national champion heckler (who I believe was Chisox) added to our home field advantage.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;275397]He was sporting the green hair at the Wake Forest gameā€¦[/QUOTE]
And he was wearing a CHARLOTTE (the school) jersey. They showed him on the big screen and he received a loud applause.

[QUOTE=A-10 bound;275379]Besides TF you wont hear him anymore when you are upstairs at Hayes sitting in luxury with a mic in front of your face.[/QUOTE]
Well, this is true. Of course, we could still hear him in the press box at Fieldcrest Cannon Stadium.