UNC Board of Governors visiting campus for first time in 40 years

This is a very big deal.

Charlotte Observer op-ed (time to properly fund UNC Charlotte): :eek: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article11165169.html

Chancellor Dubois’ op-ed: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article11165209.html

What’s at stake:

School 2014-15 Funding per student

N.C. School of Science/Math $29,053

UNC School of the Arts $23,666

Elizabeth City State $17,497

UNC-Chapel Hill $16,311

Winston-Salem State $13,307

N.C. State $12,923

N.C. Central $11,614

East Carolina $11,134

UNC Asheville $10,846

UNC Pembroke $9,725

Fayetteville State $9,545

Western Carolina $9,222

N.C. A&T $9,026

UNC Greensboro $8,722

UNC Charlotte $8,104

UNC Wilmington $7,456

Appalachian State $7,385

UNC AVERAGE $10,941

I’d be more impressed with this if there was a SINGLE voice on the board with a UNC Charlotte degree. Since there’s not…

Here is the video that the school showed the BOG

[quote=“FortyNinersForLife, post:3, topic:29433”]Here is the video that the school showed the BOG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H38Wli4NGk[/quote]
That video is pretty great. Like Niner_National said in SB, hope they edit it down for television ads, instead of Norm’s shrunken laundry.

[quote=“emf, post:4, topic:29433”][quote=“FortyNinersForLife, post:3, topic:29433”]Here is the video that the school showed the BOG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H38Wli4NGk[/quote]
That video is pretty great. Like Niner_National said in SB, hope they edit it down for television ads, instead of Norm’s shrunken laundry.[/quote]
Could not agree more.

Really enjoyed that. We do need a brief version to run during tv games.

Great video

clt says governors,

Grammars is important.

Damn proud to be a Niner.

[quote=“cltniners, post:8, topic:29433”]clt says governors,

Grammars is important.[/quote] Goobernors?

Personally, I think norm shrinking a jersey would have been more persuasive.

We always say that we are NC’s only Urban Research Institution and I have never understood that. How are NCSU and UNC-CH not the same? The seem urban, and they do tons more research than we do. I like the tag line, but I do not really know what it means.

Chapel Hill isn’t Urban at all, its a college town. Calling that urban is like calling Boone or Cullowhee urban. NC State you may be right about.

Chapel Hill isn’t Urban at all, its a college town. Calling that urban is like calling Boone or Cullowhee urban. NC State you may be right about.[/quote]
We’re more urban than Rawleigh.

Chapel Hill isn’t Urban at all, its a college town. Calling that urban is like calling Boone or Cullowhee urban. NC State you may be right about.[/quote]
We’re more urban and Rawleigh.[/quote]

We aslo aren’t called Moo U

Why the cynicism?

I am originally from Chapel Hill so I remember when it was a real college town. I get your point, but Boone and Cullowhee are not even close the the same thing. In the same way that Charlotte and Mecklenburg County almost equal the same thing, Chapel Hill is a part of the Triangle, and that is a big urban center.

awesome video!

We’re more urban and Rawleigh.[/quote]I’d say NCSU’s campus is a lot more urban than ours.

I’ve never really understood saying that we’re the only urban university in the state, especially when we’re very much in a suburban part of the city. If we were downtown, I’d get it, but we’re not.

I am originally from Chapel Hill so I remember when it was a real college town. I get your point, but Boone and Cullowhee are not even close the the same thing. In the same way that Charlotte and Mecklenburg County almost equal the same thing, Chapel Hill is a part of the Triangle, and that is a big urban center.[/quote]

I gave this some more thought and you are probably right. Saying Chapel Hill is not urban at this point is probably a stretch, but I suspect we probably are calling them a college town to make a distinction. Raleigh still has me confused though.