UMass Football Postgame

Anyone know anything about Kean’s injury?

When Healy announced he would play multiple QBs in a game I do not think any of us realized he meant because we would be so far ahead on score. Last night we played 4 QBs!

We are all excited by the turnaround we have seen on this team, but once we get into conference I expect much closer games.

9 Likes

Wasn’t it Sherriffs that was injured? I didn’t know Kean was hurt.

2 Likes

I said this last week, I’ll say it again. I’m not sure we have the jimmy’s and joe’s to be great on special teams. If you notice last night, we started rugby kicking again. This is due to our staff recognizing that we can’t allow returns. While I got some PTSD from the Lambert era, it’s clear they recognize the problem.

It’s really crappy to ask for patience from niner fans, but we must build the depth.

So much of special teams is attitude and effort, and you can see that is a huge + of this football team.

Now to the positives. Reynolds was stellar. Running game was great. Can’t recall too many dropped passes, and we looked solid in pass pro, and run blocking.

Defensively I am so impressed with Fugate. He’s taken every advantage of his opportunity. Hope Gemmell is ok. They doubled highsmith all night, and he was still disruptive. Osborne shut his side of the field down. Young linebackers both played very well.

i really dont think we realize exactly how good highsmith is. he will be a realatively high draft pick. not an, “he might make a roster guy.” he could be a 2nd-4th round guy, he is that good. lemay should also get drafted late(5-7th round). highsmith might be as good or better than larry and it is hard to say that but he is that dominant.

When I watched the game this morning at home Highsmith was just destroying UMass. He didn’t get a sack, but he was very disruptive. He caused the pick 6 and made numerous big stops, hurries, TFL’s, etc. His biggest test will be next weeks game. If he plays well and puts some good stuff on tape he could be in the conversation of the 3rd round or better. He still has a long way to go, but he is making his case.

1 Like

Highsmith is probably going to be an earlier pick than Larry the way he has been playing.

He should have gotten half a sack imo. He finished off the qb that was hit first by another player.

After a good night’s sleep I’m even more bewildered by that attendance figure. It can’t be right.

1 Like

If it actually ticket, them some tickets are not scan properly because of the scanner have issues from time to time. Note: Clemson states they didn’t have any sellout last year…

Fuckin FNZ… https://twitter.com/wfnz/status/1173261073711075329?s=09

Does wfnz do our highlights? I mean, there were several great plays that obviously should have been included in our highlights. I demand a redo!

Nice pict! Give Hill full credit for arranging this with the Geese

1 Like

We could drop a few for sure…but it wasn’t so long ago that we lacked the ability to deliver a football to a receiver…seemed to be as much a lack of player development as talent.

I’m officially on the Atkins bandwagon. Amazing.

You are correct. Senior moment!

WFNZ does not exist.

Guy’s name is Mark Williams. He’s as hype as they come and will be there all season.

1 Like

clt asks if heals controls the geese now. That flyover was sweet

3 Likes