UMass Football Postgame

What a great game, its weird (in a good way), seeing us take care of business against a team we’re suppose to take care of business against.

Offense looked great, Reynolds looked sharp, the running game and WRs look explosive and the protection was good. It was cool getting a look at Kean’s arm late in the game, but to echo other posters the offense just runs better with Reynolds.

Defensively, I thought we looked pretty solid as well. Our pass rush is nasty, and after five years of seeing little to no pressure, its great watching our D-line making QBs uncomfortable. Our run defense still looks a little soft to me.

Special teams is still special, Cruz was back to his old self though and thats good to see.

It’s going to be fun seeing what this team can do in the conference, the Florida games are going to be big tests.

1 Like

Should UMass drop back to FCS or join a conference with football? They have looked really bad this season.

I’ll never say a school should drop down because that’s shit that gets said about us too. That’s an internal administrative decision for the school to make.

Northeast football is hard. Syracuse, Boston College, Rutgers and especially UConn have huge issues getting anyone interested in their product. Independence is not a long term solution for UMass. They want to replace UConn in the AAC, but taking their basketball to the MAC seems the only realistic choice for them at the moment.

1 Like